Is called the resistance

>is called the resistance
>is actually the galaxy's primary super power
>waging war against a niche little group just trying to survive

Are the rebellion actually the bad guys? It's like if hamas somehow took over all of israel and left only a tiny little pocket of land for the israelis to live in, and continued to wage war against the israeli people as the "oppressed peoples rebellion"

Bane?

Execute order 66

I think you chose the wrong metaphor

ah yes, because the niche little group would totally have the means to transform a planet into a giant death star

The New Republic is the primary super power.
The First Order is an imperial remnat/terrorist group more powerful that it should be. Not niche at all and probably still with half the galaxy under they thumb.
The Resistance is a ragtag organization set up by Leia with very little support from the Republic to fight the First Order because the New Republic is not interested in perpetuating a all-out war.

>33
>66
This post is deep as fuck.

I think they're implied to be a relatively small operation though. They don't roll around in fleets of fuckhuge ships like the empire, they operate on a small scale, a few dozen guys and a few TIE fighters even for the most important jobs.

The New Republic are kind of fucking stupid then aren't they? What else are they doing that's so important that they can't stop and deal with the astro-nazis on their front porch?

I read bloodline so I know why you're wrong but im too lazy to write it out

>tfw ransolm casterfo will probably never be heard of again

That's one of the problems: they tried to do the same thing, but you can't have the Rebels win the galaxy and also be the little guys. It just doesn't work. Same thing happened with the prequels. You wind up with it none of it feeling credible.

They really should have flipped the script, had the New Republic be in the Empire's shoes and the First Order be this terrorist group that, while small, has managed to evade them.

No fucking idea but yes, they're morons. Then they get blow up

It was a shitty remake of a new hope pretty much.

The fact that there was little political context in the movie is one of the reasons i disliked it.

>implying anything makes sense in this shit movie.
It's just pisspoor propaganda.

wot? the prequels didn't have this issue at all.

They were the bad guys since the beginning. Using criminals, exploiting natives by using their believes against them (Ewoks thinking C3PO is a diety) and pushing them into conflict with the empire.

The whole story is a retold communistic revolution in Russia.

t. someone who knows absolutely nothing about the Russian Revolution

>Are the rebellion actually the bad guys?

Every revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction.

t. Commie pinko

In the prequels, the Republic is this huge organization that governs the universe, yet it doesn't even have an army until Palpatine makes clones. Makes zero sense.

In the new one, at least they have "treaty" as a semi-excuse, but the First Order is breaking the treaty, and the rest of the old Empire has disavowed them, so the Republic should go in full-force.

Vladimir Lenin is one of the biggest scumbags to have ever lived but you're still stupid and wrong.

Also Nicholas II was an incompetent. He inherited Russia in a horrible state but he was the final nail in the coffin.

I figure that each planet in the republic is relied upon to defend itself in a fief-like arrangement. Armies do exist, just there's no centralized one.

>primary super power
>the first order can destroy 4 planets at will and no-one can do anything about it