ITT: Post the most underrated player from your country

ITT: Post the most underrated player from your country.

For me? Scholes of Manchester.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FGah1zMyukM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best Player not to play for the NT alongside Danilo.
Decisive until his last days as a footballer.
FK master. PK master. Superb playmaker. Great goalscorer. If his clutch factor materialized and added inches and girth to his penis, he'd be all penis.

Played for no big club. Real shame.

Mexican James Milner

>Try to think of an underrated american player.
>Anytime a player showed even the slightest bit of talent the media here blew them up so much they become overrated.

For me, it's the best goalkeeper, male or female, in the world, Hope Solo

Unironically Jozy Altidore.

DaMarcus Beasley senpai
Jozy Altidore is overrated as fuck. Why he gets called up for anything other than trashing random Caribbean Island is beyond me.

>I'll just ignore jozy altidore's extensive NT history, where he's among the all-time leaders in goals and goals per game

>scoring against shit teams mattering at all
Where was he in any match that mattered?

Oh, wow, scoring over 9000 goals on janitors from Guyana totally means he should get a pass when he shits the bed against Mexico or when he disappears during the World Cup.

KYS.

hurt for most of them. scored against spain in confeds. hit the post against england in the WC. scored against close to 10 teams that have been in recent world cups during friendlies. if you are going to throw out all friendlies entirely, you're judging his career on literally like 6 NT matches, which is stupid, considering how much other data you have.

Its hip to talk shit about him because he was terrible in england around the same time that the USMNT bandwagon revved up.

which WC did he disappear in? The one where he tore his hamstring? Or the other one where he played well?

fucking idiot.

Behold
youtube.com/watch?v=FGah1zMyukM

Goals with the NT: 45
World Cup: 3
Copa America: 1
Confederations Cup: 3
WC Qualifiers: 6
Gold Cup: 7
Friendlies: 23

He didn't score at all in the 2010 WC retard.

Joey Barton is the most underrated player from England.

Scholes is the most overrated.

>mastered both the man and zonal marking
>Diego Maradona dubbed Vierchowod his toughest opponent, stating that "[Vierchowod] was an animal, he had muscles to the eyelashes. It was easy to pass by him, but then when I raised my head, he was in front of me again. I would have to pass him two or three more times and then I would pass the ball because I couldn't stand him anymore"
>Gary Lineker also revealed that Vierchowod was "the hardest defender he ever faced" adding "he was absolutely brutal and lightning quick. He gave me one or two digs."
>won two Serie A titles, one with Roma (!) in the early '80s and one with Sampdoria (!!) in the '90s when the league attracted the best talents of the world
>reached two CL finals: lost one with Sampdoria, won the second with Juventus (!!!)
>retired at 41 years old, racking up a grand total of 562 league appearances, the seventh-highest appearance holder of all time in Serie A

Did he even play much when Juve won the CL in '96? What about in the '82 World Cup?

played nearly every minute of the quarterfinals, the semifinals and the whole final of that Champions League
in the 1982 world cup he didn't play at all, the competition was just too much (Oriali, Scirea, Gentile) and he also suffered a minor ankle injury that ampered his chances

I'm not even an Athletic fan, but Julen Guerrero is one of the best players I have seen. He rarely comes up on lists about the best Spanish players, which is a shame.

Doesn't get enough credit imo, really broke down barriers

came here to post this

Lol what a piece of shit.

For me? Ivan Campo.

you spelt overrated wrong lad

Probably Zanetti

Seedorf

Uwe Bein was one of the technically best German midfielders. He played his best years for Frankfurt and, to his misfortune, He played at the same time for the national team as Lothar Matthäus and Andreas Möller, who is underrated himself. Those are the main reason people barely remember him.

Zieliński. He just refused offer from Halals

>not even having rated players from your country...

;_:

>No Heskey

>try to think of an underrated player
>post the most overrated footballer in the history of english football

wew

>Chris Sutton and Alan Thompson only had 2 caps between them

shocking, desu

no one outside of england and Sup Forums remembers scholes exists

Dwayne de Rosario seems like a cool guy

amazing.
makes me wonder how top players like gary hooper, scott sinclair, carlton cole, alan stubbs and adam virgo didn't get more international caps after shitting on a afwul league.

terrible, terrible, terrible post. a real shame.

the SPL was a good standard in the early 2000s. I think you'll find Celtic comprehensively desroyed Liverpool and Blackburn in the 2003 UEFA Cup run, two of the better teams in England at the time. Celtic were ahead of Liverpool, Juventus, Roma and Bayern Munich in the UEFA coefficients

Look at Alan Thompsons record in big games, goals against Liverpool, Barcelona, Vilareal etc and 7 goals against Rangers. And we were crying out for a left-winger at the time, there was literally no one to play there apart from shoehorning Scholes in' which lead to his retirement. It's disgraceful he was only given 1 cap,.

Chris Sutton also scored over 20 goals in 3 different seasons playing for EPL clubs, won the league forming a great partnership with Shearer, played in the champions league and only got 1 cap because Glen Hoddle was an utter nonce. you're absolutely off your rocker if you think shit like Darius Vassell, Kevin Phillips, Michael Ricketts were better

Man, a lot of the 1998-2002 players are underrated today because >muh lack of trophies

>Veron
>Claudio Lopez (muh nigga on the Winning Eleven games)
>Aimar
>Sorin
>Cavallero
>Ayala
>Chamot
>El Jefe Astrada
>Vivas
>Balbo
>Chelo Delgado

except Ortega, fuck him. He was le "dribble too much and lose the ball" man on the national team.

Mikael Forssell. Had potential to be a world class striker but injuries wrecked his body.

Disregard the flag

back to strasbourg

>la masia