Is there a specific reason why people tend to hate Linkin Park so much...

Is there a specific reason why people tend to hate Linkin Park so much? I'm talking about the Hybrid Theory/Meteora Linkin Park. Are they shit on a technical level? Are the lyrics too cringy? Well the same could be said about a lot of other artists, why are they so hated? Pls explain

if you grew up listening to Linkin Park, I'm pretty sure you were cringe worth as fuck at the time. No need to be ashamed tho in the end it don't even matter

the lyrics are too cringy
also they were popular enough for all the people who used to like them to know what exactly about them made them grow out of them

I did grew up listening to them (they were the first band I listened to on the sweet old Mtv) and yes I also was quite cringe worthy as an adolescent, still, they introduced me to music which now is a huge part of my life. Still, this has nothing to do with the question I asked. Why are they so hated? Critically I can't find a single bad thing about their first albums

well the same thing about the lyrics can be said about 80% of the nu-metal/punk-rock bands in the late 90s

I hate them for what they did after Reanimation. Before that they did nothing wrong.

it's the internet, man. Edgy 20+ year olds hated them for being immature and cringy and went to the internet to say how much they hated them. This never stopped and it applies to many other modern bands too that get popular among a young audience

LP is just so so so dramatic and whiney. It's embarrassing stuff. That's why we all enjoyed them in the 5th grade.

>well the same thing about the lyrics can be said about 80% of the nu-metal/punk-rock bands in the late 90s
which is precisely why 80% of those bands suck. what's your point

I was in high school back when Hybrid Theory came out. It's hard to overstate how fuckin' ubiquitous that shit was. I never really thought that much about Linkin Park, but the fact it was inescapable and every white boy was blasting it out their radio made me sick of it just through over-exposure.

To this day I don't really know if it or Meteora are good albums. It was just obnoxious to have it forced on you from every direction.

Your nostalgia has blinded you from hearing how terrible linkin park is, thank god I was never into this trash as a kid. The only numetal band I can think of as cringey would be Limp Bizkit, I'm sure if Fred offs himself too well see threads with faggots defending him as some misunderstood genius with deep lyrics.

Linkin Park nailed a perfect balance between calmness and agression. That was the big thing that separated them from the other bands in the genre at the time.

Fred is just a cringy asshole.

so it's basically considered "cringy" or too "dramatic", which is basically bullshit because at the end of the day the lyrics of every song ever can be considered stupid or pointless if analyzed deeply enough. what I gather from this thread is that Linkin Park (at least the early ones) aren't inherently bad (in fact Meteora and HT received a pretty big critical acclaim back in the day) it's more a matter of who used to like them and still kinda does (mostly because of nostalgia) and those who didn't like them (because "taste in music") but hated them and still du because they got extremely popular.

in short words, edgy 20+ year olds who think their taste HAS to be every one else's taste. good shit. kill yourselves and good night.

lmaooooo why are you so mad?

their shit is cringey, embarrassing, and whiney because the lead singer is crying over corny synths with shitty production. lyrics are not the only thing that contribute to how shitty music is. surely you know this, right?

if you like LP why the fuck do you even care what other people think? are you that insecure in your own taste? just enjoy the music you like scrub

>lead singer is crying over corny synths with shitty production.
did you just describe gary numan there

well they sucked

They are mad the guys went from pure nobodies to music icons within their first release.

I'm pretty sure I said that I never listened to those albums and have no idea that they stack up -- just the nonstop airplay they got left a bad taste in my mouth. Why are you sperging out like a retard tossing his bowl of mashed bananas onto the floor?

Go empty your fucking diaper and learn to read you stupid fucking hillbilly.

Linkin Park was never a terrible band, they have some good songs, Chester was a hell of a vocalist, and A Thousand Suns maybe one of the most underrated albums of the past decade.
But they're def not one of my favorite bands because I just wasn't a fan (even as a kid) of that late 90s early 2000s rap metal/nu metal sound so their earlier stuff is especially cringy for me

I thought my comment was quite hilarious and truthful, why do you two idiots immediately received it as an attack? I'm not insicure about my musical taste nor "mad" (as the kids use to say), I was just stating that, after all, everyone has his own taste and there is no "strong" evidence to support the fact that at least the old Linkin Parks "suck", it really comes down to personal matters really, you might find the lyrics cringy while I might not, you might enjoy Gojira's lyrics enjoyable while I might find them childish and edgy. and honestly who gives a fuck? the fact is, no one brought an actual point to the discussion, only personal opinions, which are not to be considered if we're talking abouth the overall worth of a band. Take it easy faggots

Are they hated? I think, just like most popular music and "culture" of that era, it just doesn't hold up, all of that stuff is embarrassing in retrospect but it was awesome at the time

that's the point my friend! WHY? why is music form the late 90s considered shit? what's wrong with it?

is it actually bad like on a technical level or is it just us, who grew up and discovering new and more complex music deemed our old tastes "shit"? and if that's the case, does it really make it "shit"?