Anyone anxiety/hypochondria here?

Anyone anxiety/hypochondria here?

I realize this is the worst place to talk about it but I feel like talking about it anyways.

I have the worst anxiety of anyone I know and I have no idea why. It's not even for a particular reason. For example, I felt air from the fan hit the back of my leg and it sent me into a panic attack. I'm constantly obsessing over my heartbeat which leads to really crippling bodily symptoms to the point where I can barely walk or keep my head straight.

I've tried breathing exercises, exercising and everything else but this shit is debilitating. The only thing that calms it down is alcohol.

>Why not go to rehab/detox?
That shit is super expensive. I've looked into it and even the "state sponsored" treatment facilities want a lot of money and then there's the meds you have to pay for. I tried this week to stop drinking and I didn't drink for 12 hours. My body was self-destructing and I couldn't even move.

>Go to the doctor?
I don't have insurance nor can I afford it. I was making money as a freelancer but it's gotten so bad that I can't even do my work anymore. I can't read text on my screen, my vision gets blurry and my hands get too weak/shaky to even type.

I just want this shit to go away. I'm just curious if anyone here has ever gone through anything similar and if they got rid of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=of-TT_nBPN8
youtube.com/watch?v=hvOgpzRJxJg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

can I see your dick?

No, but here's a random pic.

eh. I'm only really here for dicks.

Sorry, don't have any dicks.

well what do you have?

Yeah i had that shit pretty bad. Not from anything in particular. Just chemicals in the head. Found weed. Basically have to smoke every day to be a functional adult but thats been working out for me.

I know jack shit about weed. I've only smoked it a few times at after parties when I used to hit up the bar scene. How much do you use?

Will admit a lot of it is recreational but even a small amount is enough to curb my anxiety completely. Got so bad i ended up walking out of my final in college :(
If youre new to it a bit should suffice. Edibles are easier to consume but significantly stronger

Hopefully you live in a state where its easy to come by, im in california so i just visit dispensaries weekly

Ohio, small town.

I have anxiety. I used to drink a lot to cope.
You should really get insurance, or if you're anxiety is that bad apply for disability.

benzos are really good for anxiety and imo better than drinking. Withdrawing from alcohol can kill you.

I know it can. I'm just not sure how to go about it when every available treatment option costs a shit ton of money.

Yeah i used to drink a lot as well. i figured weed was just a healthier alternative. Much easier to function than when youre drunk. cuz for me alcohol wouldnt have much effect on my anxiety till i was blackout drunk

You have to do something. I know it costs a lot, but you may have to bite the bullet, put your health first and worry about the money part later.

Like obviously i know smoking is bad. its bad for lungs causes cancer etc. But i had been prescribed xanax and antidepressants. And ive heard xanax fucks up your liver pretty bad so a lot of it came down to me.thinking weeds probably the safest solution for anxiety and depression at least.

Ouch. Mine starts to calm down when I have a little buzz. At least to the point where I can type, I can see and read words on my screen and walk around fine.

I don't drink beer. I only drink liquor from the state store.

They don't accept people without insurance or money to offer upfront. It's not like I wouldn't do it, it's that I don't have any funds to do it. I haven't been working for a while now and don't have any alternatives.

OP anxieties that affect the way you walk as far as I understand it aren't simply just symptoms but manifestations of the underlying problem... not a symptom, but what the fuck do i know so disregard that if not so insightful or whatever but also i know this much and this much i do no damn for sure whatever you do... do not attempt to start taking any controlled substance for purposes of managing it alone... it will become your vice and our crutch and you will be in no way shape or form in any way better off than you are now

t. jackass

lol well rip you. American health care ladies and gentleman.

I've suffered with anxiety/hypochondria for years. The smallest symptom and the worst case scenario plays in my head. I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. Never have. I've also never spoken to anyone about it. I'm pretty good at hiding it even when I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown. Sometimes I wake up and it's right there full force. Other times I have days where I'm totally fine. It comes and goes. Sometimes stays for days/weeks. I don't have insurance and I really don't want people worrying about me or thinking I'm crazy. It's very tough and I know what you're going through. I would definitely get help of some kind somehow seeing as how you're using alcohol to cope. Not a good idea.

I threw up for 2 or 3 months from morphine withdraw. I had to take lesser painkillers or I couldnt move all day. Maybe drink slightly less and slighyly less till its better OP

Go to your local hospital, they cant turn you away regardless of insurance. If you're nervous, do what I did. Got wasted and went in, I was too scared to do it sober.

You just got drunk and went to the hospital. What did you tell them?

Anxiety can manifest itself in a variety of ways that can be physical. But At the end of the day you should always try to take a bit of comfort in knowing that it wont kill you. Idk if you have panic attacks like i did, but every bit of convincing yourself youre ok helps.

one day you will die, you know that right?

He said, "Hey, doc. Come down here." So the doc came down there and said, "What do ya want?"
>One Bourbon, one scotch, one beer.

Well, I used to be a heavy drinker, with a lot of pride. My drinking got to the point where I was drunk 24/7, but I was really scared of detoxing, or even talking about it. I got drunk to the point of black out, and went in. It sounds stupid, but I wouldn't of been able to explain myself/situation sober let alone withdrawing

I have hipochondric from Little Child my grand father was too,I had a lot anxiety when im sober but doing drugs in high school bigger my fears, benzos and alcohol are best for me and taking with friends

Man OP I feel ya, the mental health care system in the US is particularly fucked. I know some homeless shelters that offer free psychiatric treatment but it can't be the best. If I were you I would try to get a job with some sort of coverage or look for a relative or friend you can reach out to who can cover the costs. I used alcohol to cope with my issues for years and when I stopped they all came back with a vengeance. Keep your alcoholism in check until you can find a viable treatment option. And remember, anxiety is just a feeling. You can feel it and let it go and get through it. You're stronger than you know. Keep fighting OP I'm with ya

Evyone knows they are going to die. Thats probably my biggest "trigger" pf anxiety. Panic attacks often seem very similar to the beggining of a heart attack. Im a fat fuck so i always figured maybe this is it. Realized its all in my head and it went away. Then realized it still doesnt matter and we all die eventually. Now i smoke weed. Idk if youre trying to make a joke or something but its kindve a dick thing to do to just see these people talking about anxiety and how they could improve their lives and you just let that one loose

I'm on Lexapro and zanax been on it for awhile now. The only thing with the zanax is that I would slowly stop taking as much and now I go days some times a week without the Xanax. I've also been trying cbd lately. It's a chemical in the weed plant it doesent get you high and doesent show up on drug tests. Look it up

Do you have health coverage? Or Medicare?
>Go to doctor
>I haz Anxiety
>Dr gives pills
>Need for alcohol goes away

ITT: Fucking pussies
lol fucking really? man the fuck up jesus christ millenials

Yeah CBD is a thing. Personally also enjoy getting high tho. But yeah if thats something you dont care for then CBD is a great alternative

I have hipochondric from Little Child my grand father was too,I had a lot anxiety when im sober but doing drugs in high school bigger my fears, benzos and alcohol are best for me and taking with friends

But the best way is behavioral psychotherapy mixed with farmacology

Thats the thing tho. Its not about manning up. Its literally just chemicals in your head. If you had a fever or the flu or some shit like that, no ones gunna tell you to man up or call you a pussy for taking some tylenol.

OP, did you have any sort of traumatic experience or a traumatic period in life, like a fucked up relationship with someone, and your anxiety/hypochondria developed or got worse afterwards? I've heard bad experiences/memories can trigger anxiety or panic, especially during psychedelic states so I'm surprised people are recommending weed here which raises heart rate and gets many people freaked out. Also, is some of the anxiety coming from knowledge of family health history in mind?

It's really easy to say that if you've never experienced it. I've never been nearly as bad as OP but a good friend of mine from High School was. It was hard to watch because it does incapacitate you if it gets that bad.

Well they did studies showing that weed reduces stress in low doses and increases it in higher doses. Definitely something you want to be careful with because it can and has triggered several panic attacks for me. But its really a state-of-mind drug. The "trick" for me is that when youre high, youre stupid. And you can tell yourself youre happy and fine. And you actually believe it. And if not, its actually really easy to just distract yourself. Thats the way i cope with it anyways.

In 2011 I had a heart palpitation out of nowhere and I didn't know what it was. I started Googling symptoms which for some reason sent my body into a non-stop state of panic.

One day, I went on a date in the park, came home and my head hurt from the sun. I thought I was going to have an aneurysm because I couldn't stop Googling shit and thinking the worst was going to happen.

I started going to the bar around that time and that seemed to be the only thing that calmed my body down.

The anxiety is more like, I always fear something is going to happen to me even if I know I'm fine. I personally know in my head that I am okay. My body however won't stop and the anxiety seemed to calm down during my bar days. It for whatever reason has gone through the roof to a point where I can't be normal in the past couple of weeks. Nothing has changed and I have no idea why it happened.

If I try to go hours without drinking, my body feels like a warzone.

I mean really though, you're asking if people suffer from mental illness in a board full of mostly fap threads? No shit a lot of people here aren't right in the head. They're mostly probably NEETs mooching off their mother with no ambition to get a job.

In my experience, i found that anxiety just gets worse if left unchecked... So uh definitely do something about it. I dealt with it for 2 years until i couldnt really hang out with my friends without having to "suddenly leave" in the middle of it. Couldnt go to class, Couldnt hold a job. Dating was a fuckin nightmare, and even excercise was pretty much impossible cuz of heart palpitations and panic attacks

It took me months to do this but you have to stop monitoring your heart beat. It gets a lot worse when you do. You have health anxiety and you probably think everything will lead to a heart attack. I used to wake up with a burning chest and my heart pounding out of my chest. Breathe in and breathe out, can you feel your heart rate slow down when you breathe out? That is a healthy heart. You will be okay.

I mean to be fair, dating is a nightmare in itself. I'm 29 and I can't stand dating. Everyone seems so vapid, shallow, has no personality and wants a sugar daddy.

Well to be fair, i think most people have been fairly helpful or at least kept on topic

That's because most people are in fap/wwyd threads.

Oh yeah it sucks already. That was kinda my point. It was only exacerbated by the anxiety. Most girls dont appreciate you flaking on them because youre freaking the fuck out. Altho even fewer will appreciate if you stay and play out your freak out in front of them

Well, if you can't afford getting a blood test/physical from a doctor so you can actually see lab results showing that you have no symptoms of anything... then just start exercising and eating right (eating more whole foods and more fat/protein / less carbs/sugars.) Walk a mile or more a day, no need to run, but consistently do it daily. Keep busy doing a lot of shit since idle hands are the devil's workship as they say, and so you can always be fully tired at the end of the day and can knock out early and get a good chunk of sleep like 9 hours. It sounds an awful lot like you've just gotten into a habit of telling yourself it "COULD" be something serious, and all that Googling shit makes it worse cause they list all the worst case scenarios first. Quit Googling shit. Work towards getting health insurance so you could have at least one level of peace of mind.

Drugs will only mask the problem or ACTUALLY fuck shit up like liver and digestion/other organs or whatnot not to mention side effects. Fix it naturally, but it will take work and dedication. Your body needs to change chemically... body and mind are the same thing.

I understand that this is actually very coreect. You should be doing all these things because they will help. But the difficult part is actually doing them. And Idk if OP has depression as well. I did. And Its a lot harder to get into the mindset of doing those things when you dont have the energy or if any of those things cause you anxiety. I understand that drugs would be used as a crutch but i dont see why thats an issue. I already wrote the whole shit about how i couldnt do jack shit because of my issues. But now that ive started smoking ive managed to get a job, been going to school again. Much more social, ive started excercising and ive been talking to this girl for sometime and that might be going somewhere. So yeah all those natural things would help too. But I find that i needed a bit of help before i could get there.

OP it's 2017 no-one will ever love you, same for everyone else in this thread who isn't aware of this fact already

meant to say, get over it... bitterness helps

Thats such a boring "edgy" response man. Like im pretty sure most people herr already toil with their fear of their own mortality. It tends to be a big issue with anxiety. So thats not really anything shocking. or Whatever your intent was.

Weren't trying to be boring or edgy fella but I do have to admit perhaps I was trolling for a rebuttal... boring & edgy doesn't suffice for me though, fuck mortality... that's a sweet relief if all we have in this fucked up cruel world alone

Honestly i like to see it as a sortve positive nihilism. To quote Morty from Rick and Morty "Nobody exists on purpose, nobody fits in anywhere. Everybody is gonna die. Come watch tv."

Only people in this thread have only ever had the most fucked up thing's in life happen to them. That they wouldn't let happen to anybody else /b's & /pol's deepest shame

>Rick & Morty posters
>The current state of /b
>2117

Many people wins with their anxiety I will keep my fingers ,but go to psychological professional place

This might be completely useless and faggoty advice, especially coming from someone who's never dealt with anxiety or known anyone close to me with it, but I imagine getting into the habit of doing yoga might help. There's a reason why it's been around for millenia, Yoga helps your health holistically. Once the physical starts to sort itself out, the mind follows.

Yoga is very calming and relaxing it's good idea

Nano thread
The greatest threat, or our only hope? As I laid in bed staring at electron micrographs of virus the thought occupied my mind, that perhaps virus are the only thing preserving carbon life in the universe.
It is possible that this universe is a simulation by a higher form of life that is attempting to exterminate carbon life from it's own universe.
>We need immortality
>We need to colonize mars
>We need to terraform earth
>We need to mitigate seismic instability
>We need better nuclear facilities
>We need better grand designers
>We need better air quality control
>We need better understanding of our drugs
>We need better surveillance
>We need better dentistry
>We need better simulations
>We need better vocabulary
>We need better traitors
>We need better goals
>We need better self awareness
What causes your anxiety? A lack of education perhaps?

Syphilis is a bacterium not a virus. Most infectious disease are bacterium. Most lethal virus are provirus. Most difficult to contain are retroviruses.
But if this is a simulation intended to destroy carbon life the most important thing to do is secure carbon life by all means.
I don't know what technologies are worth pursuing but on the off chance this is not a simulation intended to design a way to eradicate carbon life, we should be researching the effect virus play in nature and weather it would be beneficial to destroy them or protect ourselves against them, and if so, then how to do so.
water and air cleaning technology is necessary.
If Radical Eugenics is the greatest threat to humanity than the industrial food production need to be monitored MOST carefully.
Also pharmaceuticals and education and industrial centers that can be repurposed to dispense poison gas.
>Or perhaps too much of the wrong education?

10/10, would catch many virus

Listen to this every day:

youtube.com/watch?v=of-TT_nBPN8

Listen to this each night before you go to bed:

youtube.com/watch?v=hvOgpzRJxJg

>Withdrawing from alcohol can kill you.
Abusing benzos and withdrawing from them can kill you. Withdrawing from booze only kills you if you have been abusing it for a long time. Benzos are far worse than booze, and they fuck up your brain long term and make you need them to not be anxious.

It's True I'm benzo slave

I must Have Valium or Alprazolam ,I don't like Clonazepanum

Privileged. You get one existence and you're spending it telling someone with anxiety to give up. Good job.

I must Have Valium or Alprazolam ,I don't like Clonazepanum

I'm only 19 years Old and I must do detox and slowly lower doses because this is shit like opiates

tbh im a clonazepam slave but i havent been on them in almost a year,

oh hai thread

i use 4g of niacin per day.

Congratulations you done some rehab from this slowly lower doses?

didnt read the whole thread but you can get thc oil cartridges and buy a pen (vaporizer) and it's really simply used

nope cold turkey tbh but to calm the sickness stay hydrated and also to calm seizures put cold rags on the back of your neck

Congratulations you done some rehab from this slowly lower doses?

Thanks I have too easy way to get benzos ,i must change Phone and maybe try your method, how do you feel after year sober?

I've had it for years myself with utter real physical manifestation's... sure should check my privilege... gotta love the chan's insatiable lust for calling people's whole life out on the basis of one god damn sentence

well since this thread just died imma hop on another board cuz my life sucks lmao

Step 1: Realise that some people have REAL fucking problems and that you're just being a fucking bitch

Step 2: There is no Step 2

theres state sponsored faculties that only charge based on your income and will even give you meds stay away from benzos best bet is get on a beta blocker there the shiny gold ticket of real panic disorders if your detoxing bad enough to go in to seizures go to a god damn hospital they will keep you alive and dont fucking pay the bill