Daughter 'now feels equal' with her fellow students

>"Because you're a girl" is not something I am prepared to say to my 6 year old daughter.

abc.net.au/news/2016-05-16/girls-uniform-policy-melbourne-school-backflip-equality-petition/7419062
change.org/p/victorian-department-of-education-uniform-gender-equality-in-schools-needs-to-be-legislated

Great, now about half of the school has to go out and buy shorts for their kids. When they already had uniforms.

>tfw we find out the mum is connected to a uniform shop

Never fail to raise a kek

Or maybe don't give your kids fetish fuel uniforms, but let them use normal clothes as in real countries.

>Melbourne
Is this meant to be a surprise? I'm surprised they haven't instituted more Orwellian ideals.

m8 of mine had a gr8 saying about good ol' Lelbourne
>Even the tram tracks aren't straight.

:) I went to catholic school most of my life. I loved seeing the girls in those uniforms, especially in high school because the girls would alter them to be shorter.

>the girls skirts were the only good thing about going to school

why not make crippling depression mandatory too

Hah, that's a good'n. Will be sure to use it.

I really don't see the issue with this. It's not 'all girls MUST wear pants,' it's 'girls can wear pants if they want to.' So long as it's still the school uniform, there's really nothing wrong with that.

And a teenage boy actively wants to wear a skirt to school?

POST MORE FUCKING SLUTS IN SCHOOL UNIFORMS SO I CAN MASTURBATE MY PENIS

high rise jeans look good bro

And get beat up for being faggots

Why are Catholics such fucking cucks? Why would they allow this?

Aside from the fact that all the grillz will now have to/want to wear shorts, which means their parents now have to go to a sanctioned uniform shop and pay good money to buy shorts - even tho their little princess already had the full uniform - most parents can probably afford it (private school) but there will be those who are struggling.
Like I suggested, I'll be entirely unsurprised if it turns out this woman has financial ties to whoever sells the school their uniforms.

Kinda hope it's a joke, kinda sad thinking that it probably isn't.

Gotcha fampai

MOOOORE

>most parents can probably afford it (private school)

People who go to Catholic schools are poor m8, otherwise they'd go to better independent/Anglican schools

Just flip the uniforms already senpai.

An entire school of boys in skirts.

This is my fetish.

Settle down Mohammad

Teacher here

Trust me girls will still wear the skirts in summer. They have a pretty legit complaint about having to wear skirts and leggings when it gets cold.

Most private schools have strict 'at the knee' skirt length dress codes anyway.

>Aside from the fact that all the grillz will now have to/want to wear shorts
Except that's not the case at all. Nowhere does it say they have to switch. All they've done is give the female students the option of wearing pants if they want. A small number of girls who really want to run around at recess will likely switch, and the remaining vast majority will just go on with their lives normally because they have neither reason nor desire to buy a second uniform.

Public school teacher here and on my kids school P&C
We left the uniform "open" as in grillz can wear dresses and tunics or shorts. Thankfully haven't had any boys wanting to wear dresses. Yet.

>A small number of girls who really want to run around at recess will likely switch,
I think you may underestimate that number. Also and I say this as a parent who buys uniforms - why just because of this one special snowflake should I *have* to go out and buy extra uniform for my kids when I already had all the uniforms they were supposed to have

This should have gone to the school board and if they had any sense they would've given it the flick.
This is what happens when principals cave in to pressure from parents.

>why just because of this one special snowflake should I *have* to go out and buy extra uniform for my kids when I already had all the uniforms they were supposed to have

Are you trolling or something? You don't. Nothing says that anyone has to buy a new uniform. It's completely 100% optional. I've pointed this out multiple times.

So if this happened at my kid's school, you don't imagine my kids (and all the others) would be saying
"I wanna wear shorts just like little Jemymaah"

It's the principle - if this had gone thru due process
>gets raised with school board
>put on agenda
>discussed
>hopefully thrown the fuck out

rather than some stronk wymmyn starting a change.org petition everytime she doesn't get her way.

>Are you trolling or something?
No, as I've tried to point out it's the lack of process and "I'm special so therefore I should get my own way" that's pissed me off.

I'm also highly skeptical (maybe a little paranoid, maybe not) that someone's making a profit out of this and it really wouldn't surprise me if this woman's in on it.
Uniform shops make a fucking tonne - I know I've had to give a lot of that to our local one over the years

>I wanna wear shorts just like little Jemymaah
Only dykes wear shorts lad.

Lel not mandatory? Girls will continue to wear the short ass skirts then.