twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yesterday I watched:

Nightmare On Elm Street I
Nightmare On Elm Street II
Nightmare On Elm Street III
Halloween I
Halloween II
Cat People

Most movies I ever watched in a day tbch.

I just watched Halloween and the thing what are other karpinter kino?

the objective
resolution
angst 1983

Horror wise: Halloween 3 and The Fog
Action wise: They Live, Assault on Precinct 13, and Escape from New York

Definitely recommend Resolution that was a very original horror movie.

And also gotta recommend the entire Slumber Party Massacre Trilogy as well as Sorority House Massacre 2

Old horror is bad horror

Have sex

Did you watch the remake of Cat People or the one from the 40s?

All the RKO horrors from the early 40s are great. Val Lewton was the producer, they gave him $150k per movie and he saved their ass from bankruptcy after Citizen Kane tanked. BTFO'd shitty Universal Horror too. Lewton developed modern psychological horror by relying on atmosphere and tension instead of "super spooky monster suits" and not showing most of the actual horror. In fact many of the "monsters" were debatably not real at all and just metaphors for internal terror, really ahead of its time stuff. I Walked With a Zombie is the best one imo

Superstition was terrible but goodness that poster art is god tier.

Sleepaway Camp
Society

Don't look anything up about them, especially pics. Just watch, now

Good recent werewolf movie was Late Phases, really cool shit. Gave me kind of a Ginger Snaps vibe at times.

I also suggest the Howling series, although most aren't very good. 1 sucks but has better wolf effects than American WW in London. 2 is terrible but the director knew that and turned it into a huge joke, it's really cool. 3 is absolutely bonkers, like crazy shit. More mind blowing than the ending of 2001. 4 just plain sucks except for 1 neat melting effect. 5 is awesome because it's a super comfy murder mystery in a snowy castle in the 80s. 6 is cool in a couple of ways and has a better werewolf/vampire fight than Van Helsing. Haven't seen the rest.

Also Dog Soldiers is obviously cool as fuck, Silver Bullet is alright, Hammer's Curse of the Werewolf is cool. Company of Wolves is really neat, not a horror so much but perfectly captures fairy tale atmosphere in live action.

Horror Express is great. It starts out as a hokey 70s horror that kind of feels like Hammer films, even has Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. Then it explodes into terrifying sci fi horror based on the same story as The Thing. Really great shit, one of my favorites I've seen this year.

Oh, also the movie Castle Freak is a lot better than you'd think. It may sound like a mediocre 90s straight to video horror but it's actually a really well done and nuanced film with some surreal symbolic horror and great makeup/gore effects. Plus Jeffrey Combs kills it.

The Woman
Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
In the Mouth of Madness
Cemetery Man
Macabre (1958)
The Tunnel
youtu.be/4ExqhHp_xgY

I tried to reverse image search this, nothing came up, and i hate to be that guy but, sauce?

The filename

Dagon

source?

Both great cinematography and really creepy.

Watch this. It's so fucking good

Absolute best? The Fog and In The Mouth Of Madness, in addition to the two you named.

They Live, Escape From New York, Assault On Precinct 13, and Body Bags are all worth a look too.

I ought to check out Prince Of Darkness again sometime soon. I honestly can't remember much from it at all.

>(1993) Young at Heart

what the fuck is this?

just like my animu

does this loli have a bigger role?

>hip to be square plays in the background

Can't you fucking read, user?

it's an episode from the x-files by the looks of it

What are some good, less well known slasher movies? I'm a big fan of the Friday the 13th series, so stuff similar to it would be great. I've already seen My Bloodh Valentine and The Burning, so I have those covered.

Yeah i remember google image searching sleepaway camp. Thank god i had watched it but it completely ruins the movie if you havnt. Haven't seen society I'll watch tomorrow.

I agree with those recs, but Carpenter didn't direct Halloween 3. Love the movie though.

Meant to reply to

MARIO
BAVA

>70s horror graphic
>has Shock, one of Bava's most forgettable films
>yet doesn't include Bay of Blood or Lisa and the Devil, two of his best

Who's seen this horror kino?

The original slasher

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Bay_of_Blood

They're missing a lot of good or at least watch-worthy films tbqh

Hey, is that the black dude who can make his eyes pop out of his head?

>Linnea Quigley
sold

Saw this a couple of years ago and it was one of the better time travel movies I've seen. Technically more of a sci-fi movie but a good thriller as well.

Why would I want to watch any of that campy garbage? where is Le Babaspook and It Follels?

NoES 4 is quite good too.

Yeah honestly I'd recommend 'em all. The quality is all over the place, but the series was always pretty campy and self-aware anyway.

are you alright bro?

I remember that Spanish Comedy TV Show called like La Que Se Avecina,I think? The actress in the pic is in it.