Sup Forums confessions

be sincere

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n2xODjbfYw8
youtube.com/watch?v=Zp3K6Dtpjgw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Care to elaborate why?

You guys meme me into listening then actually thinking it ain't as bad as you guys said it to be

>mfw I see this thread every day

same

I don't think It's really interesting sonically. Maybe It´s a lyrical masterpiece but I do't care about the lyrics as much

I never listened to a full length Beatles album until I was 20 because of the fanbase

I only post on Sup Forums when I'm about to have a panic attack because I don't really have anyone else to talk to.

I unironically enjoy a lot of third wave Post-Rock

I have NEVER listened to an album by the Beatles.

I hate Bob Dylan. He is so goddamn boring. I don't understand the praise at all.

I only like 4 tracks from Kid A, the rest is an absolute snooze fest

You should really hear at least 1

Damon Albarn is my favorite modern artist and Humanz was pretty good.

so you dont like folk music

You should def try their psychedelic stuff at least, Sgt. Peppers or Magical Mystery

why, folk is a musical aesthetic, idiot.

>Bob Dylan
>Folk
c'mon now

I constantly shit on other peoples music taste when I barely listen to anything other than entry level hipster garbage and know nothing about actual musical theory

This is the most Universal Song ever made
youtube.com/watch?v=n2xODjbfYw8

0.5 stars is a meme rating

there's plenty of good folk artists that don't rely on their preachy lyrics
>Tim Buckley
>Nick Drake
>Nico
>Leonard Cohen
just to name a few

>Leonard Cohen
>Not preachy
youtube.com/watch?v=Zp3K6Dtpjgw

he at least is sonically interesting unlike Bob "bore me to sleep" Dylan

I hope you die in your sleep

Except the lyrics on Blonde on Blonde aren't preachy

I've never listened to an album by David Bowie, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Bjork, or any Jazz artist.

I can't stand anything Phil Elverum or Sufjan Stevens has ever made.

This, out of ~1500 albums I have logged, two are .5 star ratings and it's because they're shitty bedroom albums. Very few albums are ever as bad as that.

This so hard
It's one of the worst albums I've ever heard
Simple and repetitive noise rock for 7 minutes straight each song while a Swedish guy yells the same edgy comments about rape over and over isn't entertaining at all to me

That's legitimately Brainbombs' worst album.
Their other ones are actually pretty solid noise rock.

It's okay if you don't like Bob Dylan right now. One day you'll be old enough to appreciate him.

How about you listen to real folk instead.

write us a song then

i think john fahey is one of the greatest composers who ever lived and stockhausen is absolute shite

My favorite Beach Boys album is Wild Honey.

Wow what a retard

my rym curve is centered around 4.0

music for senile old people... how is that a positive thing? lol

God Bless You. I'll pray for you.

I cannot listen to a Beatles Album all the way through.

>Never listened to jazz
How can you have an informed musical opinion if you dismiss an entire genre, especially one as broad as jazz?

>i think john fahey is one of the greatest composers who ever lived
maybe not composers, but probably guitar players

Stay strong, things will look up. I promise.

Hey thanks that's actually very nice lmao

>He's never listened to A Day in the Life, Tomorrow Never Knows or The End
I feel bad for you

what do you mean by 'universal'?

you mean universally appealing?

BoB is literally Bob Dylans least preachy most sarcastic album

kys

You know there's an algorithm that makes your ratings matter less

I don't use RYM, but if I did I would probably be the same.

I don't dismiss it necessarily, I've just never bothered to listen to a full album of it. IDK where to start, it seems like a daunting genre that I'll never really "get" anyway

Mine too

But it's because I tend to rate and listen to music I already know I like, or think I will like.

That and unlike most of Sup Forums I actually like music.

abbey road is not a top 5 beatles album

accurate ratings

Pleb

About right desu.

I thought the band Bathory was called Batlord for about 5 years because the stylising of the text looks like BATLORD.

whoops

>implying any ratings matter

>DELET THIS

Jokes aside, actually pretty accurate though.

We'll always be there for you, bitch. Stay strong.

I would make that mistake too but I think it looks more like bathord

I'm only in the sort of lifestyle where I'm 25 and have been living on sites like Sup Forums for over a decade because I get anxiety attacks when I have to talk to other people so never seeing any people and spending time here is easier

>That and unlike most of Sup Forums I actually like music.
kek

you clearly just haven't listened to these albums enough judging by their scores respective to each other.

Well I agree I should probably lower some of those ratings but I haven't listened to them in a few years

I know I've done this too but I can't remember what I did it to...........fuck.................................................................................it'll come to me, don't go anywhere

Why haven't you listened to the beatles user?

Why have you never listened to that stuff user?

wrong.

If it helps your feelings any, the ratings are relative since I've rated much more than the people who care about those albums so like a 3 for me is like a 4 for everyone else

Aha It does a bit user thanks. So what would a 5 be for you?

Rude >:^(

5's for me are generally albums that I've listened to dozens if not over a hundred times and enjoy every song but generally they are all associated with a specific time in my life when that was my go-to album for months or years

I need to remind myself every year or so to go back and maybe bump up some albums to 5's...but one of my first 5's was probably the album in the OP t b h, I've had a rough year so I haven't been able to find any new 5's in a while because I'm too depressed to listen to the same albums a lot

Any albums which are similar to the beatles style that you would rate as a 5?

Same, although I was 18.

kind of blue

it's just music not voodoo
quit being such a fucking pleb

I don't think so, but it depends on what Beatles style you mean, I was generally more into The Velvet Underground sphere of influence and now that I look at it, I just realized basically all my 5's are pretty depressing in theme and sound but my 4.5's have quite a few of the more explicitly pop sort of albums

I generally prefer Paul over John so for example I enjoy Ram but think Imagine is garbage but Yoko Ono's Fly and George Harrison's Wonderwall Music were probably my favorite Beatles solo albums for quite a while

Generally my problem with The Beatles' albums, even though I loved quite a few of their songs, is the filler just bums me out, even my two favorites (Revolver and Rubber Soul), I don't go back to because of the filler tracks but if I deleted those tracks from my library, I'd probably listen to The Beatles a lot more

mine is centered on 3.5. not sure how acceptable that is...

I adore this song, great taste senpai

I was assuming it was going to be their best song, A Sailor's Life

Yeyeye

>trying to be this edgy on an anonymous image board

Oh well cheers man, love a bit of the velvet underground too, idk why but I really like imagine, although I do prefer Paul's solo stuff, I've not really listened to any solo George besides the hits and All Things Must Pass, So maybe I'll find more George stuff that I like.
I don't really know what I'd count as filler on Rubber Soul though, besides maybe "Wait".

I have yet to still, I have listened to most of a few of the "classics" like Sgt Peppers Abbey Road White Album but I just get bored before the thing's over. It's not awful by any means, it's just really not my thing

Same, don't let these people pressure you lol. I've heard enough of their songs to know that I'm not going to like an entire Beatles album, why force it? It's just not my thing

He changed the world user

That Kornheiser wasn't meant for you user

Rubber Soul has the least filler which is why it's the one I go back to the most, and it's the one where I could accept an argument all the songs belong on there, but some of the songs are definitely weaker than others

I only listen to bleeps and industrial and folk. I despise most other genres ecspwically stuff like punk or anything indie ( I do love anco tho) and I wish other people would take the time to really listen to drone,industrial,and neo folk and see beyond edginess and image there is some amazing beautiful stuff. I guess I wish I had more people to talk to about my edgy bleeps. Also have not listened to most "classic" albums, although I do love black sabbath

>folk
What the fuck are you saying

For the record, Dylan did folk but not on Blonde on Blonde (which is why it's his most popular)

Folk Dylan is stuff like Times Are a-Changin', The Basement Tapes (the actual ones, not that Band album) or World Gone Wrong (one of his most underrated albums)...the stuff most hipsters rate highly of his has nothing to do with folk

Pretty sure this post isn't serious but I really love me some neofolk. I could listen to All the Pretty Little Horses all day and never tire of it.

It's a shame you have to think music enjoyment requires you to seclude yourself as part of a subculture, if you didn't feel so attached to your industrial brand (real industrial was one of the greatest musical movements of all time), you would realize neofolk isn't a good genre and mostly mediocre shit and real folk trumps it by far

Idk why you wouldn't think I'm serious. As for neo folk I'd say start with some Jackie o motherfucker them some of the wand and moon
>74155262
I'm not forced into any culture, I could care less I just love scary machine sounds because it reminds me of growing up in a warehouse. Also neo folk is beautiful, listen to a song like "to teach obedience " by ROME

I've listened to ROME and it's pretty but there's no real substance, as with most neofolk, real folk has actual soul and encapsulates history much better than neofolk pretends to