I play Super Smash Bros: Project M competitively

I play Super Smash Bros: Project M competitively
Ask me anything

why the fuck dont you just play melee? same mechanics, but not a dead playerbase

is it the characters? because if so i can sort iof understand, but still.
is it really worth it? pms playerbase is literally nothing compared to melee or sm4sh

Because melee players are ignorant

I play both roughly the same amount but I like PM more

Anything huh? What's your tag?

sure, but im gonna need you to go more in depth than that.
pm literally isnt even a real game, its just a mo

why though? no shitposting, im genuinely curious.

In Melee I'm only good at playing 2 or maybe 3 of the characters (and half of them aren't even viable) but in PM I feel like I can do well with basically all of the cast, bar Olimar. Also it just looks nicer and there's more stage variety, easily customizable etc. Just lots of quality of life stuff that makes it more enjoyable for me to play personally.

what's it like playing a dead game with spergy 14 year olds?

Look bitch, melee players think that melee is the only that have to play and leave other games alone... That comes from a guy who plays a 50/50 of melee n pm. So shut ur fucking 1 way mouth

What is project M? what is different?

Fun
Not even kidding, I don't really care who I'm playing with as long as they're good and don't smell offensive.

why is your entire community a bunch of pissbabys

do you see the accessibility of the characters as a good or a bad thing?
personally, i think it is a bad sign for a games depth when people can "main" multiple characters with ease. whats your opinion on this?

heres your (You)

It's a mod for Brawl that rebalances characters and reimplements advanced mechanics from Melee like wavedashing, and adds back the characters that were removed from Melee (Roy and Mewtwo)
Essentially what Brawl should have been in the eyes of the Melee community.
TLDR it's Melee + Brawl รท 2
I would say it's probably because Nintendo's lawyers canned it before 4.0 finished development

Have you come to accept that Smash isn't a fighting game?

Yes

How does it feel when grown adults with real jobs regard you as little more than a potential child molester?

When was the last time you showered?

Melee players r a bunch of fucking raw pounding pussies

How much money do you make?

I don't really see it as good or bad, I just see it as something that happens. Personally I don't have a problem with it. I think the same thing affects other Smash games and it's not a huge deal to me. You can split your attention so to speak to main multiple characters with relative skill or devote all of it to one character to main them with great skill.
No.
You tell me
This morning
$10/hr

I'm a doctor, so people usually thank me for saving their lives.

What are your thoughts on Brawlout for the switch? It just got announced and its like Smash bros.

>artistic works of fiction etc etc only a fool would etc etc...
Haven't heard of it, I'll check it out and get back to you.

alright i can respect that opinion.
how do you feel about the lack of major tournament support? and how large do PM tournaments average at?

i did

Checked the trailer out, core gameplay looks pretty cool but aesthetically it looks weirdly unpolished which is really uncharacteristic of Nintendo. I'll check it out when it comes out though because Hyperlight Drifter Man is in it.
It's a little frustrating but I understand why it happens, Nintendo's lawyers are truly a force to be reckoned with and I get why large tournament organizers wouldn't want to fuck with them by broadcasting PM. The largest PM singles bracket I've seen in person though was like ~35 ish people or something, but that's also due in part to the fact that I don't live in an area with a very active Smash community.

Fuck Project M, the latest patch forever fucked Olimar's Recovery and made him useless.

Also just Play Smash 4- despite that fucking witch bitch being in it, its much better.

competitive play =/= you are good
are you on the PR this season? what region? tag?
main?

I play that too, I main Ike. Also what was Olimar's recovery like prior to 3.6? I never paid attention to him (also I still don't pay attention to him).

kudos to the loyal pm fans like you. id never fuck with a game that had no real tournament support
takes loyalty and love for the game. my next drink goes out to you bro

i only play melee but i like to watch/ keep up with sma4sh, and byo makes me want to kill my fucking self

how can you gimr put the last nail in the coffin a year ago

Not posting tag because it'd be weird for people in my region (New England) to say "hey user why are you on Sup Forums are you a pedo"
But no, I'm not PR'd this season because I haven't attended any tournaments in a while. Also I main Charizard.

Bait thread to attract meanies.
That being said. Who's the best character in project m.

Fox, but that's just because he's essentially exactly the same as he is in Melee but with a weirder voice. Other than that, Wolf, Meta Knight and Diddy.

What is the best Mario skin?

Mario Maker Mario

I don't remember, but now he has that shitty Rocket propel jetpack thing that is super slow and just plain shitty.

Bayo is the literal Definition of Tier whore.

God what the fuck was Sakurai thinking when he thought it was good idea to add that stupid cunt.

Eh that sounds a bit right. Played project m once ever a few years back. Seems like they left the melee characters untouched for the most part

In the earlier versions yeah, but once the updates started rolling in they made a good amount of changes. Zelda has some better moves, Ness's moveset is a little less completely dogshit useless, Samus now has a second moveset that she can switch to on the fly by pressing side-taunt, lots of fun stuff.
I think adding Bayo was super cool and I like her character / playstyle in concept, but in practice she's just way too good and outclasses basically everyone else. I want to see her remain in the game but she needs to get hit with some hard nerfs.

Do you feel the meta is stale?
I feel like most of the top tiers just use oppressive neutral tools into ez bake death combos

I haven't played much since 3.02 but we didn't have much figured out back them

zard mains? may as well be the equivalent of being a melee IC main. nothing but cheese.

I think it's pretty fresh overall, plenty of playstyle and character diversity. No matter where you go or what game you'll play you'll encounter that archetype of sweaty tryhard who does everything in his power to win because that's the only thing that matters to him (coughcough wobbling cough), but there's definitely enough love in the community I feel for there to be a meta that doesn't thrive on just doing what it takes to win, especially now that it's out of the spotlight for legal reasons.
Charizard doesn't have an inescapable infinite, he just has a good down-air. Not being caught offstage at a low angle is a lot easier than not being grabbed at all ever. I also main Ganon, just as a sidenote.

I just feel defensive options are very limited overall with how easy and rewarding aggressive options are.
I find a lot of the top tiers braindead in their punish game. Wario, MK, DK, G&W. They just look for 2-3 combos that are always garunteed and aren't really DI dependent. I feel like the creativity of combos in melee just isn't in PM just because it's garunteed and easy to preform

When it's not completely character dependant it's matchup dependant. Sometimes it is just "I hit him, now I follow up with this option and only this option ever because this option is the best option" but again, it is sometimes just an inevitability of fighting games. That being said, it also depends on the person you're playing with. If you're playing with someone who just wants to have fun (most of the cases I find myself in, even in bracket) I think it's safe to say that they won't intentionally try to pull shit like that, but if you're put up against the angry kid who's breathing heavy and sweating bullets, you might see a lot more DOWNTHROW FAIR DOWNTHROW FAIR DOWNTHROW FAIR. But still, it's not a problem totally exclusive to PM.

why are you so gay? Play something cool like tekken

why the fuck do you play any smash in the first place? Smash is for bitches. Now shut up stoners lemme fight this guy

hit me up on dolphin nigger, i'll destroy you

Melee master race reporting in.

Fuck you super smash bros wii was rhe best

i'm a SirFausto

I would but I don't have a Brawl ISO on my computer at present. Also it's 2:00 AM and I'm going to bed soon.
Post your Smashladder tag though and I'll friend you after this thread dies.
Out of all the gay fighting games to try to insult me with, you picked Tekken, the gayest fighting game. If you had said Street Fighter or Christ even Mortal Kombat, I might have been the slightest bit insulted, but you said
Tekken.

I remember being super fascinated by all the project m brawl + brawl - stuff when it first came out. Something about modding brawl that was awesome to me. Seeing project m not become just melee with brawl graphics makes me happy.

gimr go to sleep