Does US really have a "prescription drug problem?"

In NYC, this has been front page for months now, and saw obongo talking about it, Trump, etc..

Now in NY state, all scripts, even for anti-biotics, have to be sent direct to pharmacies by computer(no more paper scripts, at all, unless you go to a VA on fed property).

I take fucking xanax for muh anxiety (I know, fuck you), have been taking since I was 12. My dr. now, who I've know my entire life, is now telling me he "just can't write it anymore."

Why did this latest generation of fuckheads have to ruin everything?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9kZOL7wQjfc&feature=youtu.be&t=206
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are people getting fucked like this all over the US? And I don't mean for shit like diludiad or fentanyl, fucking xanax.

Insane. Fucking nanny state. Need out of this country.

Why dont you order it through the mail. If you dont know anywhere to buy it from go to a 3 world country and buy it through a doctor. Then send it in the mail. Pills go undetected and they dont check more than 1 per cent.
UPS deliver drugs to me weekly. I just dont bother going through a doctor

It's not that easy here mate, esp since 9/11, they fucking scan everything and good luck finding an honest gook or chink to deal in schedule 2 stuff in the US, which xanax now is.

Same rating as cocaine. I really do need to move to swtizerland.

I probably will end up o Tor doing that eventually bc have a hard enough time functioning, now they want to pull this away from too? Might as well be in prison.

so they're painting this as a new bubonic plague, but yet I'm the only one here who has even heard of this?

So why are the mayor and president talking about it?

you know you can't stop that shit cold turkey right?

pills like xanax, klonopin, valium, etc can kill you if you stop them cold turkey

I know, going to end up dead of a fucking seizure. You can't imagine level of paranoia here now, doctor for my entire life is afraid of a FED raid over bullshit.

Prince died from an OD of opiates, a shitload of people in the US are addicted to pain killers

Some people take xanax only to get high, that's why all this shit is controlled

We still have paper scripts in Canada, but they really check the amount of pills you take

so either they write anti-depressants because someone feels "unhappy" and they weren't really able to console them, or they refuse to write a prescription? are there quotas for sending the electronic scripts?

One dumb nigger in minnesota. it's always been a "controlled substance," not like you buy it over the counter, it's regulated.

Now it's gotten to be insane here.

I understand dude, I'm in a similar situation because my doctor retired and since the healthcare is so shitty in Canada I don't get a reference for another doctor, I'm on a 1 year waiting list

I saw it coming so I have a 2 year stock

order from a good source on the internet and you should be ok

Not sure about the quotas. This has been sort of building for a while. Xanax is more anxiety than anti-depressant.

But when you've been taking for 12 years, have no idea how to handle this, bring cut off suddenly bc every doctor in the state is afraid now.

yeah, that's ridiculous. Unfortunately it often seems to be this way, either no control whatsoever or severe limitations...

yeah, they are pushing ADs, the main reason is that they are more expensive and you can't get high off them

going to be looking, that's for sure. This one dumb jig-- who the rumors are actually died of AIDs-- has started an avalanche from White House on down.

just get them from a trusted source, reddit has a board with reviews from people who buy in the deep web

surprisingly a lot of them are actually OK

I literally can't afford ADs at this point since I lost my coverage under Obongocare and anti-depressants are $400-$600 a month for some of them or more.

fuck it. I just thought I was hearing things when went to Dr. and he said "no more paper scripts." Checked my iphone, and it is for all doctors all over state.

Even when you go to a doctor now, if he sends to pharamcy and they don't have the thing or number you need, you're fucked. NYs is only state to pull this shit.

with everything going on in this state, THIS is what they pull...

thanks, will check, though have never been near reddit before, but this is...the fuckers can literally kill me on this one.

>talk to p.doc about getting something to help anxiety and sleep problems from ptsd
>on benzos, doctor switches me to quetiapine, gain a fuck ton of weight, worried about diabetes because of this shit
>"uh you know doc, i've seen you guys prescribe cannabis for mental illness before, i have experience that this would help me the same as quetiapine and it maybe i wouldn't have to cut my calories down to 1k just to avoid gaining weight"
>realize i'm talking to a boomer
>...

How about you stop riding the psychiatric drug carousel? This cunt has had you in his throes since you were 12, for fuck's sake.

And if he hasn't offered you a tapering schedule after such prolonged use, I'm saying something's amiss. You're either bullshit or he's incompetent.

My prescriptions are a 3 week process.

First, I have to see my doctor every 6 months, which requires getting an appointment a month ahead. His hours are only 8:30-4:00 Monday and Wednesday, which is hard when I work 7:30-6:00.

When he writes the prescription, I can't take it to the pharmacy, I have to mail it in, which takes 2 weeks to process, at which the pharmacy holds on to it, then calls me so I can pay for it, then ships it back to me. My pharmacy has routinely failed to call me so I can pay for it.

If I want to refill my prescription, I HAVE to call between 8:30-4:00 and leave a voicemail, which is difficult in an open floor plan office. If I don't call between those hours, I can't record a voicemail and phone system hangs up. It's only until the next Monday or Wednesday when my prescription is approved, and... You guessed it... I have to pick it up physically between 8:30-4:00. My doctor's office is 25 minutes away from my work.

Repeat every 90 days. I've been doing this since 2010.

Just buy etizolam, it's not even scheduled in most states. If it is, there's literally hundreds of other RC benzos.

How high is your current dosage? I'd imagine you have an insane tolerance if you're taking benzos since your puberty. Prescribing benzos to 12 year olds is crazy in general.

uh-oh, welcome to norway
>be on shitrock
>get sick
>be man
>don't get as much as an asperine or any actual medical attention to fix you
they want you sick here to earn shekels

don't get sick here is what I'm saying, you might end up loosing a foot, like that austrian ski athlete due to 3rd world tier health care.
>now run your memes, norway free health care, such utopia.. just need to wait 3 year for operation like in soviet union... running empty on meds like in africa... doctors prolly better in africa too

Most antidepressants are garbage anyways, especially SSRIs, and they don't do shit for anxiety unless your anxiety is so mild it can be taken away by the placebo effect.

it is habit forming, and good for recreational use, maybe think about rehab?

>don't get sick here is what I'm saying, you might end up loosing a foot, like that austrian ski athlete due to 3rd world tier health care.
>>now run your memes, norway free health care, such utopia.. just need to wait 3 year for operation like in soviet union... running empty on meds like in africa... doctors prolly better in africa too
you've just described the "free" Canadian healthcare system......

FUCK YES WE DO, but that is our future...

Better living thru chemistry and technology.

If we were a technological/pharmaceticul society we could eliminate undesirable traits/behaviors,races.

dont fear the evolution... visit your pcp/md

Nothing new except maybe it finally hit the tipping point in NYC. The prescription epidemic was hitting a high point in Florida 6 years ago. Pain killers were the main issue and doctors were making fake prescriptions to drug dealers/addicts.

>I have to see my doctor every 6 months, which requires getting an appointment a month ahead.

Here you will need to go each month (so the doctor get shekels) and it varies how long it takes to get an app. If you are in that once a month, meaning you are given any kind of meds, it's set up as you go out.

The meeting lasts 10 minutes and the "doctor", doesn't really do shit other than type with 1 finger on her/his computer for the whole session.

Again, never get sick here. If you do ie on a holiday, have good insurance and get home to real doctors ASAP. Germany is actually a good option if time is of importance, they ofc are very competent and take their work seriously.
Germans ofc, perfectionists...

I was going to say, sounds like the Canadian health care system that I grew up with. The doctors there also pushed quetiapine on me for fucking everything. They wanted to take out my mother's uterus for one fibroid. THEY TOOK SEVERAL MONTHS TO FIGURE OUT MY DAD HAD A HEART ATTACK.

Finnish health care is at least prompt and thorough. Doctors aren't assholes here either.

At one point, iwas taking 12 mgs a day, which yes, is high for xanax but my tolerance is insane.

They moved me down to 120 a month,which is..8mg a day. I'm going to need to investigate RC. Weird thing about benzos is that they don't all...in EU, they can't write for over 3mg of xanax a day, so when I was overseas, had to try a different grouping bc was in a nation where they open all mail from outside EU.

I hate having to run around like a degenerate for something that as impact of a tic-tac on me and just keeps me from having tremors and lets me function.

yeah mate, rehab will stop my tremors I've had since 8 and the anxiety where I'd pass out from panic attacks, when after I got on it I was able to get through uni and professional school just fine.

>you've just described the "free" Canadian healthcare system......

Kek I know, I have some leafs. You guys at least don't have to travel that far to get real health care. Get an american insurance if something happens, so you get fixed up, and don't end up loosing your job, then home then family.. due to shitty healthcare that could have fixed you together in a woop and sent you back to work, thus keeping all your shit and actually get fixed.

>also we go to germany and hungary to fix our teeth
Teeth of population has not been this bad since 1945.....

>have to see my doctor every 6 months
would love to be in your state. Trying doing it each month. And his office had become a fucking zoo bc he was one of last doctors in area who refused to literally cut off people who needed basic shit.

He's a GP, not a shrink. Shrinks are real fucking thieves. One time I wished I weren't White I speak semi-decent spanish, and these fucking spics in Queens will write you for coaine if you pay them enough, they don't care.

there is literally tons of meds for anx other than xanax, many that would give you just as good a quality of life

your doc should have explained this

>The prescription epidemic was hitting a high point in Florida 6 years ago
That was different friend. There were literally cuban doctors mailing painpills all over the US after a phone call.

This is a doctor seeing you, who has all your records, there's no great mystery and it's not a pill mill where dcotor and pharm are same company.

I'm legit scared these fuckers are going to kill me. You can't come off booze, benzos, or phenobarb cold (tried phenobard for my tremors, what a fucking miserable drug, makes you feel like a lump of shit and once you start taking it, you have a seizure if you try stopping it).

>all scripts, even for anti-biotics, have to be sent direct to pharmacies by computer

Describe, in detail, exactly what's wrong with this?

It sounds like you're butthurt about not being able to illegally acquire pills for the pillhead market.

>shrink
dat's neither a real profession nor "science"
jewish scam
doesn't work on most of us, a bit like the potato niggers. I was sent to one, he moved back to iceland after two sessions with me. I am not kidding

I double majored in pharmacology. I understand it pretty well. HAd I done med school instead of law, could just be writing my own gear.

will never forget my first 400 level class with the one of the heads of Mass General on psycho-pharm and anti-depressants/anti-anxiety: "well, we're really just shooting in the dark, it's more art than science..."

Dude wtf i get 45 1 mg every 2 months you have an INSANE tolerance! What color are your pills?

Quetiapine is the most prescribed anti psychotic down here. Some people are getting it just cause they're depressed.

It's a fucking heavy drug too. Knocked me out for a week when I started it. Full zombie state, felt completely numb. Fuck that.

>Describe, in detail, exactly what's wrong with this?
If the phamracy does NOT HAVE what you need, or if it's controlled, the exact number you need, you cannot do a partial refill.

You have to return to doctor, see him again, and have them call in a new script. In addition, their policy prevents then from telling even the doctor's office if they have or don't have any "controlled" meds, so you have to go and see, find out you're fucked, and then go back and keep doing this.

Enough detail for you, you fucking asshole?

I take the 2 mg, though the make 3mg triangles, never had them. Either the white circles scored into quads from CVs or walgreens or the "sticks" if big pharms are out and go to a smaller pharmacy.

The round CVS are actually better and supposedly have no street value bc people won't buy them if not a "stick."

What other meds? Benzos are the most effective. Although something longer acting like valium would have been better.

If you rely on this kind of shit to survive just kill yourself.

why not neurontine or even better pregabaline?

Government will ensure medications are wildly more expensive and that you have less access to them, that is certain.

They will also determine if you reallllly reallllly need them or not.

What shit doctor prescribes phenobarbitals in this day and age? Jesus. Did you try out beta blockers for your tremor?

Also... this is very tragic....

If you actually needs meds like benzos, valium,rivo,xanax... The best way to get it here is to just go to Oslo S and grab some random junkies and ask. For some shekels they will fix you up, take you 5 minutes from exiting central.

>No paper trace
>Gov can't use med shit against you at a later point in your life (which they love to do)
You can't trust the doctor nor gov here

>Also pipe open national medical system
>outdated f5 load balancer that can be rooted last time I checked
>weak sertificate on vpn that can be raped
++++

nice to know your medical records are open for everyone with the slightest metasploit and some basic hacking skills.

>Yet they brag about security... when it's non existent...

>depressed
i can't do it anymore, it feels exactly like weed burn out but it lasts for hours and hours
i figured i may as well just start using cannabis but fuck no, that shit makes you lazy and unmotivated
OH YEAH WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THAT QUETIAPINE IS DOING TO ME RIGHT NOW

no i haven't taken it today

Xanax is not schedule II

Yes, and then it leads into heroin use.
Quite a few friends of mine have fallen for this shit and it tears me up inside.

>Xanax for anxiety since the age of 12

Kek, what the fuck was your doctor thinking? Unless you tried everything and somehow Xanax worked like a miracle while nothing else did.

I wish all of you Xanax junkies would be lined up and shot. You're only barely better as customers than shoplifters.

t. pharmacy major

You're mixing up psychologists with psychiatrists, psychiatrists went to med school and are medical doctors (M.D.) like your pediatrician, dermatologist etc. Psychologists don't need a degree to work their job and they also can't prescribe you pills or write you a sick leave.

on the plus side, quetiapine can be used to stop a serious hangover and also it got me off benzos with literally zero withdrawals

i can't imagine anyone taking it for depression though, but the way doctors are pushing it i don't doubt that's the case

Anyone take venlafaxine I want to switch to it currently on 80 mg day of lexapro

>QUETIAPINE
omg.. I was actually given that shit
that makes you into a zombie.
They like to give it for everything, I got it for insomnia... Yeah sure nice to sleep.. waking up drooling in the morning and dat feeling

>straight in the litter can

don't smoke all day, dat can actualy make you down and tired. Do it just before you sleep. It's all a matter of routines. Don't shitpost all day, stay active and esp start to WORKOUT. yes dat helps a lot

throw that zombie pill away, you can't function on medication such as that

xanax is schedule 4, it's just the NY has the hardest drug laws of all the states

Don't want to be a dick dude, but taking xanax from that time probably fucked you up more in the long term.
I know my xanax from 14-20 fucked me up way more than my anxiety did.
After about a year off of that, everything was just smooth sailing.

bupropione or nothing.

don't take it unless you can deal with the withdrawals
it's like having a really bad flu, the kind that makes your brain glitch out at everything

Yes, I, a complete Internet stranger, recommend it
;-)

benzo withdrawal is worse than opioid and can result in death

yes, because idiots think the need a lifetime prescription for drugs.. Way to suck that jew cock.

>Xanax is not schedule II
It is in NYS. I remmember when they moved up Vicodin and xanax to a schedule 2, at least in NYC.
It could be they moved Vicdon to 2 and xanax to 3 from 4, I'd have to check, haven't studied psychopharm in detail for years.

Regardless, they damn sure treat it like a 2 here in NYS.

you can blame single mothers fucking up their kids for that

the state of parenting right now is "give him some xanax and sit him in front of minecraft and you'll never have to deal with him again"

It' was surprisingly effective for me. Pretty straight forward to switch.

Worst withdrawals I've ever experienced.

Mass general? Oh fugg m8 did you go to Harvard?

god I hope to fuck you have a kid with a bad, bad anxiety disorder where he can't even function normally at a young age and you have to go through this shit with him/her.

>Full Zombie state

Anti-psychotics are pure poison, got a cousin who is on them, he's literally a different person now. Then again, he had violent psychotic breaks (going crazy in public, vandalizing and assaulting people) and was a danger to himself and others and anti-psychotics is pretty much the only shit we have to deal with this kind of behaviour. The gig is well fucked for him.

it's bad, but is that correct?
You can die of alchol withdrawal and opiod too

Benzos you will go crazy, get hallucinations and might end up tied down to a bed in the hospital not knowing how you got there. Psychosis. It takes years to fully recover.

I managed to pull this shit when young, didn't know just cut out pills cold turkey as I felt weird, instead of stepping down gradually. That landed me in the hospital for like two weeks or so

Benzos are dangerous shit, be careful with it

No, one of the liberal arts t-5s in western mass, he'd come out 2x a week.
Mass General isn't associated with Harvard, the Deacon is.

Turn his ass loose on Islam. He'll be a national hero!

>he had violent psychotic breaks (going crazy in public, vandalizing and assaulting people)

He should become a bersherk, take him of his meds and let him loose on the rapefugees hans

im 49 and both my kids are fine. they've never needed drugs to cope with life.

I used to have major anxiety. But I never got treated, because I thought it was just a meme disease.

Anyways, I started becoming a social butterfly in college and now ok and anxiety is mostly gone. I feel like prescriptions for mental issues that you had as a preteen are the equivalent of handouts that only make you feel like something is so wrong with you that it can't be fixed.
I say this as a person who had a roommate with depression, anorexia and apparently OCD. It always felt like she took comfort in knowing she was a mental mess and enjoyed the drama of the influence it had on others around her while being a psychology student

>Benzos are dangerous shit, be careful with it
I know that friend, that's why I'm noided as shit about it.

And these cocksuckers have firghtened doctors so much they are willing to let either die or go to the ER and wade through mexicans 2 feet deep to get, at most, a shot of ativan and a 3 day script and the problem goes on.

>im 49
You are 49 and on 4 chan. and YOu are trying to sham esomeone for being on xanax?

Nigger, please...

even if France became Niggerland, at least our social protection and drug delivery system works perfectly fine, be addicted to benzos/pain killer is almost free in France, hell it's even a public policy : we are the first country in term of use of benzos/AD/PK
> ouch my back hurt
> wazzup doc'? gimme some stuff my drug dealer is rising his price and my back hurt
>sure bro, take 2mg of valium and 200mg pill of tramadol thrice a day, for free, and forever plz :DDDDD a lab will pay me a yatch while the state will pay you the drug :DDD

10 years

That's how long I was on pills for anxiety.

FUCK THAT!!!

I feel like I've lost a good portion of my life. 23-33. I was so numbed up to the world that I didn't do anything to improve myself. I worked a shitty job and went to school once a week. The same routine for 10 years.

The worst part

It was all prescribed by a doc who rarely encouraged me to get off of it.

I'm all for meds for anxiety and depression, but doctors need to start prescribing them for short term use. Just something to get you back on your feet.

Like all SSRI, it did fuck all for me and withdrawls were shitty. From personal experience I'd advice anyone to skip SSRI/SNRI/Tricyclics. On Agomelatin myself now for two years, no side effects at all, greatly imrpoved my sleep which leads to better overall mood. Got energy for everything, getting /fit/ like a motherfucker, no sexual impairment like with any other anti-depressant and no fucking weight gain. I'm pretty happy with it.

One of the most recent breaks (he skipped taking his medication) involved him kicking a BMW full of shitskins and shouting racial epitaphs because their music was too loud, luckily people around immediatly noticed something was wrong with him and called the police, else those muzzies would've pushed his shit in.

Is there a subby you can be proscribed?
But i do agree

But the people who take things like xanax properly and it actually works for don't make themselves into drama queens or advertise it.

They take it, it lets them function, and that's it. I was on the first prozac trials in the USA at the age of 7. I'm not proud of it, but have a hard time believing I was "looking for attention" at 8 and that I would have ended up at a shrink at 8 if my anxiety wasn't very obvious.

And yes, you can say I'm weak, mentally defective, etc.. but I take my meds, go to professional school (on academic scholarship for a White guy, 97th percentile on LSAT) and don't make my issues into other people's issues.

Even pay cash for my doctor's appointments and pills. I'm a productive person. Why do the Jews have to destroy my life?

you guys have so many weird meds I don't even know what is heh.

Several e*ropean countries have lax laws on medications btw. I know people who have moved to portugal and spain due to this. Some people actually fly to austria to get medical attention there, then return home with subscriptions and meds, as these doctors are not playing priests or politicians, they are doctors and top notch ones.

Tragic...
>Police call sick people going to ie spain to get their medication, "narcotics" travelers....
and that's not just meds like benzos and so, but all kinds

I really hate my entire gov from top to bottom
youtube.com/watch?v=9kZOL7wQjfc&feature=youtu.be&t=206

BTW: look how speeded that goyim is.
About to workout, dat nazi shit is really testo and works like fuck as motivation, I don't think you even need to know german for it to work

Yeah but mate, EU is shit as far as dosage. Did my Jr. year aborad in Europe, didn't realize issues I'd have-- can only write for 3mgs per day of xanax a day max.

Finally, through my school was able to use the Us embassy doctor and a pharmacy used to "bending rules" for americans.

as someone who has friends who doctor shop

yes

it's an industry

i was online before you where born. Now go take a pill before you panic fag.

France is meant to give good med laws and care, at least in some places.

the med students have a joke "why did the Germans build the autobahn?"
"so they can get to France faster to see a decent doctor."

don't really get it but doctors who go to conferences and such seem to find it funny.

>It was all prescribed by a doc who rarely encouraged me to get off of it.

>I'm all for meds for anxiety and depression, but doctors need to start prescribing them for short term use. Just something to get you back on your feet.

Absolutely this, almost every leaflet in the pill packages even explicitly state that they're not meant for long term use but most people I know that are on prescription drugs, myself included, are on them for years, if not decades. A similar problem is prescribing neuroactive chemicals to kids and juveniles, I don't even want to know the long term damage SSRI and the like do to a still developing brain.

of course it is.. keep the sheep drugged and collect their money.
then they all stand around bitching about the 1%.. keep taking their drugs.. lol

That's soon to my ass, driving cross country to "Dr. Shop" before internship begins to get my fucking xanax.

>I know fuck you

If you know, then why even ask the question? Your doctor have been prescribing you medicine you shouldn't need for years and now he can't anymore.

And you are proud of this? You're an old loser who has failed at life.
At least I'm 24, about to start 3rd year of professional school and have a chance. You life is already fucking over, and you're sitting here attacking me bc I take a pill to deal with anxiety.

>If you know, then why even ask the question
You Swedes need to go back to cuck shed. The "I know, fuck you" was my version of "in b4 taking any pill is degenerate."

It's a big political issue now, both for current president and Trump has been talking about drugs in NH. I wanted to see if other people in other states were having this issue.

You don't like thread? Don't click on. Is Akmed putting a gun to your head making you read this while he cucks you with your GF?

Head to Louisianan

really easy there

Why don't you teach your doctor how to use the new computer system

I had severe anxiety until I found out after years what was causing it.

It was malabsorption where I was basically shitting out nutrients that stop my endocrine glands and brain from attacking themselves.

So if you have anxiety get a good multivitamin, take 3-4 in one go and see how you feel.

>you shouldn't need for years
Is this your considerd medical opinion, Dr.? the point is, the doctors ARE NOT making that determination based on people's health or needs, they are giving in to politicl and media bullshit pressure bc a bunch of "gen y" or "gen z" or whatever these new fuckheads are keep copping habits and ODing.

and the nigger prince, who actually died of fucking AIDS and they are turning it into a perscription drug issue to fuck normal people like me.

and I'm goddam sure I can't be only one getting fucked on this.

>using any antidepressenats
>using any ssri
Just take molly and reflect on your thoughts with cognitive behavioral approach