Hey Sup Forums, what is schizophrenia?

Hey Sup Forums, what is schizophrenia?

Other urls found in this thread:

nami.org/#
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its a life condition

But what does that mean?

Go to/x/ and you'll find out quick

Im fresh out of school, this summer ive been working with disabled disgusting people and also old people. One dude has got schizophrenia that we go to. He says hi like 15 times in a row. And when he goes to lock the door he checks to make sure its locked like 300 times. You can hear the lock clicking when you walk away. Weird dude, weird condition.

I dont think its necessarily a memory thing, its just some weird kind of repeating of things. Like thoughts ''loop'' in his head, and he repeats them and has a hard time to get out of the loop if you will. Then again, im not a medi-fag so dont listen to me. its just an observation.

Sounds more like an obsessive compulsive

It's autism, but like super autism

Well , the medifags at work tell me he has schizophrenia. You can have a conversation with someone who is obsessed with washing their hands 40 times over, you cant with this guy cus he just repeats what he is saying 20 times over. ''I drink coffee'' Okay how nice.. ''I drink coffee'' , ''I drink coffee, it makes me energized'', ''I like coffe, it makes me energized''

Nice dubs

My schizophrenic friend could potentially read this thread. If you're there, shit's about to get ugly for Mo. Sit back and enjoy dude

So we've established that that dude with schizophrenia is annoying, but what IS schizophrenia?

Not a medifag, like i told ya. Just sharing what ive observed. Besides, be more specific. Its a condition, they are fucked in the head somehow.

I wish this so called "Mo" would find my thread. I'd like a legitimate answer.

We'll yea. Retards are fucked in the head too. But what makes schizophrenics so schizo?

Idk, go to /Sci and ask you silly cunt. I guess thats the closest youre going to get on this fucking site for an answer.

Please don't make me go to another board. I'm not ready.

Well, there is mostly niggers like me around here. We dont know shit about medical conditions, so youre just gonna get bullshit from us faggots.

Mental illness

Theres something called Google. Use it.

actually /x/ is the majority schizo

My older brother has it. He'll most likely never get a job again and good l goes on these rants and shit and he gets violent if you disagree with the bullshit he says. Feel sorry for my mom because she puts up with it

If I wanted an explanation from the Jew run media I would have consulted buzzfeed or its affiliates

Is he medicated?

Essentially it's having a pattern of thoughts, emotions and sensory experiences which are substantially atypical. Either experiencing things which you shouldn't or not experiencing things you should. Just look it up

You are a moron

Yeah and he's somewhat normal while he's on them but still has issues. Problem is he will go through phases where he won't take his shit for a couple of days and thats when he starts shit with ppl.

That's a good answer. Thanks, user.

>you

Do you know why he sometimes doesn't takes his meds? Does he not like the side affects or something?

He thinks he's fought in every war you can think of. Name the war and he fought in it. Argue with him about it and he gets violent. He also thinks he's ows oil companies and the owners fucked him out of all the money. Argue with him about it and he gets confrontational and untimely violent. Not much of an issue if you just agree with him, he'll eventually get bored and change the subject. Thing I'm scared of is when he's in public. If someome talks to him he'll be friendly and he likes to ask ppl what they do for a living and of course they'll ask him and then he goes on his bullshit like I said. Oil companies blah blah. I'm afraid they will call bs on it (like any sane person would do) and he will end up getting violent

Thanks. I'm in a doctoral program for psychology. I should know at least a little about this stuff.

But he's right. They'll turn it into some social thing to use as a political platform. LGBTQS. Transreality.

Yeah he says he hates the way they make him feel so that's why he doesn't take them. Can't keep his food down. But he's absolutely horrible when he's off them for a few days. Like he belongs in a mental institution when he's off of them

It's pretty simple. All you need to know is that God is perfectly just.

You sound like a paranoid fuckwit

He sits in his room in complete darkness for a lot of the day. Sometimes he'll listen to music. Smokes a pack of cigs a day. He can smoke more but thats all my mom buys him.

That sounds really fucked. When was he diagnosed? Was he always like that or has this been a recent development?

how sad

Do you think she secretly wants him to die?

You sound like a brainwashed foot soldier for the bourgeois

How violent does he get? Just agitated like a normal symptom of heated argument? Or physical violence?

Are you certain he hasn't fought in every war? Maybe he was reincarnated, and maybe he does have beef with an oil company, from a past life.

He might just need help figuring it out.

triggered XD

How the fuck do you expect to summon the spirit of bob ross without a happy little tree? Fucking faggots I swear.

Happened when he was around 17. He was a normal kid until then. He's almost 30 now

And nah. She has an amazing heart and has adjusted to it. It's stressful but she still loves him and like I said, when he's taking his meds he's tolerable. He does chores around the house so I guess that helps

Yeah bud I'm certain. He was a normal person until all that shit happened to him

That's brutal, user. You don't live at home with your mom and brother do you?

Hallucinations and delusions that nothing is real. They believe stuff like nothing is real and they are in a stimulation for a science experiment or that people can read their minds or stuff similar to that

Nice try Mr. FBI

Paranoid schizophrenic here, it's very hard to distinguish between your thoughts and the real world

Can you believe it's not butter?

They got me on all kinds of mess but half of me still believes in all the same shit I used to, even though now I realize how delusional it ia

Now we're cookin with gas. How would you describe schizophrenia? Also, sweet digits.

It's shit man, I never know weather something really happened or if I imagined it, and it makes you think deep about a lot of things, and you think you've got all those things figured out when in reality you're just insane

How do you know you're insane?

Worst part about it though is that I can't get a medical weed perscription

Been diagnosed, for me the paranoia was triggered my actual events, I had some people very close to me try do me in, and I was high as shit when it happened, after that night I've just been fucked in the head for some reason, to be fair I was a bit fucked before that too, but not on the same level

What do you mean they won't let you have weed??

yeah lemme guess, you're also:
>a pathological liar
>bipolar
>have a small penis
>gay
>bi
>believe in scientology
>believe in flat earth
>french

Yeah man ever since the shit went down, everyone, the law included has been treating me like a child, I'm a grown ass man living like a 15 year old now

Tapping into the occultic realm with no mental focus so all the visions and voices come at once.

In the west Schizophrenia is often seen as "violent voices" "disturbing thoughts" "nasty personalities" "Dark visions of murder,violence,rape,chaos"

But in the lands of sub saharan Africa and of Asia. Schizophrenia symptoms are the opposite "Amusing voices" "helpful personalities" "pleasant thoughts" "insightful words" "Nice visions" etc

Says a lot about the Consumerist nature of the west. Schizophrenia differs based on environment, upbringing,spiritual belief(or lack of) and how its treated. You can find lots of studies on this subject online including 30 year long studies.

Yes

Have you read any writings on paranoid schizophrenia by RD Laing or Eric Berne? They have a much more favorable view on schizophrenia, similar to what is saying

get a life

No I haven't man, but for me it's pretty fuckin scary

quit your LARPing bullshit you dumb fucktard

reality

that's ocd retard not sciz

No you silly fucking retard. Medifags at work have confirmed, even says on the label of the medicine that i give him taht hes schizo. You fucking stupid ass nigger, go back to your stupid hamburgers

Nice try. Now lets get an answer from someone who isn't retarded.

Are they worried THC will exacerbate your paranoia or something?

Psy.D candidate here.
To picture schizophrenia think of a homeless person. That's literally it. Their social skills are there they just seem kind of shifted. Not like autism where social cues are just lost, schizophrenia makes one obsess over the subtext of conversation or anxious about someone's intent. Contrary to popular belief, auditory hallucinations are much much more common than visual hallucinations and for good reason. Brain imaging has shown us that the area of the brain responsible for hearing, not speaking is active when a subject reports 'hearing a voice in their head'. Let that sink in, for those who suffer from these hallucinations they are hearing what they hear in biologically the same way we hear real sounds, theirs just come from inside the house so to speak.
Hallucinations are called positive symptoms, the negative symptoms are what make these people homeless. Self care, bathing, keeping a job become impossible. A lack of drive and even long periods of cataplexy (muscle tone loss) occur. Some will spend days in a state of 'waxy flexibility' standing totally still in whatever position they are posed, just like a wax figure.
TL;DR Its a very sad and misunderstood condition, most of these people are very sick and very sad about it when they are lucid.
pic unrelated

don't reply to this dumbfucking ass

he's projecting on a specific person

>he's projecting on a specific person
Who?

Do you believe that categorizing it as an emotional and behavioral disability is appropriate? It's just seems like schizophrenia is so much more than that.

Not me. I haven't been able to get anyone to project onto me for months....

Literally the worst thing ever.
Dont have the courage to tell anyone since theyll think im some sort of nut job.
Scary as shit. Cant tell whats real and what isnt. When im in public, i blank iut and when i snap back into it i have no idea how i got there and if its a dream or not

To say it is an emotional and behavioral disability accurately describes how the disease presents itself but can give one the wrong idea about its cause. There are very strong genetic indicators for schizophrenia, twins almost always get it together and the closer you are to it by family the more likely you are to get it. Its not something you can behave yourself into getting is what i'm saying.
more of madi so you know its me.

me

there are some people who have been actively ruining my life for over a decade making up a shitload of false rumors about me, getting into contact with my family and ruining my personal relationships and constantly putting me into situations where i get constantly harassed and what not, first of all i've never been diagnosed with any sorts of mental illnesses, i don't even believe in flat earth nor have i ever been a believer of scientology and the whole ''small penis'' bullshit has been on going since my childhood

also, i'm not gay nor bi

look for
since i told that fucktard to get a life, he magically stopped posting

all of those fuckers who are doing this know damn well that i browse this board

Google +

>all sorts of mental illnesses
take your self diagnosis sob stories back to tumblr pls

>reading comprehension
can you even read, fucktard?

IT'S NOT EVEN TITANIUM WHITE
>REEEEEEEEEEE

Schizophrenia is a disabling disorder characterized by perceptual, emotional, and intellectual deficits; loss of contact with reality; and inability to function in life.

Top theories state that this may be due to an overproduction of Dopamine ( a neurotransmitter).

They either have positive or negative symptoms. Positive symptoms are the presence of different things like delusions, paranoia, or extra stimuli. Negative symptoms are the lack of things like emotion.

schizophrenic here

i don't know a whole lot of info about the illness itself, but i can tell you some of my experience

i would not wish psychosis on anyone, it is hell

i remember laying on the couch yelling "you're not real" and shaking while all sorts of voices and sounds taunted me

also checking outside my window every two seconds because i cant help it and feel like i need to

It can primary be classified as a thought disorder though emotions and behaviors are affected.

Get involved with Nami (National Alliance on Mental Illness). They offer Peer to Peer classes, Family to Family, and other support based classes.

nami.org/#

I feel you bro. That is scary stuff. During my psychosis it felt like I was separated from the world to battle the demons and I then had to reattach myself back to the word. Scary stuff man.

Hang on, lemme go ask myself.

Kek

This. The person suffering from this condition generally lives in a reality that is much different from the general accepted view of what is real.

Let us know what you find out

Samefag

Two reasons mainly.

1) Thinks he's better and doesn't need them

2) Side effects of typical antipsychotics can be terrible (tardive diskinesia)

Also possible that paranoia makes him believe the drugs are actually part of a mind control conspiracy, poison, etc