This is Tyler's worst album and is only getting praised because it's his least edgy and most accessible...

This is Tyler's worst album and is only getting praised because it's his least edgy and most accessible. The summer-orientated production and cover art already makes it feel dated, I can't imagine listening to this during any other season. He wanted to focus more on producing this time around and as a result the actual rapping is mostly boring filler. If he wanted to release an instrumental album he should've just released an instrumental album.

The best songs are Foreword (which shouldn't have been the opener), See You Again, Who Dat Boy, I Ain't Got Time!, 911/Mr. Lonely, and November. Everything else is garbage. Boredom is like a watered down version of FIND YOUR WINGS.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m_-1NGbsMBU
youtube.com/watch?v=i7zsG3XFUd8
youtube.com/watch?v=-6iRuav9DtE
mega.nz/#F!s51XgbjR!cTACDRSLQHJGK9HG65cOgQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>it's his least edgy and most accessible.

that makes it his best desu

>it's his least edgy and most accessible
is that a bad thing?

Cherry bomb is unironically better

It's praised because it's not filled with bullshit songs and shit production. While Bastard was solid, Goblin is a middle-school cringe fest, Wolf had 7 great tracks and the rest was garbage, Cherry Bomb had good tracks but shit production.

agreed^^

pretty nice performance of 911 @ colbert

Of course it isn't a bad thing, I've wanted Tyler to stop being edgy for years, but in comparison his edgy angsty music had more artistic merit. Flower Boy is just there.

>that makes it his best desu
It doesn't work like that. It's not his best just because he stopped using slurs and stopped describing violence.
Wolf and Cherry Bomb are interesting enough musically that the occasional "fag" and immature lyric could be ignored or put up with.

Cherry Bomb, like Yeezus, is a masterpiece that everybody wrote off because they only listened to it once.
It's Tyler's best album and if Flower Boy is any indication he won't be able to top it.

tyler is a meme rapper. frank ocean is where it's at.

when his approach to violent rap makes Eminem's Kim look like a masterpiece, yeah, I'd say it works like that

>While Bastard was solid, Goblin is a middle-school cringe fest
I admittedly skipped those two cause they seemed too edgy.
>Wolf had 7 great tracks and the rest was garbage
Wolf is mostly great, the only weak track is Trashwang and Tamale has an annoying sample. I enjoyed the album more after switching to this cover.
>Cherry Bomb had good tracks but shit production.
t. Someone who hasn't listened to Cherry Bomb.

Frank Ocean is boring as fuck and can't sing.

Exactly this (except I kind of liked Goblin sue me)

I was anticipating the performance all week. It was really good and I was suprised that he was actually interviewed before his performance.
>tyler grabbed Colberts ass when he walked on stage
>pic related

it sucked ass.

someone was a huge fan of Bastard and Goblin

>I enjoyed the album more after switching to this cover.
huh, i've actually held off on buying the vinyl because i don't really like that cover art

You're overexaggerating.

I didn't listen to Bastard or Goblin, Flower Boy just isn't good.

It fits the feeling of the album better.

>Enjoys an album more because of different album art

I listened to Cherry Bomb dozens of times and I like the album but the mastering is all over the place.

>The summer-orientated production and cover art already makes it feel dated, I can't imagine listening to this during any other season.
this is the most retarded thing I've ever read

he's right, you know

>Can't sing
nigga what

Frank Ocean imitates singing.

prove it.

nigga blonde is one of the more tolerable records of this century

if you have bad taste sure.

how emotionless does someone have to be to think poorly of Blonde

no i just have good taste.
see this for example youtube.com/watch?v=m_-1NGbsMBU

Chad detected.

>imitates singing
uhhh

yeah tyler, much like most rap music (except migos and dj khaled) sucks

whooda thunk it

I actually really like it.
>Boredom is like a watered down version of FIND YOUR WINGS
wtfff lol

post another song

>summer oriented production and cover art
???
>I can't imagine listening to this during any other season
Is this what autism looks like?

you have a taste of someone who has children

>t. Someone who hasn't listened to Cherry Bomb.
HOW THE FUCK IS THIS DEBATABLE
THE MIXING IS FUCKING TERRIBLE

everybody has children. think about it

uppity ass negro detected
rappity rap sucks old man

you blow my mind

oay here's sumting for u white folks then :)

oops wrong link whitey :)
youtube.com/watch?v=-6iRuav9DtE

how?

I honestly don't hear what the complaints are about. You mean the distortion tracks?

>tfw there are children with children right now

Oh, so NOW you fucks like Cherry Bomb.

no it sucks

read everything here, and then assume the opposite

i like this album

There's a difference between singing and imitating singing, Frank Ocean imitates singing.

His best song is Novacane. It's mostly rapping and the singing sounds more naturalistic than it does in his other music.

The production on the album sounds like summer.

just saying it is better

>the production on the album sounds like summer
So if the sky is grey outside, you won't listen to anything that sounds... summery? Is that true vice versa? If it's warm, you forbif yourself to listen to "winter" sounding music?

I'd this ritual dependant absolutely on the weather itself, or the season regardless of the weather outside?

Just how far down does the autism hole go?

I won't listen to something if it doesn't feel appropriate to the time and place. Cherry Bomb sounds like summer.

fuck not Cherry Bomb I meant to say Flower Boy

You're wasting your time trying to argue this here, this board was already calling it his best album ever even before Fantano went and gave it an 8. Hopefully after the album's a few months to a year old people will listen to it again and understand

When I heard the Cherry Bomb tracks live during the 2015 tour, it made me realize how poorly the album was mastered. It's just strange mastering that would be good for a Punk album, but not on an album like Cherry Bomb.

Example - Deathcamp is a great song but the vocal samples (the YEAH YEAH YEAHS that are distorted) sounds like a crack head and fuck up the track. There are all of these weird fucking additions to tracks (YOU FUCK THIS UP TYLER..FLAP THOSE WINGS) that are not needed and take away from the core songs that are actually really good. Cherry Bomb is what happens when you just keep adding effects to tracks and fuck them up.

t. brainlet

>shitty pedals
>shitty vocal effects
>RIP Pimp C from irrelevant rapper #6,000,000,000

hmmm I just don't know what went wrong

No one likes Cherry Bomb. Not even you. You say you like it to be contrarian.

not that guy but everything from 2seater on down is really good
i could do without most of the first half, but deathcamp and find your wings can stay

>overexaggerating

He will never surpass Wolf.

hey it's me, i'm fuckin right

forbif

It's the only album of his I've found remotely tolerable.

good production and actually thoughtful well written lyrics.

>

this.
Tyler grew up, OP needs to too. Shock/meme rap isn't interesting, wolf and goblin were fucking garbage
Wolf was atrocious.

previous albums just felt like him wanking early Eminem and trying to be as edgy as possible.

this album it's like he's actually found his voice and wants to be known as something other than a memish troll.

Cherry Bomb and most of Wolf aren't shock rap. And I'm not even just talking lyrically, the actual music on Flower Boy is garbage.

That's wrong. This is his first serious album, and that's a big part of what makes it his best.

love the album and agree it's his best but what does first serious album even mean
he pretty much dropped his edgelord image for wolf, if that's what you mean, but i think all of his albums have been serious and sincere efforts. i think he's just better at handling his emotions now, and it shows.

>calls an album tyler's worst
>hasn't listened to all of his small discography
nigga what the fuck are you doing
if you have nothing to compare it to just say it's bad, not his worst

Everything prior felt like a joke. Tongue in cheek

anyone got a link for it?
can only find the leaked version in the archive

here
mega.nz/#F!s51XgbjR!cTACDRSLQHJGK9HG65cOgQ
it's in FLAC btw

>summer oriented production
Please define this.

I completely agree with this but Frank is still a genius.

nice bait pal

>Frank is still a genius.
how

Just listen to the album, it sounds like summer.

I like cherry bomb, and legit think it's better than wolf

Can you fucking explain "imitates singing" some more. What do you mean?

>Can you fucking explain "imitates singing" some more.
I really can't, I'm not good at explaining things. Any singer should understand what I'm talking about, or comedian.

They do a lot of sketches on SNL that require singing but they can't actual sing well, they imitate a good singer so it sounds okay. Frank Ocean's entire career has been imitating singing, it's not real.

>melon gives the album a good review
>suddenly its tyler's worst album

simply epip

do you mean oversinging?

Do I? What's oversinging?

Shut the fuck up, I don't read or watch reviews, the album is garbage.

GO BACK

It's called "being contrarian "

>Sprechgesang is what you're thinking of

I get into these Tyler threads and it makes me angry, god help me

nailed it. he peaked on wolf

Nah. Maybe lyrics could've been a bit better but it's definitely a few steps ahead of Cherry Bomb.

Wolf is better though overall for sure IMO

Wolf > Flower Boy > Bastard > Cherry Bomb > Goblin

>I can't get Frank
>But as a man I do wish to drive a whip with candy paint
what did he mean by this?

I think its odd that you list 6/7 songs that you like, yet say this album is "dated" and you don't like it. imo, it is only second to wolf, and I love various parts of this album.

THIS. Wolf is better lyrically at times, and has some better tracks but this is close. Cherry Bomb third. Bastard is pretty good, not big on the quality though, and some edgy lyrics. Goblin has a few good tracks, mostly edgy angsty stuff I can't listen to though.

wolf has punchier lyrics and i do miss them, but flower boy is so nicely written and coherently themed

>says it's Tyler's worst album
>has probably not even actually listened to all of his albums

too obvious

>naturalistic
You sure don't know what that term means and only decided to use it in order to sound smarter than you actually are.