By the way, if anyone here is in advertising or marketing, kill yourself

>By the way, if anyone here is in advertising or marketing, kill yourself.

wtf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_8FMXMgjlbM
youtube.com/watch?v=9bq8SvGd_UQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9Yp6XwfstVU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Let me guess, it's edgy when he says it, but not when Sup Forums says it about the hollywood joooos?

It's true though. Marketers and advertisers are some of the worst subhumans in existence, and everyone who purposefully goes into those fields has no soul.

it was a different time

people hated ads then, you are right. Now people have accepted them as a necessary part of paying for nothing.

>not only do I think marijuana should be legalized, I think it should be mandatory!
what did he mean by this?

>Now people have accepted them as a necessary part of paying for nothing.

Horseshit unless you're a cuck

Hicks was the terrible for comedy but amazing for teenagers

yes precisely

>Now people have accepted them as a necessary part of paying for nothing.

>what is AdBlock
>what is the huge effort websites put into detecting and telling you to disable your AdBlock or you won't be able to browse the website

Not everyone is a cuck like you.

>le alex jones faec

>White power, alright? All kikes must hang.

What the hell did he mean by this?

what about when you are out and about seeing billboard ads that you cant adblock?

also ublock origin is better

>Hitler had the right idea, he was just an underachiever.
Problematic desu.

I think if it were legal then there would overall be much less aggression on Friday and Saturday nights.

Then obviously I have no choice, but I certainly don't watch them purposefully.

I tried UnBlock and websites wouldn't load for some reason.

>"corporations are terrible man"
>*inhales 2 packs of cigarettes in one set and brags about it*

the guy was a fucking retard. for all his talk about hating marketing and being above all that shit he sure fell for the "smoking is masculine" meme pretty fucking hard. Really wish he hadn't of died so he could have fizzled out and not be glorified by all these edgy teenaged faguts.

this legitimately is something that is "it was a different time" worthy
didn't think there'd be an example in hicks' routine, nice

Yeah Bill Hicks was a retard, but he was on point in this matter.

thats so mr reddit

based bill

he smoked cigs because he was addicted not because he looked cool. thats why people smoke lol this isnt middle school

what is he on point about exactly? he doesn't like looking at ads? he doesn't like being manipulated? This might surprise you but, everybody manipulates everybody every fucking day for their own benefit, not just the "big bad corporations with their big bad marketing" departments. The only difference is that ad men and marketers are honest about it.

Besides if If you're smart you'll see through any bullshit they try and feed you and you won't be effected. if not then who really fucking cares?

>he smoked cigs because he was addicted
youtube.com/watch?v=_8FMXMgjlbM

you support the guy and you don't know one of his most famous bits lmfao. fucking posers man, I swear

He smoked because he wanted a certain look, he liked looking cool. His entire image was fucking manufactured to look like a rebel. he liked it so much that he liked ending his sets with a staged assassination of himself ffs. He was as much a marketer as any poor, miserable cocksucker that that bit was pointed at.

he was speaking for the sheep

of course advertising and marketing didnt have an influence on him. he genuinely cared about humanity

It's not about me. It's about those soulless hacks who go into advertising and marketing, the most insincere and unproductive fields in the job market.

>You show me a tropical fruit and I'll show you a cocksucker from Guatemala.

he was a comedian. did you know that? he went on stage and told jokes. post an interview where he talks about smoking in a serious manner and not one of his comedy routines

>the most insincere and unproductive fields in the job market.

lol based on what fucking metric? Do they not help sell products or don't they? Is brand image not one of the most powerful assets businesses like Mcdonalds have or not? You don't know what you're talking about.

>of course advertising and marketing didnt have an influence on him.
yeah except they did seehe fell hard for "marlboro man" image. Dude is was a fucking hypocrite and worst of all he wasn't funny, he just found common ground with a niche audience because they agreed with every fucking thing he said. He was a bonafide hack and I'm glad after all these years of shilling his shit people are starting to wake up to that fact

>he was a comedian. did you know that?
>he smoked for the bit!
>it was just a joke dude!

probably the weakest defense you could ever hope to muster. Reminder that the only time Hicks ever disavowed cigs was when he was about to die of fucking cancer

>he smoked for the bit!
Is your reading comprehension actually this shit or are you just pretending to be a retard? The bragging part was for his onstage persona, not the smoking itself.

he wasnt funny but yet you know all about his comedy like a crazed stalker. i think you used to like bill hicks but god knows why you turned on him way waaay after his death and try so desperately to pull reasons out of your ass to hate him

again people smoke because they are addicted

Pfffft it's Comedy Central roast tier now

holy fuck im watching this exactl same fucking video and now

if you knew anything about him you would know he talked about when he quit cigarettes but the addiction being too strong. but no in your mind he did it to look cool. LMAO

how do they get addicted?

because they look cool when they smoke lol. most logical reason i can think of

Who is that guy?

I have a fila brazillia cd with some 'comedian' doing a set over the music and it starts off like that.

its Bill Hicks

Penis Leary ripped off some of his material

he made it better. hicks was a fat nerd with a mullet. denis leary is a cool guy.

Denis Leary is a yappy little mick with a manly looking wife.

lol ur mad at a dead guy

Dennis Leary is a fake tough Jew York pussy who never had a funny joke he didn't lift.

what's wrong with this?
>advertising or marketing
literally codewords for propaganda and manipulation

The only industry more worthless is the "Fashion" industry

*laughs quietly*
...no, really. Kill yourself.

I just want you to know that if you talked shit about Bill Hicks in front of me I would unironically knock you the fuck out

ITT retards

he targets the train of thought people in marketing chase to create a fake narrative using media simply to sell their products.
They don't care if the product is overpriced, unsafe or even dangerous as they're just part of the mill.
Notice how everything is marketed to you on the internet, how your online use dictates you into a bunch of statistics and the richest globalized coorperations use this info collectively to make more bullshit you don't need but you'll buy anyway because you've been spied on for so long that they know you will be into.
Living life is like watching summer block busters, buy and see things that were made to appeal to as many people possible, dumb shallow shit for the mediocre.

but i like things

BLACKED

How come every picture I've seen of this dude he looks uncomfortably sweaty? I will never watch him strictly because of that. Gross dude.

performing in stuffy clubs under lights will do that to you

He's still an overrated edgelord

> hadn't of

American education, everyone.

oh no corporations want to sell me shit, someone save us

If you watch other in same surroundings they're not sweaty, maybe he was anxious about people realizing he's full of shit?

ITT: butthurt people in advertising or marketing.

That explains his chain smoking

Dude was a lousy comedian

>now let's check the weather
>it's 4000 degress in south central
>with gusts of lava sweeping north toward beverly hills
I'm so right-wing you'd think I was kidding, and I despise stand-up comics*, but I always thought Hicks was hilarious, even if he was full of shit.

>*you ever notice the difference between coke and coke classic it's the same thing lmao
>t. seinfeld

>They don't care if the product is overpriced, unsafe or even dangerous as they're just part of the mill.

and again he contradicts himself by smoking and then saying "lel we all die bruh and also death isn't real anyway this is all just a ride :^)"

This has been pointed out multiple times itt. The guy manufactured his own persona for your consumption and he incorporated cigarettes into that persona thus benefiting from and directly spreading the same type of bullshit marketing that he decried. He was a fucking phony that took himself way too seriously and you're a fucking mark for taking his bait hook, line and sinker.

>le super edgy social commentary
Yea, stay in the 80s, breh

>hehe I almost had to face the fact that you have a legitimate argument but I see you made a grammar mistake hehe

>some
The smoking bit was the basis of Leary's career, and he stole every word of it from Hicks.

>unironically calling people sheep

Why not say jews?

Sure movies have ideology, but they can also have art.

Advertising is PURE, *sniff* PURE IDEOLOTSHY

Alex Jones really looks like shit, damn

Can't wait for Linux AR glasses so that I can just point at a wall with an advertisement and block it and turn it into a black rectangle

No you wouldn't, don't convince yourself through your own anonymity either, that's sad.

>when you so woke you cross over into another dimension

Why would anyone be in your mother's basement discussing Bill Hicks with you?

It's called I base my entire ideology on being anonymous and therefore unaccountable for any of my opinions

>IMPLYING HE DIED
Top kek

>psshhh death isn't real, kid
>gets cancer
>dies

>mfw I work in marketing

Jones stands for everything Hicks opposed

youtube.com/watch?v=9bq8SvGd_UQ

>When the goyim still havent woken up yet

Journalist here, were basically in the same profession

you faggots only hate Hicks now because his narrative has become the mainstream now
he was just left-wing sam hyde

The whole thing is Hicks is doing Jones ironically

holy shit jon ronson went downhill

>Durrrrr hes not controlled opposition guys
HMMMM MARRIED A JEWISH WIFE/HAD JEWISH KIDS AND NOW HES ALEX JONES THE LONE CRUSADER AGAINST THE ISLAMIC NAZI GLOBALISTS AND THEIR NEW WORLD ORDER
youtube.com/watch?v=9Yp6XwfstVU

TOP KEK RETARDS

No, we hate carlin because of that

The thing is reality has become a joke.

Satire is real now.

It's why Sup Forums predicts the future.

Their satire, combined with international jewry, lets us know just how the jews will ruin the world.

>he brings numerology into it
Hohoho

It's more like if you pretend to be retarded for fun, you eventually attract enough legit retards who think you're serious.

We are the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Those people are retarded. They're the fucking worst. Pick any thing you hate about shopping in modern day times and some marketer is behind it.

We're all victims of marketing, but Hicks had to deal with them, face to face, everyday had to take calls from people telling him where he should go, who he should talk to, what he should say because "its good for marketing"

If you dont understand that, youre too young to understand how the world really works.

It sucks when you realize everything is geared towards the lowest common denominator.

Wow, #deep #woke

Oh he's going for that anit-marketing market. That's a good market.

What do you call this hairstyle?

#reallyfiredmycortex
#iamnowashillforhicks

The absolute irony.

kek

>victims of marketing

This is such bullshit. It's not like fucking They Live where you're being subliminally controlled by this benevolent omnipotent genius marketing executives. If Bill Hicks was so smart why did he die such a slow and painful death like a retard?

>he has to listen to people so he can make millions of dollars

Such a tough life. Thousands of starving comedians would love to be in his position.

What do you think the (((media))) is doing?

Turning everyone into dependent retards

>It's not like fucking They Live where you're being subliminally controlled by this benevolent omnipotent genius marketing executives.
It really is, obviously you are some kind of smartass who can see the ideology but most people just follow
degenerates are mostly a creation of marketing and advertisement, and the kind of entertainment that is infested by those two