Prove race realism

Prove race realism

At uni I saw a poster that said scientists have biologically determined race doesn't exist

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q90kmUbEv7c
pnas.org/content/96/21/12004.short
pritchardlab.stanford.edu/publications/pdfs/RosenbergEtAl02.pdf
psychology.uwo.ca/faculty/rushtonpdfs/PPPL1.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15508000
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15625622
medicalxpress.com/news/2013-10-oral-bacteria-fingerprint-mouth.html
cell.com/current-biology/abstract/S0960-9822(15)00671-5
ln.edu.hk/philoso/staff/sesardic/Race2.pdf
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12061787/Intelligence-genes-discovered-by-scientists.html
nature.com/mp/journal/v16/n10/abs/mp201185a.html
155.97.32.9/~bbenham/2510 Spring 09/The Inconvenient Science of Racial DNA Profiling.pdf
archlab.uindy.edu/documents/theses/ParrNMLThesis.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

did they quote the scientist

>scientists

The last decade has done a lot to dilute this term, along with "peer review".

If race didn't exist haplogroups and genetic racial identifiers wouldn't.

If race didn't exist you wouldn't be able to get those nifty 23andMe tests done.

It's pretty simple

What's your take on it? Your picture kind of proves our point.
I mean, will there ever be a day where an Australian aboriginal woman gives birth to a white girl?
The instance it happens, people would automatically assume the girl to be adopted, because it's not just unheard of; it's genetically impossible. Lineage and heritage exists in our DNA. Just through DNA, someone could tell where my ancestors have been.

Race is a social construct as much as taxonomy is. And yes, Taxonomy is classified as a "Social construct", but that doesn't mean lions and tigers are the same.

Science was always politics.

Social scientists don't.
But for neurobiologists race does exist and IQ differences are real.

/r/ing that chart that shows genetic similarity/likeness and show distinct most races are

This, and

technically, race doesn't "exist" as a scientific term not because it doesn't *exist* in real life but because the lines blur in such a fashion that the term becomes nearly impossible to define. It's a culturally defined term in the sense that one man's white man is another man's brown man. Ethnicities, however, do exist, and they can be grouped largely according to outer characteristics and ancestry; you can just use 'people of European descent' as a proxy for white and it would mean essentially the same thing with the same connotation.

It's just word tricks and niggling. Anyone who says that race has been scientifically determined not to exist is using wordplay and sophistry to avoid a truth.

It's a misquote.

Race doesn't exist in the way society defined it. It's actually a continuum due to ancient human migration and interbreeding, so a Black Egyptian will have more in common with a white Italian or Greek than a Black Congolese due to the movement of ancient Greeks and Romans and Egyptians.

It's like colors on the rainbow. You have the colors we named, but there's all the other colors that sit between them as well.

>refutes science because of personal values

You literally contradicted youself, made a good point, but refer to your first statement then your last statement

I see what you mean, I typed out the last line awkwardly. What I mean by that is:

Saying that race doesn't exist because it's not a defined scientific concept doesn't mean that race isn't a thing in the real world. If for example 'white' were to mean 'all people of European descent' then it would exist as a term among scientists; however, because 'race' as we understand it is culturally defined with lots of subjectivity, of course it doesn't stand up to scientific scrutiny as a definition.

Could change the last line from:

>Anyone who says that race has been scientifically determined not to exist is using wordplay and sophistry to avoid a truth.

to

>Anyone who says that race doesn't exist only because it has been scientifically determined not to exist as a definition is using wordplay and sophistry to avoid a truth.

ofcourse race isnt real.
if it is, how come my girlfriend made black child when we both are "white"?

>neurobiologists
>IQ
IQ tests are part of social sciences you dumb faggot

kek

>mfw read Caucasoid as Cuckold

Sup Forums you ruined me.

Were you or her tanned when you fugged?
I'm a scientist.

This chart is in accurate beyond belief there is mroe genetic diversity inside of africa then the rest of the world combined.

Two neighboring african countries can have less in common genetically than asians and europeans

You mean this whole time I'VE JUST BEEN IMAGINING BLACK PEOPLE!? THEY'RE NOT REAL?

>Caucasians
>Cuck Asians

I'm not a racist, I'm a culturalist. And I hate niggers

If you see the words "scientists have..." Then it is untrustworthy. It would be more specific.

Cuckasoids would be a fitting name for many these days.

Social constructionists (Jewish marxists) want to destroy the notion of white race so first try to destroy the notion of race. Bizzarely they also push "white privilege" (even though race "isn't real"

youtube.com/watch?v=q90kmUbEv7c

Which also means that if people were divided into races there would be hundreds of races in Africa and one outside of it which would make the Sup Forums shit about black race really ridiculous.

There are obvious differences between whites and the average nigger though, race just isn't the right word for it.

Can't provide proof when progressive, activist scholars will move the goalposts on the definition of "race" to ensure it stays outside the reach of even overwhelming evidence.

Don't play this game.

>Black
>Egyptian

Neurobilogist here.

We will use IQ tests on occasion and may study certain differences by race but generally we arent the ones concerned with genetic differences among people.

We may dip into the Microbio world, but it isn't really our bag.

"Does race exist" is a question that kind of spans anthropology, microbiology, paleontology, and sociology (which is not a science)

Not anymore, since it was discovered that blacks score systematically lower.
No need for animosity.

>lilly white Scottish gingers
>dark black abbos
>eskimos

You're saying, genetically, these three examples are more closely related than africans from different tribes? Bullshit. Post proof.

the easiest way to prove race exists is to point to forensic science, they are able to tell race using only the skull

>At uni I saw a poster that said scientists have biologically determined race doesn't exist
Sociologists aren't scientists.

As someone who is currently studying Biochemistry, I can assure you that race is most certainly real and there are a plethora of studies revolving around this fact. Particularly in regards to disease susceptibility. This is a good one. A bit old, but race still exists lol.

pnas.org/content/96/21/12004.short

>We demonstrate that the spectrum of CCR5 haplotypes associated with disease acceleration or retardation differs between African Americans and Caucasians.
Why would this be the case if race was merely a social construct? If it was, then the frequencies should be identical. As they're not, it means there is some kind of genetic clustering going on.

I am not saying its useless but IQ tests are not hard science they are closer to psychology. If you want to use science to relate race and intelligence you use brain sizes, number of neurons etc

But high IQ is strongly correlated with having a better paying job.
How come it stopped being a hard science when it was discovered that blacks score lower than whites on them?

it was never a hard science. hard science is biology, chemistry and physics, IQ tests are part of social sciences

If race didn't exist than people wouldn't have skin color as a hereditary trait.

Humans can be genetically categorized into five racial groups, corresponding to traditional races.
pritchardlab.stanford.edu/publications/pdfs/RosenbergEtAl02.pdf

Genetic analysis "supports the traditional racial groups classification."
psychology.uwo.ca/faculty/rushtonpdfs/PPPL1.pdf

"Human genetic variation is geographically structured" and corresponds with race.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15508000

Race can be determined via genetics with certainty for >99.8% of individuals.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15625622

Oral bacteria can be used to determine race.
medicalxpress.com/news/2013-10-oral-bacteria-fingerprint-mouth.html

Race can be determined via brain scans.
cell.com/current-biology/abstract/S0960-9822(15)00671-5

Common-sense racial categories have biological meaning.
ln.edu.hk/philoso/staff/sesardic/Race2.pdf

Human intelligence up to 75% inheritible
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12061787/Intelligence-genes-discovered-by-scientists.html

Human intelligence is highly heritable.
nature.com/mp/journal/v16/n10/abs/mp201185a.html

>At uni I saw a poster that said scientists have biologically determined race doesn't exist

Probably not entirely untrue.. Race in the sense of the US census definitions and the classification of 'racial identity' in the US are legal constructs much more than they are biological/genetic ones...

That said, biologically it's very easy to establish that there are differences between the original peoples of for instance Africa, Europe, the Americas and Greenland.

This btw2bhfam

I don't get it

If race exists, why do flips look like a cross between mongoloids and negroids? Did the chinks have some pigmy love or something?

>scientists
Sup Forums BTFO again

If races didn't exist then this post wouldn't even happen.

There are CLEAR racial differences between blacks/whites/asians...
Actually between every ethnics group on the earth, if race didn't exist you wouldn't be able to differ asian from european yet you can and with ease.

>speech by Bill Nye

So if race doesn't exist then a 95% white community is every bit as diverse as downtown Toronto amirite?

>bill fucking nye
I'am as much if not more of a scientist than he is...
At least he is lesser meme than neil denigger tyson

Shit I'm better educated and more of a scientist than washed up faggot bill nye

t. MSci Computational Geophysics

We're very similar of course but as we continue to advance in genetics we are finding small differences that isolate certain traditional populations. If Uni weren't so cucked and funded race realist research we'd probably discover more differences.

>we are all going to live and die on the same planet
Bill Nye the can't even read a wikipedia article guy.

It does & it's pretty simple

Eurasians & North Africans are descendants of Neanderthal/Denisovan's

Africans are descendants of Homo Erectus

Jews are descendants of Satan

Abos are denisovans you drongo.

>At ((((((( UNIVERSITYYY )))))))

I love hearing Aussies argue and insult eachother wih terms thay no one else on the planet understands.

Google Lewontin's fallacy. When they say "race doesn't exist" what they mean is "genetic diversity exists within race and there are grey areas in between, which nobody has ever denied. In fact, the first half of that "rebuttal" means the >muh inbreeding shit they love to pull has no validity. If the differences within races are greater than between them, that means the risk of keeping to your own is no greater than this "everybody mix" nonsense.

this is a left-wing buzzphrase thats old as shit and debunked

A
FUCKING
BACHELORS
DEGREE

BSc in Anthropology here
In my introductory course, the professor explained that there once were different sub-species of humans, however, due to race mixing (obviously he didn't use this term), they are no more

I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually redpilled and simply didn't want to get dogpiled by the PC police, thus the disclaimer that the subspecies no longer exist.

Yes. People pushing "diversity" are closet racists, but so are those saying they do not want to live alongside a certain race.

It has nothing to do with species you mongoloid

The point is that races are less distinct than subspecies, yet somehow the birds are all different subspecies and all the humans are "the same".

Alright. But they do not have different behavioral groups. A nigger growing in a white family will behave "white"

Tell me, what went wrong in Australia?
Why did they end up that way?

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK !

Most denisovan heritage among branches of The One Race The Human Raceā„¢.
Floresian hobbits may have had something to do with it too.

Wanna bet the name of those """scientists"" end with sachs, berg, stein or witz?

>American flag
>Uni
Aussie detected, next time use college. Weak bants

In Europe the homo sapiens mixed with neanderthals to create whitey, in Australia they mixed with something else that we know little about other than that they were huge and ugly, their blood also made it's way to southern India which is why they look sort of like our natives.

Leftist try to use the argument that race doesnt exist scientifically, they are "tecnically righ" because there is not a scientific concensus on the clasification of genetic clusters that we know as races, and there isnt a consensus because anyone touching that subject gets their carreers destroyed, like the guy that discovered DNA, Watson i think his name was. The clusters are real

If Human races don't exist, different breeds of dogs don't exist either.

Why does the black one look angry?

Scientists in academia have largely abandoned science in favor of political correctness.

In 2002, the FBI developed a DNA test that could determine the suspects race, but it has never been widely implemented due the "political implications".
>155.97.32.9/~bbenham/2510 Spring 09/The Inconvenient Science of Racial DNA Profiling.pdf

Forensic anthropologists have also developed techniques to identify the race of a victim using just the skull. One such thesis is here:
>archlab.uindy.edu/documents/theses/ParrNMLThesis.pdf

Because all three were given a book to read to pass the time.

What about Latin people?