Is there a genre Sup Forums has worse taste in than punk?

Is there a genre Sup Forums has worse taste in than punk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iKgPW5FI0LE
youtube.com/watch?v=hw60q0wEt6g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have you or have you not heard Stop Jap?

Hip Hop just because they think overrated pop rapper Kanye can somehow be the best.

replace it with Kendrick

HIP HOP
I
P

H
O
P

Yeah I have. Heard Stalin on a KBD record then listened to that LP.

Punk is more cringe than metal and noise

I rather be an expert in beanie babies than punk

All of them.

>being this much of a pussy when it comes to visceral music
These are literally the few handful of popular music genres worth listening to alongside art music and jazz.

>listening to music with harsh vocals

Why do you do it?

Harsh vocals are the perfect fit for those styles of music. Music with distorted sounds works best with vocals that also emulate that as well. Especially since harsh vocals are also far more raw and visceral as well.

i like the way they sound

post ur top 5 fag

Recommend some good punk albums to listen to, then.

Bad Brains - Rock for Light
Dead Kennedys - Fresh fruit for rotten vegetables
Minor Threat - Everything
Ramones - Everything
Circle Jerks - Group Sex

first that comes to my mind

>70s
Black Flag - Nervous Breakdown
>80s
Die Kreuzen - s/t
>90s
Nausea - Extinction
>2000s
Ceremony - Ruined
>2010s
Nails - Unsilent Death

The Glow pt 2
Illinoise
Is This It?
Zentropy
Twin Fantasy

>inb4 indiefag

I have emotions that need to get out and people have shit they need other people to hear, bruh

but he is the best

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAhA oh man, I knew it. It's always the indie fags, too that's always so pretentious that they think everything outside indie is embarrassing when indie's probably the most boring genre out there.

>he can't handle more quieter forms of music
>he calls it boring

>he can't handle more quieter forms of music
Can you really say that when I mentioned art music and jazz earlier? Psshhh indiefags can't even pay attention. It's not the quietness, it's that indie makes the most unengaging and the least interesting kind of quieter, more calm music.

Don't listen to either of these idiots Literally know nothing

The Kids - S/T
Vomit Pigs - Useless Eaters
Gentlemen of Horror - Overhead Projector
Toxin III - I Rock I Ran
Dow Jones & the Industrials
Teenage Queers - Live at Raul's
Stick Men With Ray Guns - Property of Jesus Christ
Oblvivians - Soul Food
Reatards - Grown Up Fucked Up
Persuaders - Forced to Fuck
True Sons of Thunder - Spoonful of Seedy Dudes
Gary Wrong Group

>m-muh obscure shit is better
>m-muh gary wrong group
kys

What are you talking about? Is Gary Wrong a meme here now or something? That's just the shit I like.

you a damn fool if you don't recognise kanye's greatness

Not him but I like stuff like downtempo and trip hop and I agree with him that your taste is shit. Not that indie is always bad but most of it is garbage.

>muh boring late 70s style punk cuz I can't handle more high energy punk
Fuck off. Like shit, at least give him some variety in style that's what I tried to do. But nope, you are too busy stuck in 1977.

Also, some of those newer bands aren't even the best ones doing that revival sound either. There's stuff like The Liquids, Coneheads, that do it much better or add slight twists to it like Night Birds or Hank Wood & The Hammerheads.

A lot of the shit isn't obscure for people that are actually into punk rock. It's all a bunch of legendary shit that's been put to death on compilations. Learn how to talk to people.

Half the bands i posted are from the 80s and 90s. Liquids and Coneheads are joke bands. >Devo but faster mom!!

I like what I like. Go fuck yourself with your insecurity and needing people online to validate your taste. Which by the way is terrible. Night Birds. Give me a fucking break you California queer.

>coneheads and liquids are lame
>this meme shit isn't youtube.com/watch?v=iKgPW5FI0LE

>some of those newer bands
Like how retarded are you? I was clearly not talking all of them.

>Liquids and Coneheads are joke bands.
>implying some of the very stuff he posted doesn't have tongue in cheek moments
Not only that, but because they are more lively, they end up creating music that actually hits the listener harder as well instead of limp ass shit.
>insecurity
>Don't listen to either of these idiots
Lmao, what a fucking joke.

I just like that band and don't like the northwest indiana shit. Bite me. If anything's a meme it's the Coneheads. Gary Wrong has gotten no money for his shit. Coneheds entire fandom is internet based.

Yeah you're devo inspired band sure ain't limp wristed

yeah haha if you get paid youre not a real punk xd

>you're
Anyway...yeah they aren't considering how fast paced and manic their music is that gives it added energy that makes punk rock so great.

Punk is an awful genre

Punk is dead anyway, this isn't the 80s. Let it go.

That doesn't mean you don't listen to it retard.
That's like saying you shouldn't listen to classical, jazz, or even old hip-hop.

this. it's a genre purely for edgy teens

>Liking punk

Pop Punk is the best Punk

I don't know what you mean.

Who dis bitch tho?

Get outta the thread then

^This.

I love when a Millenial thinks he knows punk when it hasn't been a thing since well before his mom shat him out her crusty vagina.

Alicja Trout

Do you like her music?

bet she smells like trout

This is why her name shouldn't have been posted. She's made great records and doesn't need to be harassed by you perma autists

Oblivians and Reatards are in no way obscure

r8 my favorites

Above the Ruins - Songs of the Wolf
The Adicts - Songs of Praise
GG Allin - Hated in the Nation
Amebix - Arise
Angelic Upstarts - Teenage Warning
Angry Aryans - Racially Motivated Violence
Anti-Heros - That's Right
Anti-Nowhere League - We Are...The League
Black Flag - The First Four Years
Blue Eyed Devils - Murder Squad
Charged G.B.H. - City Baby Attacked by Rats
Christian Death - Only Theatre of Pain
Cock Sparrer - Shock Troops
Cockney Rejects - Greatest Hits Vol. 1
Combat 84 - Orders of the Day
Crass - The Feeding of 5000
Cro-Mags - Best Wishes
Cryptic Slaughter - Convicted
The Cure - Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me
Death in June - The Guilty Have No Pride
Discharge - Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing
Dr. Know - The Best of Dr. Know
Doom - Total Doom
Dystopia - Human = Garbage
The Exploited - The Massacre
Fear - The Record
G.I.S.M. - Detestation
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Landser - Rock gegen Oben
Life Cycle - Myth & Ritual
Minor Threat - Complete Discography
New Glory - Backlash
No Alibi - Wickedness of Mankind
Poison Girls - Where's the Pleasure?
Sacrilege - Behind the Realms of Madness
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Kaleidoscope
Skrewdriver - Boots and Braces
Skullhead - Odin's Law
Sockeye - Retards Hiss Past My Window
Störkraft - Dreckig, kahl und hundsgemein
Subhumans - The Day the Country Died
Suicidal Tendencies - s/t
Totenmond - Auf dem Mond ein Feuer
Vile - Solution
White Pride - Your Loss Is Our Gain
Wipers - Is This Real?
XTC - Drums and Wires
Zounds - The Curse of Zounds

Toy Dolls/0

youtube.com/watch?v=hw60q0wEt6g

Oh fuck!

Been meaning to check them out, but never bothered until now.

I like 'em. They sound like a happy version of Angelic Upstarts.

Or is it that Angelic Upstarts are an angry Toy Dolls?

Hmmm.

Are you into the politics of skinhead bands or just like some of the bands? I don't care. You're dude on the internet i'll never meet just curious.

user this is awful

Experimental rock. Swans is fucking awful

>Are you into the politics of skinhead bands or just like some of the bands? I don't care. You're dude on the internet i'll never meet just curious.

Funny story how I got into that stuff.

At the time (16 years old), I was heavily into Hip-Hop (still am, but less so), and I'd hear rappers constantly make references to Islam. On a lark, I decided to google some lyrics from the rapper RBX and stumbled upon a white power site. From there, I downloaded all the free mp3s. Much of it was bunk, but I did find a few gems here and there.

Why is punk such an overrated genre? It makes no sense that there is still a massive punk scene in 2017

Hahaha what an ass backwards way to find that stuff. That's a great story.

Go bitch about it somewhere else. People like punk rock. That's all there is to it.

jazz threads are a laugh

>b-but why don't they discuss muh Matana, Snarky Puppy and Kamasi? They are just as good as the five other jazz albums I have heard in my life!

why?

DIY aspect will always keep it alive.

And it gets a lot of love for being the most straightforward visceral style of popular music.

What's wrong with Gary Wrong Group? Why do people hate him here?

no, half the userbase here doesn't even seem to have a remotely well-formed idea in their mind what punk actually is.

I like these guys.

Anymore punk like this?

the average Sup Forumstant's tastes are based on critics and online hype, rather than paying attention to label releases or going to shows

stop being bottom feeding shut-ins and go to some fucking shows you little twerps

>stop being bottom feeding shut-ins and go to some fucking shows you little twerps

Problem is that 90% of artists that Sup Forums likes are either dead or in retirement homes.

My dudes

that's true for me too, but i go to shows on a weekly basis and hear a lot of great stuff on top of the old shit i like

t. pretentious faggots who think punk can only exist in some faggots basement

sure thing buddy

What are some of your favorite punk bands?

no, shit like Joy Division and Bauhaus just isn't punk, period. There's a reason why people differentiate between post-punk and punk, if you can't understand why the Cure is sonically different from the Ramones then you're a fucking idiot. Only here do you ever see people who manage to fuck it up, it's a concept even Facebook and Last.fm plebs are able to wrap their heads around.

bands you've never heard of/wouldn't like

Can someone explain to me how bands like the Sex Pistols and the Ramones are considered punk but bands like Green Day and Blink 182 are not.

What exactly are the criteria that make a band "punk"?

I like the obscure shit. I wasn't asking to judge you I was just curious

Literally nobody in this thread mentioned post punk until you.

okay, well if you read my original post you'd see I was talking about the board in general. In fact if you read my post which you just responded to you'd see I was talking about the board in general, you brainlet.

Isn't it funny how life works? Yeah, who'd have thought a bored Paki would get into white power music through Hip-Hop?

My absolute favorite album is "Truth and Tragedy: Life in the Occupied Zone" by Mudoven. That album continues to sound fierce to me as it did when I first laid ears on it.

Until I heard Organized Resistance's "Day of the Rope", I never heard a nastier, more aggressive album. I would say Mudoven sounds like a racist bastard spawn of Cro-Mags, Discharge and Venom's orgy, but even that fails to encapsulate the enrapturing musical experience.

pop-punk has the word "punk" right in it. Difference is lyrical subject matter and time period, although most people wouldn't deny that bands like the Ramones or the Buzzcocks had definite pop punk moments.

I mean if you listen to the Ramones and American Idiot there's really not that much difference in either lyrical content or musical style.

I like both for the record.

What have you got against punk?

How can you even get this lame

I love punk but Sup Forums has terrible taste in it

You absolute mung, of course Kanye is the best

What's good taste in Punk? Name some OP

metal, pop punk, folk punk, emo, pop, electronica, folk, folk pop

All music is fucking garbage.

this

It has sloppy musicianship and stupid angsty teen lyrics

you don't know anything about musicianship