What infamous dictators/politicians were actually into Sup Forums shit...

What infamous dictators/politicians were actually into Sup Forums shit? I heard Saddam and his sons were huge fucking Star Wars nerds. Is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/race/sony-hack-father-north-korean-759289
m.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/556/same-bed-different-dreams
telegraph.co.uk/films/2016/07/24/oliver-reed-saddam-hussein-and-the-true-story-of-the-worlds-most/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_the_Terrible_(film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kim jong il. Movies and alcohol

Film and television are not obscure interests. I imagine most of them from the last century were into Sup Forums shit.

I thought he was into the Godfather? Even emulated the don's mannerisms from what I've read.

Kim Jong Un is a Baneposter

Major cinephile.
hollywoodreporter.com/race/sony-hack-father-north-korean-759289
>Friday the 13th, Godzilla and Rambo were all apparently favorites of the “Dear Leader,”
Also he kidnapped a famous South Korean director and made him try to make food North Korean films (because the NK film industry is propaganda trash). It's a really interesting story.
m.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/556/same-bed-different-dreams

Why is it people who hate the west and what it stands for (epitomized by Hollywood) always adore Hollywood movies?

>Friday the 13th, Godzilla and Rambo
Christ, what a pleb

Really makes you think

At least he knew Die Another Day was shit, even if it was for the wrong reasons.

They recently found out in Brazil that some drug kingpin had a huge library of movies in his private jail suite, some of them kinos.

>Why is it people who hate the west and what it stands for
>buying into propaganda that's not even targeted towards you
Get a grip, user.

Is it true Hitler was also a movie buff? I once read he wanted to make his wife into a movie star after they conquered the USA

he was a shitty artist who got cucked by Leni

Stalin loved American cowboy movies, and would often do all nighters with beer and ice cream

Goebbels considered Snow White a masterpiece and gifted Hitler with some Steamboat Willie [Mickey Mouse] cinereels for home viewing, which he enjoyed immensely. Hitler liked Snow White too.

the meme president of jordan was on star trek

Saddam did nothing wrong

Mirin that physique

>Goebbels considered Snow White a masterpiece and gifted Hitler with some Steamboat Willie [Mickey Mouse] cinereels for home viewing, which he enjoyed immensely. Hitler liked Snow White too.

Not shocking as Disney reimagined Germanic children's classics for American audiences.

Gaddafi had a big stash of anime, iirc GnP was mentioned.

Obama likes Game of Thrones and I think The Wire, maybe True Detective.

>literally "look how hip and relatable I am" tier

those movies are classic Americana you hipster faggot

>maybe True Detective.
I remember that Daddario tweet!

He likes to reenact a certain scene from Scarface.

Dam that one qt

Also shared Hitlers view on the jews

Hitler would've liked anime.

anime is fucking trash schlock cartoons for man children. The only ones ive genuinely liked are full metal alchemist and death note but ive liked them with a grain of salt as in they are the best in a genre that has no real depth. they are like pulp comics a genre that feigns substance that pretends in order to entrance people with no intrinsic taste or self evaluation.

That being said Hitler is a man above such things and would only ever watch anime for the pure spectacle of it.

Stalin loved westerns but he stopped watching them over anti-communist beliefs of the actors in them.

Expectations. The West dominates most forms of media that it is considered blasphemy if you didn't acknowledge its influence.

We had so much in common F

Saddam was a huge movie buff but he wasn't a pleb who loved Star Wars. He financed a movie in his country with Oliver Reed
telegraph.co.uk/films/2016/07/24/oliver-reed-saddam-hussein-and-the-true-story-of-the-worlds-most/

Also to add this Stalin was believed to consider himself a critic and a writer. He was quite critical and studious of movies.
He would've been a excellen Sup Forums user

Russian here. You are fucking retarded. Stalin would never watch pleb western shit.

But it is true that Stalin was a huge cinephile. He pretty much directed Eisentstein's Ivan the terrible, watching all of the cuts and telling him where he needs to improve. Shit like lighting, sound general historical background etc. He even banned part 2 of the movie because he didn't like it. He could just kill Eisenstein, but he valued his work so he left him alive.

Also, Stalin literally commissioned the soundtrack for many moviesas well, telling Prokofiev and Shostakovich to write shit for movies that were of interest to Stalin.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_the_Terrible_(film)

He should've pursued filmmaking T B H

Cognitive dissodance

I heard Hitler liked Charlie Chaplin, until he made that one movie that mocked the shit out of him.

Poor guy must have been disillusioned, like when you finally meet your favorite actor in person and find out he's an asshole.

Jesus Christ I can feel my brain physically twisting as I try to make sense of this.

>ywn watch tibetan cartoons with good ol adolf
Y liff

My dad was on one of the teams that helped kill Saddams son

I currently have appraised at $20,000 tapestry looted from one of his palaces sitting in my closet. The best part? I'm not making any of this up.

A buddy of mine got a hookah from one of Saddam's pads. Shit's pretty cool.

Nice

I knew guys who were coming home with fur coats, swords, paintings and guns. No idea how they managed that one but that's neither here nor there

I can 100% imagine this

>looted

Thieving cunt

Post pics then

More importantly why do they all have basic taste?

Stalin was pretty patrician. He saved Mikhael Bulgakov's career from being smothered to death by censorship. Now we get kino adaptions of his books.

Post a pic of it with your dick resting on it for proofs.

Look out for a post in a few days on /k/. I have a bunch of stuff of his that was brought home

That's all I will say for now

They liked it so much they copied Darth Vaders helmet for the Fedayeen

Did he go by "Shalashaska"?

LE EPIC VIDYA GAEM REFERENCE XDDD YOU LE LIKE LE METAL LE GEAR LE SOLID LE SNAKE LE EATER? LE ME LE TOO! MY LE FAV PART LE IS LE REVOLVER LE OCELOT LE SUCH LE GR8 LE WRITING LE!

*clap* *clap* *clap* *walks into view from a dark corner*

"Excellent post user. The gift of a silver tongue, the mark of a good shitposter... and of a LIAR!"