Help me Sup Forums

help me Sup Forums
my toilet won't stop making that noise unless I press on the blue piece, what the hell is wrong with it.

help?

"that noise"

Go to homedepot with that picture, show it to a clerk and say you need a new one.

okay thx

You need a new float, water is leaking past that valve making the noise. As user said, homedepot, tell them you need a float for a toilet. 5min fix.

The noise I'm assuming is water still coming in. It will come in until it reaches "the blue piece". Maybe it's just taking a long time to get there.

Find where the water comes in, clear out the nozzle. It should flow more freely and fill up faster.

Hire two Mexicans to hold down the the blue button.
12 hour shifts at -$1 per hour.

Ok. So. The floaty thing isnt floating high enough to stop the fill. There may be an adjustment to it that you can make so it will stop filling when it gets to that point. Im not familiar with just that pic..but thats the issue.

its called a toilet inlet valve.. theyre anout $10 from whereever the fuck off and buy one.
after u get it replace it after u turn the water off to the fucken stupid toilet.
also replace the flexi hose, its 1/2inch and buy one about 40cm.
all you need is a brain and a wrench you fucking shit for brains..

Drain the tank and replace your fill valve.

Get along to your local plumbing centre, ask them for a reacharound

best guess,

the black stick next to the blue cap will help with making the adjustments 30 second fix might help to wipe down the pole under the blue cap so the float slides easier

stage 4 cancer.

Not OP, that blue piece is the cover to the valve that the float controls. The float is connected to the black arm coming from just under the blue piece. The float is just above the water in OP's picture, as it should be. If the water went up to the blue piece there would be water all over the floor.

Just describing it, not being a dick, common household thing that will break on everyone at some point in their lives.

ty

First try to readjust your height with adjustment screw

Just pick up on that arm user, if you hear the noise stop, aka the water, then you can adjust it. If not, then the valve is shot. Replace.

You need a fucking "plug". That plastic thing that plugs the water has built up nasty shit on it and it needs to be replaced. The sound is the water refilling the commode because the water keeps leaking. Lowe's has these for like 10 bucks. Pretty ez to install. Just turn off the water... the little fucking knob on the wall to the bottom of your toilet, in order to work without being bothered by water.

Try turning the black screw connected to the float, it's most likely too loose. Making it tighter lowers the float and it sounds like the float is too high.

beat me too it. It's amazing someone on here actually knows something in real life.

>beat me to it
I'm using two hands