Years and years and years hear all these Twin Peaks memes

>years and years and years hear all these Twin Peaks memes
>years and years and years hear how amazing Twin Peaks is and constantly hear it compared to great films and books and games
>six episodes into season 2
>it's a soap opera
>a bad soap opera
>there are still 16 episodes, a movie, and a new season ahead of me
I feel like my entire life is a lie. Does the show just have an incredible ending that justifies sitting through all of this?

Deadly Premonition was supposed to be a cheap Japanese videogame knockoff, but even with all its lethally rough edges, it was still better than this.

Agent Cooper is the only redeeming trait it has, but he doesn't get enough screentime to carry the show.

Peasant.

(You) have no sense of humor. Season 2 gets fucked up for a bit, but it coles back around, full circle, like the universal time.

Lynch didn't direct all of the episodes. Just go with it and accept it for what it is; Twin Peaks is one of the greatest Sup Forums's of all time.

It's a fucking great soap opera
With fucking great characters
With fucking great chemistry
And a fucking terrific mystery
It will make a grown man laugh and cry
It can melt your heart and make you leave the lights on at night

It's literal perfection

>not a single mention about the music
This is how I know you have no taste and are in fact, a major pleb

>six episodes into season 2
>it's a soap opera
kek, wait till 210 onwards

I don't mind the humor when it's timed right. That's exactly why I love Agent Cooper, and I just burst out laughing at Bobby and Shelly's party with vege-Leo, with the low droning of the kazoo from Leo's barely conscious groaning.

90% of the show is shitty soap opera love triangle garbage.

True Detective has all the eerie atmosphere, human characters, relationship drama, strong sense of humor, and exciting mystery without any of the cringey soap opera garbage.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it. I've watched this far because I like parts of and some of the characterst. It just...isn't very good.

Music is pretty great, but it just makes the writing look worse by contrast.

>It's a Ben Horn is in a General Lee coma/dilusion episode.

Why the fuck is this program so comfy??

pls user

Get the Heineken bottle out of your rectum, OP.

The non-Lynch episodes aren't terrible, but definitely not as good as the weakest episodes by him.

And yes, the last 4 or so are fucking GOAT

There are too many characters. It spends too much time on each one to write them off as a minor character, but then they drop off the face of the earth for episodes at a time.

If the cast was half the size, it would probably be much better.

>heavy sexual undertones throughout the show
>Laura and Ronnet were gangfucked/raped
>Bob is described as enjoying "the pleasures"
>Maddy just gets her face smacked into a wall, end of story
Rape is usually a shitty crutch for shitty writers, but if the shoe fits then you better damn well wear it.

>God Tier
Season One
FWWM + missing pieces combo

>Great tier
Missing pieces

>Good Tier
FWWM

>SHIT TIER NEVER WATCH IT AGAIN
Season 2

Just watch until they resolve the case, last three episodes of season 2 and you will be Ok.

Watch all of it just to say you did but I just love this show cause of how it switches from super comfy to super eerie. After season 2 ep 9 it goes down hill but it does pick up a bit right near the end and then the "ending" is pretty great. When re watching I usually skip from s2. Ep 9 to the last two episodes

>skip episodes
I wish I had the strength to do this, but I could never get over the feeling that I missed something important.

This.

no one cares, faggot

>Does the show just have an incredible ending that justifies sitting through all of this?
Yeah, actually. Also, the movie is nothing like the show.

Just finished episode 9. Pretty legit desu. Not sure why there had to be so much pointless filler.

Season 2 is almost entirely filler, be warned. Still worth watching though.

Episode 9 of season 2, I meant.

Filler or not, I'm not sure what the heck the show can do for the next thirteen episodes. I guess Hank's storyline is still up in the air? And Josie's? But how is that relevant after the final showdown with a man who murdered and raped his own daughter while possessed by a demon?

That's where the filler starts. Once they reveal Laura's killer, Lynch basically left the show until the finale. There is one sideplot though that ties into the mythology of Bob and the other spirits, which is why you shouldn't skip episodes.

I only ever watched season 1 and show is good if you stop on it, I guess.

Season 1 was just as much of a soap opera iirc