18-1.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_NFL_playoffs#Wild_Card_playoffs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

5-2

5-2

1****-2

>28-3

Hahaha I'm not even a Pats fan and I can see how buttblasted you are. Tom and Bill have 5 owls now, get over it.

kek

A rough loss, will the patriots ever recover?

18-1 is the single greatest choke in NFL history

but that Atlanta Choke is up there

Tom Brady cannot be denied, only delayed.

As an entire season? Sure.

But for an individual game, gotta be the Atlanta choke.

No. That 1 in the 18-1 is a bigger single game choke than Atlanta. I'd put atlanta right behind that.

Super bowl 42 was a close game, it was a choke because they lost

The 25 point lead Atlanta blew was nearly statistically impossible, even moreso than the Pats losing after being 10 point favorites

Nah, that was just solid football from the Giants. Considering the Pats had beat them once that season, they played a tigher game than anyone thought they could. I don't think the pats made any glaring mistakes that you can call a "choke" like the Seahawks or Falcons made in their owl games.

>injured next season

haha the best of Brady is definitely behind him!
meanwhile Peyton just keeps getting better!

The game itself wasn't a choke job, it was super close and then the Giants got a very lucky catch to setup the win. Doesn't take anything away from the giants (just the the Pats lucky catch this past Superbowl.

The SEASON is a choke job, no doubt. I don't know how you could call blowing the biggest lead in Superbowl history not the biggest single game choke job.

ITT: patsfags desperate not to be the crowned kings of chokejobs in the NFL

D E L U S I O N A L

ATL choke was so bad it looked rigged.

18-1 was a legitimate football game.

7-1

Still the greatest moment in sports history.

Hold up a sec. I'm gonna call the NFL headquarters and ask how many asterisks are on the Patriots' Owls

it's ringing (no pun intended)

Alright, just got off the phone. Apparently there are no (zero [0]) asterisks on any of their Super Bowl victories. Who would've guessed?

You know you're the greatest dynasty ever when the haters are reduced to baiting you over an 18-1 season, maybe the second or third best season in league history.

Reminder that the real GOAT had a perfect season

Haha, Brady btfo! Bellicheat on suicide watch!

Say it with me everybody: Your Superbowl LI Champions: The Atlanta Falcons!

>ywn be so dominant that the worst season you had in a 20 year span is losing a single game

System QB at this point tbqh. He can only do checkdowns now. Accept it Sup Forums, if the Pats didn't have Belichick, they would have probably only won one or two bowls.

>Falcunts still mad af

LEL

>18-0 lost to a 10-6 wild card team
>13-3 lost to a 9-7 wild card team

not an Atlanta, Giants, or New England fan, but Eli will always have Tom's number when it comes to Superbowl's. those should have been easy New England victories

I really wish people weren't this casual

Eli has nothing to do with Tom Brady.

Quarterbacks do not player against each other. Quarterbacks play against opponents' defense. They have nothing to do with each other apart from playing in the same game.

>next up, Tom Brady bringing the pass rush

>Quarterbacks do not play against each other.
blame 70 years of people making QB's out to be the most important players on the team

>pats choked because Eli got the catch of the century in the final minutes of the game

God I hate delusional Patriots haters. There was nothing really choke worthy there so much as Giants got a sign from God.

The Falcolns on the other hand choked so hard I genuinely think Atlanta should just stop having sports teams

They were having a perfectly heterosexual boat party in Miami.

5 rings cuck

I dunno about you guys, but I'm convinced that Atlanta lost that game on purpose for whatever reason.

Sorry, OP. 18-1 is dead.

It had a good run ;_;

>28-3

What's that the black to white ratio in the state of Georgia?

>thinks regular season record is a guarantee result predictor.

top kek burgerlad get yo shit together.

I'll kek with you on that, but can you please explain how Eli did it twice, without an overwhelming cast around him?

in some sports it can sort of, nfl definitely not though, their system is fucked up

Bill has 7.
He could get 10 if he wants.

>without an overwhelming cast around him

JPP, Justin Tuck, Michael Strahan, and Fred Robbins are more than enough of a supporting cast when the opposing quarterback is about as mobile as a statue when he can't step up into the pocket.

i wouldn't qualify a strictly great defensive line as a helpful hand, he made a hero out of David Tyree, who the fuck was that guy?

WE KNOW

I fucking hate the Patriots.

Too bad they're going 19-0 next year.

Pats fan here.

I can honestly say 18-1 doesn't hurt anymore. Sure, a perfect season would have been nice, but when you go to the Super Bowl seven (7) times and win five (5) of them you really can't complain.

SB LI wiped any bad memories I have. 5-2 is just insane and you can't complain about that.

>watching Super Bowl 42
>good shit happening
>Joe Buck underselling everything
god dammit he fucking sucks

That Giants 9-7 wasn't a wild card team. They had won the NFC east title

Osi as well.

Pats fan here.

I feel the same way, but I understand that nobody will believe us. Imagine what 18-1 would do to any other fanbase; most teams can't even get to the Owl, let alone win every game.

But when you go 5-2 over 15 years, one loss just isn't that big of a deal.

Not even as an entire season, they still went 16-0 and nobody has ever done that before. Last time I checked, they call Peyton Manning the greatest regular season quarterback to ignore all the choking he did in the playoffs. So then I can say 2007 was the best regular season performance by any team ever to ignore the soul crushing super bowl loss.

Brady had the 2nd highest yards per attempt on passes this season only behind MVP Matt Ryan.

bruh, it's okay to ignore the obvious troll bait

>Osi Umenyiora will always have Tom's number

Repaired that one for you.

yes they were

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_NFL_playoffs#Wild_Card_playoffs

This retarded meme that those Giants teams finished the regular season and walked into the playoffs needs to stop

The 2007 Giants beat a 13-3 Cowboys team and Brett Favre at Lambeau

The 2011 Giants beat a 15-1 Aaron Rodgers Packers team at Lambeau

But since these losses didn't come in the super bowl it somehow expunges them from all QBs except Brady

5-2

I wish we had won that game against Seattle to give 18-1 a whole new meaning I think that would have canceled 18-1 out completely.

did anyone else used to hate the Patriots and grow to accept their greatness?

my friends and I were so happy when they blew the perfect season, partied all night making drunken jokes about how shit they were etc

now i love tom and bill, consider them gods, root for them every game

>Timothy Bradley now has both the most humiliating and most heroic moments in Owl history
Not sure how to feel about this fampai, dont even think I can hate them anymore

Timothy Bradley is a boxer .

>trying to make fun of a team for having a nearly perfect score
americans are truly mentally damaged

nah hes a Dobermann

I had enough schadenfreude after their 2 owl losses to the giants. Watching them beat the meme seahawks was glorious to revel in.

>I go to nfl.com
>I click Super Bowl winners
>I don't see any * next to Patriots wins
really makes me think

>Implying Brady didn't get a shitload of YAC

this triggers the loser

the more i watch the replays the more the entire last half makes NO FUCKING SENSE

it was as epic a defeat as the fall of constantinople or the destruction of nazi armor at stalingrad

Not gonna lie, former Pats fan here. This is fucking hilarious watching Tom Brady crash and burn. But in all seriousness, we can't let him get the air pumps.

>it was as epic a defeat as the fall of constantinople

Not really. The "Fall of Constantinople" happened when the Eastern Roman Empire had literally less territory than the state of Rhode Island, when the city had already been conquered twice....it wasn't some epic loss. It was a long time coming. The fact that Constantinople was even still independent in 1453 was a fucking miracle in and of itself.

If you want an epic defeat involving the Eastern Roman Empire, I'd suggest:

>Heraclius wrecking the Persians through sheer dumb luck (they were about to conquer his whole Empire and he said "fuck it, I'll take 100,000 guys, we'll march to Persia, and either we win or we all die" and it worked)
>the Arabs wrecking Heraclius (literally reversing everything he ever achieved in about 10 months)
>the Western Europeans betraying and slaughtering the people of Constantinople in 1204, 249 years before it "fell"

My mom is from Boston. My dad (from New York) and I used to mock her mercilessly for 18-1.

We can't do it anymore. She came by my dorm to drop off food/drinks yesterday (I'm sick, and she's one of those moms who gets super worried), I said "remember 18-1?", and she said "Brady has 5 rings sweetie", gave me a hug, and that was it.

We have no power over her anymore. Damn New England. Damn them to hell.

Implying anyone doesn't get a shitload of YAC

Forth
4thpbp

>meanwhile Peyton's forehead keeps getting bigger.
Ftfy

Which qb great wasn't in a system? Every modern quarterback relies on an offensive corridor to make strategies for the offense. The only one I would even consider a case for would be Peyton Manning. Otherwise, the term "system quarterback" is just an overused meme to make excuses against someone.

Search engine it.

>Seahawks or Falcons made in their owl games.

You're right. The Patriots just lucked into winning those rings. Their skill played no part.

They had one of the most dominate d-lines on record with a quarterback whos power level somehow increases after the regular season. At least for the first match-up, the giants pass rush was to quick to let brady bomb it to moss like he had been.

I still get triggered

They play positions that are likely to have the most impact on the game but any non-casual knows the truth you filthy, stinky ball-sacked homo.

Darek Carr.

Brady would have taken the Raiders 0-16 with that team.

>Brady somehow would do worse with better receivers and a better oline than he did this year

Try harder

I use to be a big hater of the pats. Them being a coastal team plus they were dominant most of my childhood annoyed the crap it off me. It also didn't help that i bought into the "scandals" meme, which looking back were literally nothing, but at the time made me despise them and hope nothing but the worse. But as I got older, and watched how they conducted themselves, always putting the team over any individual, I respected them more.
But the true turning point was when they beat the Seahawks, another upstart coastal team who thought they were going to be a dynasty. At that point, I realised Tom and Bill were all time great and I am watching what may be the GOATs of their position. At this point, I'm not a true fan of them, but I'll defend the Patriots whenever anyone tried to downplay their success.

Though I agree, the rest of the world shouldn't talk when it comes to sports competitions, consisting all these soccer fans across the globe are ok with a tied outcome of a match. Some would even say a tie is a positive outcome for a team.

>Derrick Carr
>QB great
1 good year doesn't prove much.
Also this.

Meant this

Only the Jets receivers dropped more passes than the Raiders did this year (30 vs 29).

I don't care how many passes Amari Cooper and Crabtree drop if they can get three times as much separation as a college Lax player and former QB

It doesn't matter how good they are at route running if they can't catch a ball. Pats receivers are very reliable when Brady gets the ball to them, only the Titans and Cowboys had fewer drops.

Yeah bro how did those two clowns end up doing this year?

It's pathetic really to live this far in the past against a team that still had success afterward. You may as well continue to chant 1918 at Yankee Stadium while losing to the Red Sox again.

>RED KEKS

remember how you guys were guaranteeing a dynasty with your 5 aces? hahah

you might even say that the 18-1 goaded belichick and brady to excel beyond what they otherwise would have