Settle an argument Sup Forums

Settle an argument Sup Forums

Is this flag racist?

No, niggers are racist.

the flag is not racist, but the ideals it represents include racist thinking

it's not racist in of itself, but has been used in the past to inspire fear into a race of people. Not to mention it lost the war so it's a losers flag.

Fuck no, dude. It's about as racist as the American Flag

I've always seen it as representing freedom and rebellion. Nothing to do with race.

No but everyone who displays it is.

>agreed a flag can not be racist
Is the swastika flag a symbol of racist?

What it represents is racist

>freedom>failed rebellion>cost many lives and pieces of art to be destroyed

Eh, borderline traitorous like flying any other flag we went to war with. I've never met an intelligent person sporting one and living in Montana I've seen quite a few.

>Still being this mad you lost the war 172 later

Every revolution ever is built on destruction including the American Revolution and the revolutions and civil wars that led to every single country and government on the entire planet.

>swastika flag
First of all, that's not a thing
Second, the swastika itself was used by Asian religions well before nazis. Of course, that's not what you think about when you see it.

Most people I have ever seen that use it are usually red necks or trash. Generally for southern pride or rebellion.

Personally I prefer the Gadsden Flag

It's almost like someone used it to represent something really bad so no one uses it anymore?

(((Racist))) is term invented by Bolshevik Jew Leon Trotsky (Lev Bronstein)

Why are you Cucks so concern with that far left bullshit?

The flag itself is a cloth incapable of any thought at all-including prejudice. However it represents a nation who's economy nearly wholly relied on the slave trade and poor treatment of immigrants. The American flag represents a nation who has moved past exploiting it's own people and moved on to exploiting other nations. The USA has a pretty large amount of slave labor in the form of BS prison sentences coupled with labor in prisons so yeah..
Anyway it's shitty and not something to be proud of---all nationalism is dumb and we should probably try and realize that as a people.

What I want to know is why is it that the people that fly this flag, are also the people to get mad when anyone else flies their country's flag (if they are not from the US)?

I see your point
Also, checked

Get over it you lost

#kekistan

The flag itself is not racist, but it is insensitive because (right or wrong) it now represents slavery as well as the CSA. Just like the term "colored," it really depends on context. Fly it at a Civil War re-enactment? Good. Fly it at a Black Lives Matter counter-protest? Probably racist.

But it's definitely a flag of treason. No American should revere or fly a flag representing people who took arms against the lawfully elected US gov't and killed hundreds of thousands of US troops and civilians just because they feared Lincoln would make them stop owning and abusing black folks.

Saying flags or symbols are racist is like saying words are racist. It's an absurd premise.

The reality is that racism is an ideology, and as an ideology it is based on indisputable facts that everyone is unique and different. The reality is that people are ignoring reality because the idealism that we're all equal is such a popular lie, but it is a lie. It's a fantasy that's evident with the most basic observation of our material reality.

most the people who fly that flag are not of high intelligence to the point of not be able to identify their own hypocrisy. They are the same people who casually will tell you how to live or run a country but HOLY SHIT if you dare suggest anything about america, "you dont even live here so keep your opinions to yourself".

im not even joking, i dont think the people who do this have the mental capacity to identify just how dumb they are

It's only racist if you want to be racist. if the confederate flag is racist, then the Ethiopian flag used by rastafarians & neo-hippies is racist, because it represents the mass murderer. emperor haile selassie

Fuck off. If you follow the same logic to all flags/countries... your will realise that everything is racist even africa that sold slaves to arabs and europeans.

>racism was made by races inferior to me
I wish I could fail to see the irony.

lulz

you got me.

Fuck your ridiculous and idealistic nonsense, fool. The American flag is as much a symbol of treason against lawful government as any other flag. In case you missed it, every country and each of its new governments are all founded on bloodshed.

>Just like the term "colored,"
Something that's been bugging me is why is it considered OMFG RACIST!!!1 to say "colored person" but peecee to say "person of color"? They literally mean exactly the same thing.

>living in Montana I've seen quite a few
Jesus man I grew up in Alabama and at least they had the excuse that they were southern. If you fly this in Montana, 2000 miles away from confederate territory, it might as well be a swastika.

>But it's definitely a flag of treason
No it isn't. If it "definitely" is, then so is every flag, including the stars and stripes.

That is actually really, really funny.

But it is so true, his argument should be "Racism is ok because my race is superior" because saying "racism isn't real" is an immensely stupid argument.

historical reasons.

>Is this flag racist?

No. It is a symbol of the independence of US States. Banning that flag is a step by the empire based in Washington DC to erase the memory of the legal secession of the Southern States and Lincoln's insane and bloody civil war to drag them back into the "Union".

The american flag represents rebellion against taxation without representation.

The confederate flag at best represents "I don't wanna pay no taxes, representation or otherwise" but it also represents "I like to own black people".

Please elaborate.

the stars and stripes was treasonous to england. the confederacy was treasonous to america. There is a difference.
If they had won, there would be no difference really (assuming they made their own country, which i think they were going for)

it represents unwillibness to be represented by a corrupt government. said goverment has turned the image to racism. the north didnt start the war to end slavery faggots it was about tobaccoo and cotton money. but the pres can tell the fodder that. kek

The flag is not racist.
The idea it represents does not involve racism
The idea oversensitive special snowflakes think it represents involves racism.
But in reality it doesn't represent that idea.

it's racist because of its use during the civil rights struggle of the 50s / 60s. Nobody cares if it was used by those confederate faggots in the 1860s. The problem is that it was used by George Wallace and co. only 50/60 years ago.

The correct term for a black person has evolved over time. "Black" was considered worse then "nigger" for a while, whereas color(ed) has typically ridden somewhere in the middle.

Colored, specifically with the 'ed' is associated with the "separate but equal" doctrine which is why its got a bad rap.

I've lived in idaho and seen plenty of confederate flags up there.

It's the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia. A valiant fighting force of men who fought honorably and surrendered honorably there is nothing wrong with that flag.

No its historic and shows people where one is from!!!

im not defending it, but if during colonial america slaves were referred to as "people of color" and not "colored people", those terms would probably be switched today.
it's just about the association with the phrase, it's only negative. It's really have to remove a negative association with a phrase that's as widespread like that.

When words or phrases are systematically used to degrade or dehumanize people, getting those words or phrases back to a neutral connotation is pretty difficult, especially in the offended culture that exists today

yes

No. It's a flag. It's inanimate.
Also no. Race implies that some of us are not human.
Does it represent a group that is xenophobic? Sometimes.
Fuck off China Jew
Fuck off Russian Taliban

Herr is the truth .. no and I'm black and live in Alabama.. its not racist. But 99%of the backwoods hics use it as a symbal of white power. They have truly disgraced that flag of rebellion and are it a symbol of racism.

Out before you call me a nigger you boys gotta do better than that

You're so full of shit, it's hilarious. Listen to how idealistic you are about it. The confederate flag represents freedom and liberty, whereas the American Flag AT BEST represents "We the rich fucks want to control this country so we're going to pretend this 1% birtish tax is so brutal even though they invested everything in these colonies, we're going to revolt and kill all these young people to own this place."

fag

You seem angry...140 years too late.

>he north didnt start the war to end slavery
no one claimed it did. But the south defended slavery as a necessary evil in order to prop up their economy. Because you can bet your ass the "cash crops" were only such because labor was so incredibly cheap because of slavery. The entirety of the South's economy was being propped up by an enormous subsidy of free labor, and they refused to give that up (and rightfully so, since their economy was absolutely fucked without slavery)

> I'm black and live in Alabama
damn what's the average life expectancy for you there?

It represents the idea that it is OK to enslave the inferior race that is black people.

So yes it represents the idea of racism.

You may be ok with that racism, you may think its ok to enslave blacks, but the simple truth is that that flag represents the confederacy, the Confederacy stood for slavery, slavery is racist.

Transitive property bitch.

It's creator. William Tappan Thompson actually stated it represented white superiority... besides it a flag of a losing army what there to be proud of anyway?

No

If you don't think that flag is racist, you ARE a racist.

It was good enough for the roof of them duke boy's car

The USA, the UK, the French, the Spanish, the Dutch, all of the fucking world. stood for slavery

>The American flag is as much a symbol of treason against lawful government as any other flag.
But unlike the confederacy, they won.

Fuck off over privileged unproductive whitey.
Fuck off unprivileged nignog.

Both Idaho and Montana are full of white supremacists aren't they? I'm in Washington now.
Alabama is full of blacks, user. They're a majority in many regions of the state.

Fuck off Italy Greek mafia pussyfags

No, the flag is not racist. It is an inanimate object incapable of feeling disdain for people based on their race.

"It's not about actually being southern it's about being a rebel man!"

"This way when Civil World War II (sic) the yanks will be sandwiched. Classic pincher (sic) maneuver"

"I dunno I just like it."

"Because they WON the Civil War retard!"

All real quotes from people I've met in Montana with Confederate flags flying in the bed of their truck. Almost all of them were put at ease if I said "Bet it keeps those fuckin' niggers away." and all of them laughed.

Again, this is all anecdotal from a small population in rural Montana. I was flown in to be a bean counter for a mining company. The education level is low and conservative values get passed down along with Christianity. It's just how it do.

>confederate flag represents freedom and liberty

>Literally the biggest issue for the confederacy was slavery, which is taking away another man's freedom and liberty.

Ok buddy! Sure! You sure got me there. Yep....sure...

>Both Idaho and Montana are full of white supremacists aren't they? I'm in Washington now.
Can't speak for Montana, but Idaho is definitely full of racists.
Also Mormons for some reason.

Break it down people. Rich fag or p-poor fag? Thats ww3

Originally no. It was a battle and country flag of succession.
Only until around 1920 it became a symbol of racism. And in the 60s it was finally set in stone as such.

Now stop bitching and move on.

Not really, racism tends to stem from being in contact with the offending race and there simply aren't many blacks in Montana. They're just dumb.

If you can't see that it's all smoke and mirrors behind every flag, then you're either brainwashed (military) or blindly idealistic for some other reason. All the buzzwords are just feel-good shit that means nothing.

They all represent madness and death and decay and destruction, in addition to everything else.

DID stand for slavery. DID.

And if, today, there were waving around a flag that was raised in defiance of slavery being taken away, that flag would be a symbol of racism.

It is literally like saying a Nazi flag doesn't represent hatred against Jews. Does the flag stand for other things? Absolutely. Does it also stand for antisemitism? Again, absolutely.

You may agree with antisemitism, but that doesn't mean the Nazi flag doesn't represent antisemitism.

(and yes I think it about 100 years, in europe Nazis will be seen in the same light as confederate )

You're in Zion, but you haven't gotten to the next level.

Montanafag here, you must be talking about Missoula or somewhere in the valley because out here in the plains we racist as fuck.

HelloHello

Hello

It is real sad. The "best and brightest" from those areas who attend college end up taking remedial classes at first.

Vlcan we do this peacefully or are you guys goin down dirty?

That says a lot if they had to get someone to relocate to handle their books.

Only racist people like it

Nazis will be seen as the people who were trying to save not only Germany, but the European continent from the horrible low IQ peoples of the world.

Hello

u wot m8?

2 eDgY 4 mE

We live in a golden fucking age and you don't even know it. Human happiness is so fucking high and wars are at such an all time low that any other time period is all recorded history looks absolutely barbarous by comparison.

I'm a white person from Alabama, I can confirm this, theyres like two black people in my town but in the next town over they are the majority.

My town is full of Hispanics but I've never had any issue with any one really.

The flag isn't concious. It can't have an opinion. Fucking retard.

T.poorfag
I don't want everyone to die

It's not racist at all.

You have a lot of contact with darker shaded people?

A flag is not racist.
nor is a car. or a plane, or a map, or any other inanimate object.

But the ideals which that flag represents, the people that support that flag?
They are racist, and in that it is a racist _symbol_, just like a burning cross. just like a swastika painted on a synagogue, etc.

Its perhaps of interest that General Lee, whose flag that was, refused to ever wear the uniform of the Confederacy after the civil war, and ordered that the flag be never flown. On his death he was not buried in uniform, and no officers from his military time were permitted to attend in uniform. He himself stated that with the defeat of the South, that flag was a symbol of treason.

shame people nowadays dont have his integrity.

What towns are you talking about? I grew up and lived much of my earlier adult life in and around Birmingham.

Just be slaves with us, let the Robots be the masters? Just for a few years

Traitorous...yes, and represents those that supported the continuation of
slavery....so racist too...

Then everyone can ride motor vehicles for fun.

Sadly this is probably true. Humans have a tough time remembering when more then a generation has gone by (that is no living person to remember an event).

Media may actually buck this trend. It is easier to remember something when you have a video of it.

YEAH! They should have stayed slaves right! MURICA!......retard

I take it you don't live in Syria, Lybia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Turkey, Ukraine, Russia, or any of the other dozens of countries in the middle of insurgency, civil war, revolution, civil unrest, terrorist activity, etc. etc.

Just because the way your country goes to war means you can pretend you're at peace because your way of life doesn't change, doesn't change reality for the other people.

There's no shortage of war or suffering, and to say some bullshit like that is an indication of how isolated you are from the harsh realities of life. Things have only escalated in the past hundred years, and escalated dramatically.

Collinsvile, literally the most boring town in this state, or at least this county

Nano thread
The greatest threat, or our only hope? As I laid in bed staring at electron micrographs of virus the thought occupied my mind, that perhaps virus are the only thing preserving carbon life in the universe.
It is possible that this universe is a simulation by a higher form of life that is attempting to exterminate carbon life from it's own universe.
>We need immortality
>We need to colonize mars
>We need to terraform earth
>We need to mitigate seismic instability
>We need better nuclear facilities
>We need better grand designers
>We need better air quality control
>We need better understanding of our drugs
>We need better surveillance
>We need better dentistry
>We need better simulations
>We need better vocabulary
>We need better traitors
>We need better goals
>We need better self awareness
~Further concern was raised by the successful recreation of the infamous 1918 influenza virus in a laboratory

The flag itself cannot be racist, and (as Americans) flying it is a right. What doesn't help is idiots draping themselves in one before shooting up churches, small town rednecks flying it without so much as knowing who A.P. Hill or Stonewall Jackson was, and morons who think banning a flag will rid us of racism.