READ!!!

READ!!!

The marines have flamethrowers and fuel to last 900 octillion years, after that its handguns and boots.
The fight takes place on an infinite flat field, obviously not in this universe so no black holes and shit. The marines start in 1 group and the ants come from all directions (by foot) untill 1 team is 100% dead.
No death by hunger, dehydration, old age or disease but the marines still need sleep. No reproduction either.

Which team would win and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham's_number
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think you underestimate how huge Graham's number is.

The number of digits in the number of digits in the number of digits in the number of digits in Graham's number is in excess of the number of protons in the universe, and I'm probably short a few iterations.

A flamethrower could take out a few thousand ants each every second or so. That's roughly 10 to the 104th power killed every few seconds, assuming every marine is hitting with 100% accuracy.

Roughly 100 million seconds in a year (on this scale it's the same shit) so after 900 octillion years you've gone up to roughly 9 times 10 to the 35th seconds.

You'll kill roughly 9 times ten to the 139th power ants. The number of protons in the universe is estimated at roughly 10 to the 80th.

Hail Ants.

Soldiers, all they have to do is lay down and roll to squish the ants for near an eternity to come out, quiet literally, on top. Teams rolling in circles around sleeping marines ensure a sound strategy, it's just a matter of time.

Are you assuming the ants can't swarm over rolling marines? Are you assuming the marines have supplies to last ana eternity?

And you would rather roll all eternity than kill yourself right away? also you forgot they need sleep, also you forgot its hard to roll when there are tons of ants on top of you.

Ants have a maximum movement speed, they can't cal all World War Z on your ass.
Sleeping Marines would take shifts as other ones roll circles around them to keep the ants at bay.
You don't need supplies to roll around on the ground.

4K res bait here bois

i'll show you 4K res bait
█░░░█░█░█░█░░███░█░░███░░▀█▀░▀█░█░░░██
██░██░▀░█░█░▀███░█░▀███░▀▄█░▀░█░██░███
██░██░▄░█░█▄░███░█▄░███░▄▀█░▄░█░██░███
██░██░█░█░█░░███░█░░███░░▄█░█░█░██░█░█
██████████████████████████████████████
███████▀▀░░░▄███████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░▀▀▀
█████▀░░░░▄██████▀▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
███▀░░▄█▄████▀▀░░░▄▄▄█████████████████
███░░█████▀▀░░▄▄██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░
███▄░░░▀▀░░▄▄████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄▄▄▄██████▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████▄▄▄░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░
████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███████████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

When do the Ants and Soldiers have a orgy?

you can create your own scenario because in this one they only fight.

The marines don't need to stop after the flamethrowers run out. They can squish the ants.

In the end it's a boring existence to spend all your waking hours firing flamethrowers for 900 octillion years. I'd rather be dead. Perhaps the ants would win because the humans would get bored with life.

True, they can stomp the ants, but that's pretty damn inefficient and the ants have all the time in the world to swarm onto the marines, even if only one gets on the boot every few days. Handguns are even worse because they can't hit as many.

They just might win by driving the soldiers to suicide.

Now that you have come to the obvious conclusion let me fan the flames.
Do you understand how much time the marines in the middle have before they even see an ant? They have so many years to prepare they can do pretty much anything that is possible, so the question is what is possible with the materials available and would it be enough to win the battle?

Ants

this entire thread is just bait for people who don't know how big graham's number is

I looked up what Graham's number was when I first ever saw this thread (probably 6 months ago) and yes, it's so huge that the ants would win no matter what happened.

While a googolplex is a huge number, graham's number is so much bigger that a googolplex is irrelevant.

I think the bigger question is, why are US Marines fighting ants anyway. Can't we all just get along? Do US Marines walk through a field and get attacked by ants? No, the ants would just run around minding their own business.

This. You're effectively fighting an unending horde of ants.

Googol to the googol to the googolths power doesn't come close to Graham's number.

Stalemate:
>humans could eventually build infallible defenses against infinite ants, harvesting minerals within the bodies of the ants
>humans could never track down that many ants to kill
How about a nice game of chess?

i think this amount of ants would cover the earth to the point that the marines wouldnt be able to live

In the description it's on an infinite plane and the ants are around the marines. This wouldn't be an issue but surely the ants could still smother the marines.

Grahams number is tiny compared to TREE (3)

How about TREE (3) + 1?

and thats small compared to loaders number.

The marines wouldn't even be able to handle G1 without running out of few.

>The number of digits in the number of digits in the number of digits in the number of digits in

Did u just have a stroke

You're not short a few iterations dude. You're short a number of iterations so huge, that even its number can't be comprehended.

It's interesting you should mention this. In all those years (900 quintillion or whatever would result in pretty much 0% ant deaths), eventually two marines would fight, somebody would get shot, enough times for every marine in the middle to be dead.

People trying to get a grip on graham's number really need to get a grip on 3^^^^3. It's enormous. A googolplex is nothing to this number.

Definitely the ants:

"the number of digits in this digital representation of Graham's number would itself be a number so large that its digital representation cannot be represented in the observable universe. Nor even can the number of digits of that number. And so forth, for a number of times far exceeding the total number of particles in the observable universe. "
-en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham's_number

>One googol is presumed to be greater than the number of atoms in the observable universe
And that's a googol, not a googolplex. A googolplex of marines would have to inhabit a space that is, at bare minimum and with only basic math used, 7*10^27^100 times larger than the observable universe. A googolplex of marines is unfathomably big. Yes, a Graham's Number is unimaginably larger, but they would never overtake the marines. The marines would build defenses that no ants could ever penetrate in the infinite time provided, especially since they only need to build means to harvest the trace metals in the (effectively) infinite ants provided. Eventually they would have enough metal to build automated ant-killing defenses, and devote their time to (presumably) ridiculously large gay orgies.