I graduated high school and scored top 2 percent of my state on my finals

I graduated high school and scored top 2 percent of my state on my finals.

4 years later I'm a janitor.
AMA

Do you enjoy being a janitor?

I'm a janitor too tho. Are you implying you have a shitty life? Cause I don't think I do. I'm my own boss. Money isn't everything user. Happiness is.

I'm thinking with the lack of skills I currently have getting a job as a Janitor might actually be a good thing for me.

By the way, I graduated in the top 10% of my class. Learned a long time ago money isn't the path to happiness.

Being a janitor is great if you're good looking op. I fuck loads of high school sluts for booze and weed.

It pays better than any job I've had. ever.
Significantly better.
the work so far, is the easiest shit I've ever done for money in my life - my boss is an older lady who looks at top 50 youtube videos all day on her cell phone (she can't bend over, or bend her knees, or get off the ground if she falls)
So, since I'm more physically and mentally capable than 5 of her. nothing about this job can be an actual challenge to me

No, not at all, I think if I get recognized properly I'll be my own boss soon too

No it's not - we don't have an organ for money - but damn wish I had some saved up.2

I am not good looking - the teachers are low-conscience normies fresh out of college - But i'm gay and in a 5 year happy relationship, so I wouldn't risk 1600 a month for dusting things over being weird like tha

Lol bump?
I guess thats all the questions there are to ask anyway

Or my silent overlords gave up.

Never met a gay janitor. Do you clean with glitter?

Lol, no - Gay is a very tiny part of what I am. I'm not flamboyant, nobody would ever guess it unless I told them.

I disagree, I'm nothing but happy when I can buy whatever I like. Probably because I didn't have the luxury of getting things at all as a kid

How did you end up with that job? How would someone like me get the same job?

This is why we do not need education to be happy.

Janitor here too. Dropped out of High School when I was 16, acquired my G.E.D. a year or two later and worked random odd jobs.

This is the best job and best paying job I've ever had.

Most people just look down on it because of how gross it can be.

Also, women's bathrooms are always the worst. Absolute worst.

A relative of a close friend, working with the employer, was my reference - shoo'd me in for an interview.

Yeh, I try to be nice and friendly to be people, like the teachers and staff etc, but my "Hello!"s are often met with stoic silence - I still haven't had to do anything particularly gross yet though.
But hell, for 10 dollars an hour, 10 hours a day, 4 days a week - with health and dental benefits - I will rinse literal shit out of urinals all day without complaint

Yep. They overflow the trash can, leave water everywhere, and don't get me started on the smelly, red biohazard known as period blood.
I mean, most of the staff is female, so the womens bathrooms get %1000 more traffic than the mens, but still. Agreed

I graduated high school with a 2.3 GPA and 22 years later I make over 100K/year. I'm pretty sure nothing we do in high school matters. And I never went to college either. Higher education is only useful to a subset of society. What you did in school doesn't define the way you choose to live your life. If you like being a janitor, good on you bro.

H E
E

D O E S
O
E
S

I T
T

F O R
O
R

F R E E
R
E
E

Which state?

do you jerk off to the students?

What do you do?

Consider Joining the military. With the GI Bill and other benefits, you could at least consider or look into it.

word.

I had a 1.7 gpa in high school & cheated my way through college & got my bachelor's degree. now I make 75k with a house, condo, 3 cars, etc...

Florida

Yeah, what do you do?

In my personal time, I teach myself programming, 3D modelling, and applied mathematics.
I'm trying to be a game developer -
I've sat through some Full Sail classes, where my close friends were having educational grants sucked right from their souls - Full Sail and similar just take your money to put you through a bunch of Youtube tutorials, nothing that isn't online for free.

Additionally,
services like Steam or Itch, do not ask you or give a single fuck if you went to college or are certified in any way, before letting you sell your product.

Companies like Blizzard will see certification as a plus,
but if you have the ideas, and the skill to put them together into a finished product, you can profit a shit-ton without school.
See Nelson Sexton for example.

Oh, I am training every day in hopes that the Navy will take me

I'm a compliance engineer with an electric utility. I maintain regulatory certifications for them.

1600 a month is fucking garbage...but okay i'm glad your happy.

But yeah highschool doesn't mean shit. College either unless you go to a top school or actually get a useful degree.

I had a 3.0 (which where i went to school is not good) and never even finished community college. Been bartending for years taking home 1000 week.

Granted I hope i don't have to do it much longer..but at this point i dont know how i can make as much money doing something else entry level, which i'm gonna have to if I switch careers.

do you bang the drunk bitches?

for a 22 year old,
whereas before I was making minimum wage for a retail company that laid me the fuck off,
1600 a month (considering my rent right now is 100 a month) is amazing for me, especially since its' not customer service, and I can have headphones in all day. In a couple months I've have a small plot of land - a year from now I'll have a tiny sustainable cabin with solar.

Customer service aside your job must be pretty fun.

Unless you want to be a doctor or an engineer your education, test scores and accolades mean shit in the real world.

Unless you have drive, ambition, determination, and a never fucking say die attitude you'll be cleaning up other peoples shit for the rest of your life.

he won't tell you satan.

yea a few times I've had girls straight up wait at the bar for me to get off or come back as we close. But not really as much as you would think.

Yeah considering your age that isn't bad. Nice call on the cabin. My sister is seriously considering leaving NYC and doing something like that. She believes the end is nigh...and I don't deny it might be coming in the next few decades, but not as soon as her. She bought everyone in my immediate family go bags.

what state and how much was the land you got?

Money isn't everything user

>741554120
It really isn't
but I bet you still receive financial help from your parents or relatives
you wouldn't be satisfied otherwise

Well, haven't gotten it yet, there are some 4-5k plots around - more than big enough for a cabin + a van + future camper.
Texas.

I see the future possibility of paying most of a paycheck for rent at a place that still isn't mine doing a job i don't want to do to not get kicked out of a place that isn't mine as a really shitty future.
So I'm trying to set it up so that, even if the job isn't exactly what I want to do, I have a place that is mine to do what I want to do, regardless, and it isnt sucking up all my paychecks