Lose superbowl

>lose superbowl
>Was not losing at anytime during the entire game
Fuck the refs, and fuck the rigged coin flip

The coin flip made the Falcons blow a 25-point lead?

>Pats literally did not lead until the last play of the game

my fucking sides

walk off touchdown in the Superbowl

the memes will live forever

bold prediction: they won't make it back next year

hello is this /bundes/?

>losing cause of bad play the entire game
>LOSING AFTER BLOWING A 25 POINT LEAD!
PANTHERS > FAILCUNTS
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Falcons may not have had more points in the final score, but because they led for the majority of the game, I think that's a much better way to represent who played better. #EndFinalScore #PopularMinutes

Your team became the fucking jets in the second half. Brady beat your defense and the pats defense rocked your offense. Maybe next year

That is not a bold prediction. This is a bold prediction: The Falcons don't get 10 wins next season and completely miss the playoffs.

Another bold prediction: Jets go 11-5 and make playoffs with shit offense but good defense

Sixburgh fan here. I'm sorry Falcons bro.

the patriots should be awarded for giving up a 25 point lead in the first place?

>coinflip meme
The last 4 drives by the Falcons ended in punt, punt, fumble, punt. What makes you so sure they'd score a TD right away?

The team going first in OT wind just 54% of the time. People have to stop acting like it's some insurmountable disadvantage.

they weren't rewarded

they only had a 50% chance of winning the flip which could have been 0% if the falcons remembered how to play football

At least you have something to blame the loss on now, aside from the abysmal collapse of your team.

A non-bold counterpart prediction: Pats still win the division with a 13-3 record at worst.

Eh most likely. Unless the jets draft a good QB this year or get peppers, it'll be unlikely they'll go anywhere

>giving up a 25 point lead

What are you talking about? The Pats never had a 25-point lead to give up. They never had a lead at all.

guys I'm genuinely confused, up until today I had the Idea that falcons had won, but now I see that the patriots did it, and by the coin of a flip, so what happened? pls respond (I obviously didn't saw the game)

Every football game begins with a coin toss to determine who starts with possession. The Falcons were winning 28-3. Then they choked away their lead, so the game ended in a tie, and it went to overtime.

Overtime is treated as essentially a new game, so there was another coin toss to determine who starts with possession. The Patriots still had to get 75 yards down field and score a touchdown. Anything less and the game would have continued.

>but now I see that the patriots did it, and by the coin of a flip

It's just a meme. They didn't win the game by a coin toss, they won by scoring.

>muh refs
>muh coin toss

laffing@urlife nigger

Based Terry. Look how happy he is for Brady.

I know you're memeing, but I'd like to point out that if you take away the utterly bizarre and uncharacteristic errors inside the 30 on two separate drives (the fumble and the pick 6) the Pats walk into the locker room at halftime with a 17-7 lead instead of a 21-3 deficit. I don't really think the Falcons outplayed the Pats for the first two thirds of the game to even close to the degree that the score would indicate. I'll stop shy of saying the Pats outplayed the Falcons throughout, but they just caught two bad breaks at the literal worst possible time.

led for 0:00 seconds

>have huge lead
>OC doesnt run the ball to run out the clock

wtf bros

>Just

Belichick literally did this against the Rams in '01, and Bills in '91 (Let them run, stop the pass) and its worked all three times.

The Rams weren't up 28-9 at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

>allow 31 straight points
>think the outcome would have been different had they started with the ball
loving every laugh

>When you btfo the Falcons so hard they ban you from Patriots

basically if the game ends in a tie they toss a coin to decide the winner. Pretty stupid but since the teams were exactly even it's the only fair way to do it. Pats won the coin toss so they won the game.

Anyone who brings up that they had to score a touch down is just being pedantic.

noone cares redditor

>unironically lurking reddit
Kill yourself

And the Falcons couldn't be bothered to notice what BB would do because >muh #1 offense....like the GSOT and K-Gun.

Totally ATL's fault.

Bullshit. If its a fg, ATL gets the ball to try to tie or win.

When former President George HW Bush flipped the coin at the start of the game, it rolled and bounced off a players shoe. By rule it should have been flipped again. Would this have mattered?

The game was hyped up as a battle of offenses. But it went into overtime, which in the NFL is sudden death, which in a battle of offenses is effectively game decided by coin toss.

Falcon fans have a point about being buttmad about it, but then again, a team that blows a 19 point lead in the 4th probably doesn't deserve to win anyway.

No team in the history of the playoffs had ever lost after having a lead like they did, just remember that your team didn't just choke, they choked in a historical fashion and are the biggest losers to grace the Superbowl.