Protagonists are criminal burglars who steal other people's belongings and ruin their lives because they think they...

>Protagonists are criminal burglars who steal other people's belongings and ruin their lives because they think they have it bad
>The heroine wants to get her little sister away from her abusive mother so instead of calling CPS she decided money is the way to go, and instead of earning it she decides to steal it
>Wants to movie to California since it's the promise land apparently
>All agree on robbing the life savings of a disabled, blind war veteran
>Beaner brings a fucking gun in to "defend himself" while he's breaking the law and terrorizing other people
>Blind old guy justifiably kills the son of a bitch
>Writers clearly get pissed at test audiences around here because they sympathize with the "killer" more than the "heroes"
>"Let's make him basically a rapist keeping the girl who manslaughtered his daughter in a dungeon to breed him a new child, that should do it"
Fucking Jews at Hollywood demonizing Veterans, demonizing home defense and glorifying petty crime to harm others if it makes your life a bit easier.
Sound design and cinematography were definitely good but the entire plot and characters ruined it.

Is this a sincere post?

Why?

I can't tell

We had a thread like this not that long ago

It's sincere, it's literally the film's plot after all.

Yeah but do you really think they were demonizing war veterans?

Do you really think they were demonizing self defense?

That was the strongest part of the movie (for me anwyay)... there was no clear person to "root" for. Obviously we sympathize with the lead girl and lead guy (the lead girl obviously had a terrible fucking life and didn't want her younger sister growing up in it), and the lead guy had enough of a conscience to not want to rob the guy in the first place/not want to carry a gun, etc.

Also did you really think they were glorifying the behavior of the corn row guy who brought the gun? He turned out to be a huge pussy and got his shit pushed in.

Maybe not to the Veteran bit, definitely to home defense.

I didn't like the lead girl at all, call CPS for fucks sake and don't break the law.
The lead guy was kinda a fucking cuck letting a Mexican fuck the girl he liked, but he wasn't as bad as the other two.

True but his death was mourned and treated like a tagedy by the other two criminals.

I don't think they were demonizing home defense. That's just me, though. The killing of the Mexican guy obviously freaked them the fuck out cuz it showed how out of their depth they were... but they honestly didn't cry much when he died. He was their "friend" though - so they're gonna be shaken no matter what. We also don't know what kind of background he came from. Obviously it turned out he was a bit of a pussy - but the lives of all three of the protags were pretty shit.

I "liked" the lead girl and could appreciate where she was coming from... CPS might help the sister but not herself. She wanted to get enough money to escape the fucking Detroit suburb and the toxic lifestyle there.

"If we do this right, we never have to do it again."

She wasn't glorifying theft - just using it as a means to an end. She wanted to stop doing it once she got enough to leave.

Also it's DEFINITELY not glorifying theft since the three of them got their shit stomped in by getting greedy and choosing to rob the Blind Man. Don't fuck with people you don't know shit about.

I didnt want to respond but here it goes

First, the heroine is a dumb uneducated cutie, its perfectly understandable that she would come up with a dumb fast way to solve her problem. Shes a cookie cut "pretty poor girl" living in a bad enviornment, so her stealing and her other stupid decisions made sense. Its also very stupid of you to complain about her decision making when its the whole plot of the movie. Like what, you wanted her to get a job at mcdonalds? Then you have no fucking movie.

Second of all, again, the whole premise is based on the blind vet having a girl captured in the basement. The locked doors, the alarms, the security in the house, the entire situation is happening because he has this woman locked in his basement. The spanish guy even says "we know what you have in here and thats what we came for", prompting the guy to actually go through with eliminating them. As for his "evilness" and being a veteran, 1. His war experience explains his hand to hand combat skills and how he, though blind, was able to overpower the hispanic guy, 2. His story about his daughter *does* make the audience sympathise for him, and 3. He didnt even rape them, he was doing it artificially and planning on letting them go. But the point is that hes clearly lost it, hes unhinged, and thats his story. In fact, they play the whole damn thing straight at the end when they show what happened in the news and the reporter sympathises with him.

So if you wanted to watch evil people doing evil things in a home invasion, watch the collector or the strangers. If you wanted a movie about a noble veteran in a compromising situation watch something like American Sniper or gran turino. But if you are seriously gonna complain that you just didnt like the premise, sorry buddy but thats some hardcore autism. Your entire post is basically "this movie triggered me, fuck the jews".

Your just so stupid i cant wrap my head around giving you a satisfying response. Literally autism

>he didn't even rape them
Uh yeah that's still rape dude

Delete yourself

>sticking a turkey baster into a woman's vagina is totally not rape
edgy

Every character was shallow as fuck man, I wouldn't read into it too much. It was a good movie but if you're trying to find meaning in the fucking characters you're looking in the wrong place.

It was also pretty clearly intentionally set in Detroit so that regular rules don't apply. CPS doesn't give a fuck about poverty in the slums of fucking Detroit and the police won't show up for a week for a fucking home invasion in the middle of that shithole.

>But if you are seriously gonna complain that you just didnt like the premise
Not OP but that's not even the premise, that's literally the twist.

>He didnt even rape them, he was doing it artificially and planning on letting them go.
No shit, it still counts as sexual assault though.

>Your entire post is basically "this movie triggered me, fuck the jews".
OP is an idiot but your post literally uses the same piss-poor excuse as if that's somehow what makes the movie work.

"Heeeheee you just got triggered by le raep". Fuck right off.

He didnt use his dick, he wasnt getting pleasure out of it. If "jew" wanted to protray this guy as a monster theyd have him raping this girl over and over for months. The fact that he uses the turkey baster means its not rape, its just fetished unwanted impregnation, also retribution for the child she killed. Can you see the difference or is that too complicated a concept for you to understand.

Even with the twist of the blind veteran being fucked up, I still don't see how you're supposed to sympathize with the main characters.

You're not, but it does turn the whole thing into a thinly-veiled slasher flick.

>its just fetished unwanted impregnation
Is this what you tell all the girls after you're done?

My waifu is blind, so I'm contractually obligated to root for the old guy.

>forcibly inserts a foreign object into a woman's giney against her will
That is like literally the definition of rape dude. Why the edge?

Well, I would root for blind Jason Bourne too.

>he was planning on letting them go

I don't think he was. He had that area under is floor ready to go and he had to know she'd go straight to the cops

>call CPS for fucks sake and don't break the law.
Yes, lose your sister to the shitbox that is foster care.

>CPS

Do you want her to get molested?

How about the other way around user ?
This movie is a moral lesson on "don't break into others ppl houses, especially in America, if you are not a cop with a warrant, no matter what your reasons are"