Is basketball the most unnatural sport for the human body...

Is basketball the most unnatural sport for the human body? It's a non-contact sport yet players go down like flies with nasty ACL/MCL injuries all the time

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=d12YVBOrP00
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>most unnatural sport for the human body

What about the one where you strap metal blades to your feet and push yourself across ice, you dumb fuck.

Baseball

What about the one where you get a beach towel and fight a bull with it?

players go down with non contact acl/mcls even meniscus's in every sport mexico SR

Or strapping two blades of wood to your feet and jumping off a massive cliff

Where do you even found out you're good at that?

but that's not a sport

Or using a big pole to throw yourself above an horizontal pole situated 6 meters high, while having at some point your head facing the ground?

Why do you insult Mexican culture?

Humans are supposed to catch and throw with their hands, and run and jump with their legs. Basketball is pretty natural.

Id say soccer is the answer. Soccer puts an unnatural amount of stress on your leg joints because of all the awkward positions you need to place your feet at a moments notice, often in the middle of a full sprint.

In US college sports, injury rate goes football > wrestling > soccer > hockey > basketball > baseball > volleyball

Yes all that lateral movement in basketball fucking destroys your lower body. Also basketball is extremely dangerous in the sense that you are suspended in the air quite frequently, you're literally at the mercy at whatever dick head is in a bad mood that day, for example: m.youtube.com/watch?v=d12YVBOrP00

You're also playing on hardwood, at least in hockey if you fall you're just going to slide around, and you also get protective gear. If you fall in basketball it's gonna hurt badly, think when curry went flying against the grizzlies. All the other major sports you get to play on a soft field or clay so it's not nearly as bad on your joints and feet.

Also basketball requires you to constantly stop on a dime and switch directions. This wears you out and the basketball shoes make sure you stop on a dime, think of all your body weight just stopping instantly no sliding or nothing how it's intended.

So, yes, basketball is fucking brutal on your body and that's why you constantly see injuries in the nba.

Basketball and soccer are the most natural sports

>10 foot tall, 250 lb niggers jumping up and down
>fuck up their knees from stress

really gets the neurons firing

>football > wrestling > football > hockey > basketball > baseball > volleyball
football 2 times?

I'd just like to point out that despite volleyball is the last on this list, it's no joke either. My ex was a volleyball player and at the libero position, meaning she's the one that always has to dive. Well, throwing yourself onto a hard floor over and over can take it's toll. She injured her spine from a fall and had awful pains in her back for six months and will probably have some issues with her back for the rest of her life.

the only natural sports are sprinting and marathon.

deathmarch/marathon. Humans evolved to run down prey until they were exhausted.

I'd say baseball, almost every pitcher now has to have elbow surgery at some point in his career

bowling in cricket is notorious for shoulder issues

powerlifting will mess you up pretty badly as you're constantly attempting single rep PRs

ballet will destroy your feet

honestly elite level at any sport will ruin your body

its not the basketball that hurts, its being over 200 pounds 7 feet tall on knees and joints that cant take the wear and tear for long sustained periods.

is swimming at an elite level bad for you?

can't think of any harmful side effects but i've never been a competitive swimmer

>can't think of any harmful side effects but i've never been a competitive swimmer
Being a faggot

There are sports much worse than football for that. Tennis, for instance.

...I guess all that chlorine is bad for you, or uh, something?

probably one of the least harmful as the water is bearing your weight - in anything it's the joints that will be damaged

>bowling
>just shoulder issues
Back, knee and ankle issues are also very common, because the bowling action if done wrong can cause the spine to go into an S shape, which can cause stress fractures very easily. A recent study on international fast bowlers found their lower spines where the thickest out of an athletes studied due to having to adapt to the strain of bowling

how about doing flips on snowmobiles

I don't know about unnatural, but in Mixed Martial Arts at a professional level you can literally only do it like 2 to 3 times a year (maybe 4) assuming you don't get injured training