Anglo-Saxon society seems like it was much better for ordinary people than after the Norman conquest...

Anglo-Saxon society seems like it was much better for ordinary people than after the Norman conquest, when the bastard William stole all the land.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6KVO378tjsw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We'll never really know. People have a tendency to romanticise Anglo-Saxon England

>bastard William
The Conqueror

I see the hijab has long been an important part of British culture

He was a bastard, fucking hitler.

lol how can you have anger about something that happened at least 900 years before your birth. The Norman's were hugely important to shaping Britain.

His title is "The Conqueror" and bastard is a social construct

Fuck off cuck

He is a bastard, fuck him and fuck all French speakers. I am going to revive pure Anglo Saxon language.

>I am going to revive pure Anglo Saxon language.
>Not Proto-Germanic

Wew lad

The norman conquest of England is your true foundation, before that, you all were a bunch of barbarian tribes

Wrong England was unified as a single Kingdom before the William the Nazi ruined everything.

This guy is just like a retro-nationalist, wants to be racist in an obscure way. Reminds me of this
youtube.com/watch?v=6KVO378tjsw

the vikangz managed to make the anglos gather up into one kangdom under alfred the great like 200 years before william came

Absolutely barbarians

we taught the normans math and bathing and philosophy n shiet, normandy was basically in the stone age when rollo came

we wuz dukes n shiet

Do you plan to put back the Anglo-Saxon law too ?

"My son," said the Norman Baron, "I am dying, and you will be heir
To all the broad acres in England that William gave me for share
When he conquered the Saxon at Hastings, and a nice little handful it is.
But before you go over to rule it I want you to understand this:–

"The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite.
But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right.
When he stands like an ox in the furrow – with his sullen set eyes on your own,
And grumbles, 'This isn't fair dealing,' my son, leave the Saxon alone.

"You can horsewhip your Gascony archers, or torture your Picardy spears;
But don't try that game on the Saxon; you'll have the whole brood round your ears.
From the richest old Thane in the county to the poorest chained serf in the field,
They'll be at you and on you like hornets, and, if you are wise, you will yield.

"But first you must master their language, their dialect, proverbs and songs.
Don't trust any clerk to interpret when they come with the tale of their wrongs.
Let them know that you know what they're saying; let them feel that you know what to say.
Yes, even when you want to go hunting, hear 'em out if it takes you all day.

They'll drink every hour of the daylight and poach every hour of the dark.
It's the sport not the rabbits they're after (we've plenty of game in the park).
Don't hang them or cut off their fingers. That's wasteful as well as unkind,
For a hard-bitten, South-country poacher makes the best man- at-arms you can find.

"Appear with your wife and the children at their weddings and funerals and feasts.
Be polite but not friendly to Bishops; be good to all poor parish priests.
Say 'we,' 'us' and 'ours' when you're talking, instead of 'you fellows' and 'I.'
Don't ride over seeds; keep your temper; and never you tell 'em a lie!"

>spanish education

NORMAN SAW ON ENGLISH OAK
ON ENGLISH NECK A NORMAN YOKE
NORMAN SPOON TO ENGLISH DISH
AND ENGLAND RULED AS NORMANS WISH
BLITHE WORLD IN ENGLAND NEVER WILL BE MORE
TILL ENGLAND'S RID OF ALL THE FOUR

Actually a tenth of the population were slaves in anglo saxon england. The normans freed all of them

it's true

but then norman england conquered wales and ireland so they can hardly complain

It's false

England became civilized under the Normans, you were pretty much hut dwelling peasants before they civilize you and teach you how to build with stones

>muh stones
anglos used stones to make churches and smaller walls around towns to make the vikangz fuck off

Normans were literally Norwegians though. I have a Norman surname and took a paternal DNA test and it said my subclade originated in Norway

ehm, they got assimilated pretty fast. they were frogs at the time of william's conquest

>Normandy is 76% R1b
>my subclade originated in Norway

You're a minority and i fairly doubt that you have a Norman surname

ayo
iz you sayin
we wuz slavs n sheit

I am R1b actually and my surname is Norman for sure. When I went to the UK the tour guide made a big deal how historically important the surname was

Norman conquest is easily the best thing that ever happened to Brits. He invited tons of monks to teach mudhut-dwelling anglos how to read and write.

>I am R1b actually

Thus you're not Germanic but Celt

You should accept your Celtic ancestry instead of LARPing as a Nord

It's a specific subclade of R1b-u106 that originates from Norway, pretty sure the genetics company wouldnt make all that up.

>R1b-u106
Briton/Belgian sub-clade present in Britain even befrore the Nordic invasions

Well yeah there is british U106, Norwegian U106 even Polish U106, this subclade just happened to be Norwegian

What do you guys think of The Last Kingdom?

>tfw no qt wives like Uhtred gets