Given that companies like Netflix and Amazon are spending millions on starting new series and picking up cult classics...

Given that companies like Netflix and Amazon are spending millions on starting new series and picking up cult classics like Twin Peaks, why has nobody bought Firefly? Fans have raised literally millions of dollars in its support already.

Leave Firefly alone. Literally every actor who starred on that show hates the fact they wake up every morning to thousands of emails asking them if firefly will come back. The 14 something episodes we got from it are all god tier. Its easily Joss's best work (and only good work).

Literal meme show

Dollhouse has some greatness in it breh

overrated as fuck

it would be the perfect tumblr bait but it was pretty shit

I hate like half the characters

just wish christina hendricks would show her boobs

Echo is a shit.

This is Sup Forums so wait for nearly every reply to be contrarian and calling the show shit :)

Firefly was cancelled for good reasons. It's niche garbage for idiots.

hello tumblr

Like clockwork

only liked the intro song

>YOU CANT TAKE THE SKY FROM ME

Joss Whedon has never made anything good. It's all quippy femme fatale trash and I don't know why anybody expects anything better from the man behind Alien: Resurrection.

>muh land, muh land

yeah, nah. fuck off with this gay shit.

You know, I think I like the concept of Firefly more than the actual show. I mean, that's obvious, but I really liked Firefly the first time seeing it, but when I went back, it really did not execute the concept well by any means.

The characters are all clearly Joss characters. ie, characters way too witty and clever for their own good, characters have no flow, their actions and opinion shift however Joss requires it.

The characters don't reflect the western genre in any way. Its really not a western in space. It only has the appearance of a western in space.

Next you'll say Fincher is shit because of Alien 3.

To say a show that got cancelled because of abysmal ratings is bad is not a contrarian opinion. In fact it's an objective reflection of popular opinion.

It is contrarian to enjoy this show.

It's already back in spirit

The Train Job is literally a future-western, as is the whorehouse episode.
The whole show could be equated to a band of outlaws (and friendly scoundrels) being hunted by the Pinkerton's because they have some Indian girl.

But I know what you mean.

t. Contrarian.

Oh the Train Job was definitely the best episode, both in that it truly captured what Firefly should have been and that it was just good. Whorehouse episode was decent but I feel like Joss's annoying liberal agenda was forced way too hard (not even Sup Forums).

>prostitute is least attractive person on the show

I'd rather bang DSL black lady

I hate that nowadays no one will just let something end. There's always some campaign or petition to bring everything back.

Firefly had its second season and series finale with Serenity.

>b-but it was shown in the wrong order
>reruns still haven't convinced people it's good
>b-but the movie will convince everyone
>like fuck it didn't
It was mediocre and it would had been another one of those enjoyable B+ shows but the obnoxious fanbase has over-rated it to the point were it will never amaze anyone who watches that.
It's literally a fucking meme at this point.

When they were first bringing things back a V or something said Firefly didn't have a big enough audience to warrant revival. Which is hilarious considering all the original programming and revivals they now pump out on a consistent basis. But to be fair everyone's just so old now.

>2002 was 75 years ago

Why would they? Why would Netflix or Amazon buy Firefly, have to spend loads of money recreating the sets and assembling all of the actors (who cost more) now when they could just create their own content instead? It's not like Firefly was a massive hit. It flopped.

hate this fucking show(canceled for good cause)

but oddly liked the movie

nearly everything whedon has made rubs me the wrong fucking way.

it's his autistic man-child understanding of witty dialog = quips.
Like perpetually he's the looser eavesdropping on "the cool kids" and how they interacted.

Because there's a huge fan base for the franchise and a well made series would be very profitable

>but the obnoxious fanbase has over-rated it to the point were it will never amaze anyone who watches that.
So it's contrarian to dislike the show.........

I guarantee you that 90% of actual "browncoats" want it dead. The movie was 11 years ago, there isn't an outcry anymore.

No it wouldn't, for the reasons I've just explained to you. It would cost considerably more to re-make than it did to make originally. If it wasn't profitable back then then it certainly wouldn't be now that the fan base has dwindled, and certainly not compared to original content either. The financial incentive to being a failed series back is practically non-existent, fan outcry could not be less persuasive.

>The financial incentive to being a failed series back is practically non-existent
The only argument that matters is that there is NO fan outcry for more firefly. OP is just an idiot.

>The 14 something episodes we got from it are all god tier

lel

season 4 of arrested development is a great argument against bringing any cancelled show back

at least the yahoo season of community was better than the gas leak year

Yes, but Whiskey is a cute.

They already ruined it with the movie.

Well personally I love Firefly even if it is meme tier, but I don't want them making anymore because it will likely be terrible

t. Intimidated by women manbabby

>restarting a failed tv show
Top kek, OP is retarded

Not good enough.

I know there are like one or two more, but she's such shit at taking pictures of those honkin taters.