I started smoking weed on Thursday 10th. I got high every day and it felt nice. I took 2-3 hits each time of a joint...

I started smoking weed on Thursday 10th. I got high every day and it felt nice. I took 2-3 hits each time of a joint. On Monday, I decided to try and finish a whole joint. Worst, most terrifying shit of my entire life by far. I decided to take just 1 hit today to ease my way back into it but instead I fell into the same "I'm gonna die" terror all over again. Just ONE! Wtf man...

Do you guys get those bad highs? Is there any hope of undoing the seemingly habitual panic?

You sure it was weed? I had that with spice. Its a panic attack. Makes you feel nervous and when jt fully hits you, you feel a deep terror and cant control yourself im guessing. Ive had those. Just dont smoke. I drink instead now. Other drugs are fine as long as you dont get really paranoid

Just smoking habitually to build a tolerance.

Cool it for a few days. It a called serotonin shock / syndrome. Look it up. And every time it happens your body becomes permanently less able to feel the positive effects of weed.

/someone else
I get REALLY paranoid when smoking weed, i can barely enjoy it.
I guess the effects vary between people.
Another thing i noticed is that i'm numb and think less for some days after smoking it.
Others i've discussed this with said they don't know what i'm talking about.

I definitely experience the after effects such as numbness. Normally depends on how much I do I look at is as kind of like a come down from it

You're probably a beginner the first couple times smoking weed 4 puffs and people say their on cloud fucking nine. If you want to finish a joint do it outside in a chair and make sure your comfy. Trust me

Lemme guess, you had one night where you were really high, got frightened by how much it affected you and now you're wanting to get high but afraid it might happen again.
That fear of an anxiety happening, is what is fucking you over. If you can get to a point where you can accept that it might happen and know how to deal with it if it does happen, you'll be far less likely to fear becoming fearful.
The fear of fear is what breeds fear, take this from someone with stress induced anxiety disorder.
You sound like someone who was already predisposed to anxiety before you began smoking weed, which changed your perspective and made you aware of the anxiety.
Look into mindfulness meditation and cognitive behavioral therapy if you wanna learn how to deal with your amygdala reacting to the world.

an anxiety attack happening*

newbie had a panic attack induced by an introverted mind trip. stop listening to shit music and stop being a shit person and you'll be fine

Sounds like you had a taste of the cosmic terror. I myself have been visited by this state on different occasions. It's a terrrible thing that will leave me marked for life, I think.

When i was hit with the cosmic terror, I my body was shaking, my mind was reeling, burning. I realized that life is a rollercoaster someone else put you in. There are only few safety mechanism onboard, but nothing that keeps you from jumping off the carriage into nothingness. Yet, you also know, that no matter what, the carriage itself will tage the plunge into oblivion, and there is nothing you can do to stop it.
It was a hard time for me.

Something changed in me. There is now a thinner veil between my "reality" and the more boundless reality outside the human sensory system.

It's though and you will feel like shit for a while. You will also come to face som 'echoes' of the cosmic terror, and you will have to be brave.

I urge you to try to understand you conditions more and look into shools of though that might help you cope a bit, and maybe even grow as a person. Epicurianism or stoicism might provide some comfort.

It might take years, but know that you will get better. Just remeber to hang out with your friends, call your dad and tell him you love him and to practise your hobby.

Godspeed user. I wish you well.

I will find you and cut your arms off so you can't fight back and cut your legs off so you can't run, my own fresh juicy fleshlight, i wanna see you bleed and scream...

I'm glad other people know how this feels. I was in a different REALM man. Not asleep, not awake, not on planet Earth, but technically physically on planet Earth, but just in another dimension. Like I was spinning around and getting dizzy in the next level of consciousness. I couldn't feel anything below my nipple line. My legs were just gone. I was burning hot at the back of my head, neck, shoulders, and upper back. So hot, my skin was prickling. My spirit was too big for my body, too big for this planet. Words didn't exist in that realm so idk how else to describe everything there.

I keep getting flashes where I can taste weed in my mouth now. Is that common/heard of? Like, I can taste the smoke on my tongue at random times when I'm totally sober.

Yeah it was weed. I'm done with smoking. I mean, to be in that terror after just 1 hit. Idk, my brain just flipped a switch and I can't enjoy it anymore.

Memories can trigger psychosomatic responses like the taste of something and vice versa.
It sounds like you got so high and anxious that you bought into the derealization.
A good thing to remember while high is that you are in an altered state of mind, things aren't necessarily as real as they feel.

Always have a lil of the ol magical Xanax on board for bad vibesss

I'll just add I meant Thursday the 3rd.

Ha! Good effort but I'm sober atm. That would've killed me.

Cannabis isn't for everyone. You could try microhits with a pipe and build yourself back up that way.

I enjoy marijuana much more when I smoke two or three hits from a small glass spoon bowl. Most people have a better result drinking a few beers compared to slamming a pint of liquor, to put things in perspective.

>called serotonin shock / syndrome
You don't get that from weed alone, it's just a panic attack. One of the effects of marijuana is anxiety and panic attacks

Better point to be made besides user's lame over reacting
>"I started smoking weed Thursday 10th" Tomorrow is the only "Thursday the 10th" since for months. So was user really THAT high or is this just making OP even more of a fag than thinking a joint would kill you?

I rationally knew it wouldn't kill me, and I kept telling myself that, but my body wouldn't listen. Also, you have obviously never experienced a panic attack.

Sounds like a high level disassociation, I got in a state like that of intense introspection and awareness when I did shrooms, took a few days to get over the initial shock of it all. Good experience looking back though. Shrooms will show you shit about yourself.