Are millennials the dumbest generation?

Are millennials the dumbest generation?

Other urls found in this thread:

xvideos.com/video28615361/forest_masturbating_-_twintera.com
library.canterbury.ac.nz/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Inb4 bait

I bet that was written by a clueless old woman who works there.

There are millennials that have only ever used mobile phones and MacBooks and never heard of an Ethernet cable.

They still know that internet and wifi are not synonymous.
I hope.
Oh god, i weep for this world

Nigga that's a picture of an ethernet cable being called a "WiFi cable" at a fucking university. Intra and Internet are well beyond their grasp.

I haven't seen a mainstream laptop released since 2010 have an ethernet port. Much longer for Apple. I guarantee that somone out there needed that label to know what the hell that cable is for.

No they are the smartest. They are also the youngest about to come into political power.
Nano thread
The greatest threat, or our only hope? As I laid in bed staring at electron micrographs of virus the thought occupied my mind, that perhaps virus are the only thing preserving carbon life in the universe.
It is possible that this universe is a simulation by a higher form of life that is attempting to exterminate carbon life from it's own universe.
>We need immortality
>We need to colonize mars
>We need to terraform earth
>We need to mitigate seismic instability
>We need better nuclear facilities
>We need better grand designers
>We need better air quality control
>We need better understanding of our drugs
>We need better surveillance
>We need better dentistry

There is absolutely no doubt that millennials are the dumbest generation in the history of history.

>being born in 85 I technically am a millennial

I am embarrassed by my people

Stfu faggot

Does the cable have to be orange to work?

For the love of all that is holy, I need the sauce.

Your nostalgic stupidly. I ate the bait and shit it out didn't I?

I require more of that

Found the millennial

This was likely meant for an older less tech-literate generation, not the millennial one.

looks like someone got triggered

I don't know OP, are you?

Millennial are probably the most intelligent generation that has ever existed. They'll be displaced by the next generation.

Jesus, that looks like the body of a tranny.

where do I plug this into my phone?
what is the range of this type of WiFi?

No, but my friends say it goes faster. Always get the orange jacketed cable.

800 hours in paint

I'm more interested in who the fuck would still own a laptop with an Ethernet cable port. Like seeing someone with a nokia.

Nah dude. You are GenX. Fuck millenials.

today

The absence of a feminine penis took me by surprise too

Search forrest masturbation on the xhamster ameture section and you'll probably find it.

Not all millenials are retarded, I was born in the mid 90s and can't believe the shit other millenials do, but not all

No, millennial starts in the 80's

No every future generation is smarter

Honestly the whole "mellenials are stupid" thing is dumb because it generalizes an enormous segment of the population based on a particular birth cohort. Now one observation about birth cohorts you can make is that millenials in countries like the US, will have to pay more in social security in order to pay for the baby boomers generation and eventually the cohort after millenials will have to pay for the kids of the baby boomers, also knownas the echo boom cohort.

However in the long run, millenials are projected to be thd most productive birth cohort and require the least amount of social security from newer generations.

Found the sauce.

xvideos.com/video28615361/forest_masturbating_-_twintera.com

Millennials now is "i don't like you and i want to feel better than you", generic insult.

Like autistic.
Or SJW.
Or pleb.
Or fag.
Or shill.

You've basically stripped the term of any meaning it originally had just like all the others.

Then you've got dumb shits like this:
>No every future generation is smarter

That says incredibly retarded things like this, when it's a stupid generalization and the truth is a complex mix of a ton of different factors.

Tech is pretty much magic for people born after -98 to -06 because they had fathers and mothers and older brothers and sisters to setup interwebs and IT in general for them. Automatically joining to a WiFi has been a norm for couple of years now.

>coloured
Not the millennial's that are retarded, just the britbongs

do you know anybody born after 1985 is a millennial?

I was born in 1990 and honestly I don't know how some of the people I know are still alive. Also 9 out of 10 are just plain dumb, not retarded, just dumb.

That sign was made for people over 40 you dumb fuck.

WiFi Cable

>dafuq?

>WiFi
>Wired

pick only one (unless you have routing enabled).

Each new generation is a fresh invasion of savages.
– Benjamin Disraeli

And you'll be surprised to know that 90% of people over the age of 30 has no fucking concept of what even a cable is. Its stupid sure, but working ISP tech support really shows you how fucking stupid both the babyboomer generation is aswell. Stupidity is not exclusive to any generation.

yes

It's from a high school library.

Proof

It is from a university library, look at the sign.

People do legit not understand that wifi and internet are not synonymous. I have a wifi network that people connect to and do not understand why they can't reach the interwebs.

library.canterbury.ac.nz/

>poorly designed printed piece of paper
>proof

Color itself does not matter. Orange has become the most common color for Cat5e/Cat6 ethernet cable, which is designed for 1Gbps speed. Older Cat5 was commonly blue, and was designed for 100Mbps.

My business laptop has one. Dell Lattitude E5470

That's simply because intelligence makes the sense you possess less common.

Are you serious?

Just because Apple and bunch of minilaptop manufacturers have ditched physical network port doesn't mean everyone is hopping to the bandwagon.

Unironically, no, millennials are no dumber than any other generation. And honestly the amount of bitching about millennials I see on Sup Forums is pretty hilarious considering that's the main age group on here.

t. gen-x

that bitch got a tail

Nah. I'm smart and edgy. Everyone else is a dumbass

I've never understood why each generation complains about the next one. Millennials will probably be the most advanced generation seeing how high paced and competitive school is getting. Is ridiculous to assume that they're dumb for not understanding technology that they never had to operate.

This.
Imagine having to use something like a mimeograph machine, or a punch card reader.

do you not know how to operate a mimeograph machine or a punch card reader? what a dumbass

>Millennials will probably be the most advanced generation

I fail to see how kids who never invented or perfected systems and only browsed Facebook and whored themselves on instagram for likes and followers are any more advanced.

They know how to operate the machine but the innerworkings escape them.

I do, but most average people today do not.

What is your point?

Bullshit

You can't call someone advanced or more tech savvy if they can't tell a hard drive apart from a DVD drive.

These people growing up on iPads for example, they aren't even allowed to tweak them. Fuck I remember my first PC and I constantly tweaked it and added parts to extend the life.

Social media is just a new way that people interact. You can't hardly blame kids for using it. It's a whole new gateway to information at higher speeds than any other generation could wish to have, and yet you judge them for using it. More kids have a basic understanding of computers than you think. A lot of them are getting into studying them. It's a rapidly growing field.

Not every child only uses ipads...

Haha you're such a stupid fucking faggot. Stfu and kys

DVDs are going out of style. Again, can't blame kids for not really understanding them. Movies, games, and music are all digital now.

I think probably the dumbest people are people who seriously believe such broad generalizations.

Are you implying that the baby-boomers are good at technology?

You are comparing obsolete tech to core tech like WiFi vs. Cabled Ethernet.

>Not every child only uses ipads...
>implying niggers in Africa are human

>These kids just do blank
>I remember when I blank

You sound like an old grandpa whining. Every old person I've ever heard complain uses this same argument structure. Sounds like you're actually just bitter about getting old.

well done, newfag

now fuck off

said the millennial, cat5e is rated at 10gig per second.

Maybe not the dumbest but certainly the most boring.

Millenials: the generation that coined the word 'edgy' for anything that's not just bland and functional, but has actually character. Duh!

So....How old are you?

only the most stupid call the support tho
personal reality n shit

I'm far from being bitter, my point is you can't give yourself a title which you know nothing about.

I can't call myself a nuclear scientist just because I know how it works. I'm not ignorant but by far I could not maintain a nuclear reactor. Calling a kid who can browse Facebook or "use" computer, iPads, smartphones or any other device "more technologically advanced" is false

same man wtf, I was expecting a small dick with nice round and plump balls, Sup Forums made me gay

My computer just has a black cock port

anyone else notice how stupid the majority of university students are, like literally aborigine level retardation, sure there are a bunch of really smart and gifted people but thats like 10% at the most, what the fuck happened to universities?

They are actually the most intellectual generation but their lack of excersize and poor diet doesn't give them the muscles or cognitive function to put it to any use besides social media/gaming

"everyone should go to college" becoming a meme in the 70s and 80s when in fact most people cannot handle higher learning and are best left to blue-collar jobs.

Here is the deal with this whole "this gen isn't tech savvy".

Usually people make comparison to cars. Back in the days only the enthusiasts and technicians had cars, they knew how to efficiently operate them, do basic repair and quick fixes and had pretty solid understanding on what was going under the hood. Then cars became tools, means for transport and got popular, and not everyone had time to get to know their car. You had users and you had professionals. Now it is slowly taking steps back, public transport eats away private cars and we are going back where we started, where only hobbyists and enthusiasts have their own cars but that's besides the point.

IT, Internet and computing are whole different animals in my opinion. We are talking about a technological stack that controls _everything_ on our lives. Literally everything you do is at some point controlled by IT system and automated to a degree or it transfers through or via some network. We already had the one major talk and have, as a society, decided that nicknames are people. So why should you know at least the very basic of general purpose computing, IT and networking? So you don't leak your dickpicks, banking and credit card information. So you understand that "cloud" is just someone elses computer. So that you understand that "Free" services use you as a payment. So that you understand the degree and severity of Snowden leaks.

We are not talking about a vehicle that gives the freedom of movement and transport, we are talking about enormous system dealing with freedom of everything, and above mentioned reasons and mishaps are why IT people are so disappointed when modern gen only knows how to use services, browsers and "apps" without having a clue on what they are actually doing, what they are signing away and who owns them.

But then again, this is Sup Forums and you all can suck a cock.

except its even worse since the only education they get before college is meant to prepare them for college

>giving a serious answer
Go and take your technical acumen with you, philistine. This thread ill needs a savior such as you.

probably had surgery

found the redditor
lets make fun of him for pretending the internet is his job

and fails miserably
most freshmen have to take 900 level math and English to prepare for college level courses

some women are just not gifted with curves.

Do you mean under 30?

UnderArmour

You can't really be this stupid can you? Surely this is bait. I'll bite regardless. Millennials grew up when PCs started getting in every home, and now are getting to the point where internet is in every home as well. People mock them for knowing nothing about the world other than the technology they grew up with. Also the implication that anyone under 30 works at a library is funny.

> 0 generations between baby boomers and millenials
Look, I get it, you're 15 and full of hormones and you're just so darn frustrated that the world is so full of silly people, but what you don't understand is that you're retarded, and you're gonna be retarded until you're about 30 years old. Okay? So try to relax and focus on you not being retarded, as opposed to other people being retarded, because I say this as a member of Generation X, you're going to do yourself and the whole world a lot more good by cleaning your fucking room.

This user is right. Its a matter of people knowing that there's not a magic man sitting in their computer that does everything, that the cloud is just a different computer, that an 'app' is a program.

I found the millennial guys

> 0 generations between baby boomers and millenials
Are you retarded?

so..you have an apple shitbox and now you think you know something about computers?

I think you're retarded. Millenials don't have the same internal issues as the cancer boomers and don't feel so lost

No, boomers are far worse.

This guy is good at making assumptions and broad generalizations. Arguing? Not so much.