Student Loan thread. How much do you owe Sup Forums?

Student Loan thread. How much do you owe Sup Forums?

Me? Zero

Other urls found in this thread:

fortune.com/2014/05/01/wanted-1-4-million-new-supply-chain-workers-by-2018/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Took out 15k, have about 9k left to pay off, considering going to grad school and taking out another 30k. Kill me.

Zero. Live in a semi-functioning country amerifats.
Am a history student and a steel smithing apprentice. Will be taking a student loan for university in 2 years though.

9k isn't that bad. My brother is $150k in debt from his undergrad and MBA.

I don't know how he sleeps at night.

Indian,
education is cheap :^)

Then how do you explain all of these Indian students coming to America to go to University?

This leads me to believe that Indian universities are complete shit. If it's free then you probably get what you pay for.

Pay like 70 USD each semester, gotta love Norway

Incredible.

Left with about 35k in loans. Went for ten years. 2 bachelors, two associate degrees, and a business certificate. Loans are down to about 28k after 5 years out. Making 44k salary, was making 34k salary last contract. Teach elementary school.

1)its not free, my father is pretty rich
2)high population and not enough seats, plus 50% seats are reserved for sc/st and obc guys (Indian niggers, you know them when you see them) leeching our resources.

zero. decided not to go to university, seemed like a waste of money.
now i'm making £30k and all my mates are up to their eyeballs in debt.
not bragging really. the system lies to people. i just got lucky with my choices.

you know its bad when you've got niggers leeching off of niggers.

One bachelors, MS and MBA. Also Graduate Certificate.

Zero debt like OP. GI Bill.

kek

>My brother is $150k in debt

How the hell is this even possible?

Emory University. That's how. He did both his Bachelors and MBA on student loans. There was a time when we thought he was suicidal over his student loans.

If I were him I'd have killed myself by now. What a complete fool.

With the time spent in military and school how long did that take, what's current occupation, and current earnings?

I think no debt would be sweet but I really enjoyed getting wasted, taking too many drugs, and banging loose women. Pretty rad time. Not sure I would trade that for the military but everyone has their own way and that's cool.

>there was a time when we thought he was suicidal.....
Why isint he suicidal now? Did he succeed?

Did your grandmother pay it off for you? Mine did.

for a fucking MBA as well LOL

Was a college junior, ran out of money and joined the Navy.

Finished my Bachelors on active duty (the Navy paid for it) and worked on a MS and MBA at the same time, did it in two years. Had some of the GI Bill left over and used it for a Graduate Certificate.

Now I make around $100k. I'm in Supply Chain Management.

3 year advanced diploma electrical engineering technology, cost about $12K total but i fucked around and ended up around $20K in debt.

well worth the cost and time now making enough for family house car etc and job in very high demand

Dope, dude. I always wanted to persue business so I could make some real money. My uncle gets paid a shit ton for that too.

Yeah, wasn't a smart move on his part. When my grandmother died he used his part of his inheritance to pay most of it off.

I think he's got about $15k left, but he didn't get to use his inheritance to enrich his life or invest it like I did. It was in his bank account one day and gone the next.

Cheaper for me to pay tuition and and never graduate

If you're looking for a career change, supply chain management is the way to go. There is a HUGE shortage of SCM professionals and they're offering outrageous salaries these days.

fortune.com/2014/05/01/wanted-1-4-million-new-supply-chain-workers-by-2018/

not OP but everyone and their grandma has a business degree so jobs are very competative

people get stuck applying to jobs forever cause they either have no experience or connections to get above their peers so make sure you get either or both of those

Right - mad coincidence, but I got my end of year letter - tldr backstory: lazy cunt fuckhead... Anyways, I borrowed about 8g. That was 15 years ago, 9 months unemployed the whole time, decent to very good pay the whole fuckin time.. Still owe 4,800. What the actual fuck?

This is true. I had an advantage because I had years of experience in supply chain management in the Navy.

When fresh graduates were looking for job, I already had nearly a decade of practical working experience in my field in addition to my degree.

Here in Norway student loan is the last loan you pay off.
You actually save money by having that loan your whole life.

And when you die it doesnt get inherited by your family
Just gets deleted.

>be poor beaner from NJ go to Community college for free
>get bored halfway and join the Navy
>Do six years and get out
> Decide to enter CC in manhattan cause i get housing allowance with GI bill and the NYC rates are almost 4 grand a month.
>Pay only 500 a month for rent in my uncles tricked out attic apartment.
> dont need a car all i need is a mertro card
>MFW when i make almost 40K a year to not fail school.
>MFW since I was almost halfway done with college before i joined i can stretch it out all the way into my masters.

Realistically I'm probably going to stay in teaching. I made a hard decision long ago to actually do it. I spent the first few years avoiding it like the plague, which is why I went so long.

Future plans are for administration.ill do curriculum for a district. Probably top one it arufor no 100 to 120 depending on the area I end up at. Superintendent position is not appealing to me, nor is being a principal.

Yea I have a few friends who got MBA and were looking for jobs for months to years while working in retail. They took the first job they could so had no choice in their career. This was even in one of the largest cities in Canada so not like the market was the problem.

Guarantee I banged more women and got more wasted in the military than you did in college. Zero student loan debt is nice too.

A career in education is a pretty decent one though nothing wrong with that. Chances are switching to business you'd likely not do much better unless you got into sales and were good at it.

also navy fag currently living sweet GI bill life, what degree did you get and how did you get into supply chain management?

Around 25,000 but I'll probably never pay any of it

>Guarantee I banged more women and got more wasted in the military than you did in college.

No one gives a shit about that out of their 20s.

93K out of a 120K loan American. Got my BS degree in Figital Media & Film, from New England Institute of Art. AKA Ai school of Boston.

Did not get a job working in my field for 2 ysars. School got me a job working as phone Tech support. Said it was related enough for them to make a quota. Got laid off after 2 month.

No Jobs, moved away after 2 years found job. Start paying debt, relise im getting paid only 2 dollars more than minimum wage working for PSAV. Have to pay to park to eork 30$ a day. MFW thats 3 hours pay after taxes.

Run up CC Debt trying to survive.

So really im still in Debt by 104K due to 14K in CC Debt

shpuld i just kill myself?

can attest also navy fag, banged women all over south east asia and europe saw some amazing things, no college party i ever went to during leave while all my old buddies were in college can compare to doing blow of a hookers tits in thailand.

I was an LS for eight years. Got a masters in Supply Chain Management. Life is good.

£ 62,708.77

must seem like cake now that your not dealing with the shitty supply system the navy has.

Should add: I have a BA in Modern History and am about to finish an MA in Contemporary History and International Politics from a top 10 uni in the UK

Sound useless

at least here in freedomland those two could get you a gig with the state department

I was originally going to apply for a job with the Foreign Office after graduating but I honestly can't be fucked anymore so I'm gonna go teach English in China.

dick down chinks........bretty gud idea

I took the FSO test twice. It's hard as shit. I got to the interview section and was dropped from there. I admitted to going to rehab for alcoholism 6 years ago and they dropped me for that.

Zero as well. Got my bachelor's on a full-tuition academic scholarship.

I thought about going back to school for a master's, saved up a bit out-of-pocket, and then said "fuck it, it's meaningless" and spent it on scuba lessons, a new motorcycle, and some great workout equipment instead. Zero fucks given, best decision I've ever made.

True. I could teach some of the classes I'm taking from my experience in the Navy though. It actually made the Masters degree pretty easy for me.

Zero, we have gratis universities here

Seriously? What's on it?

I took the MI6 test which was one of those bs psychometric tests - is it the same kind of thing?

R$ 0,00 for 6 years of medical school
Feels good to be UFMG

It has different sections. Logic, politics, international relations, and then they give you a hypothetical situation and you have to write about how you'd deal with it.

"Country Bumfuckistan has invaded Ragheadistan and you have your citizens in the country. What do?"

Or

"Bumfuckistan has sustained a 9.0 earthquake. You have citizens in the country. What do?"

Yup, gonna go KMS. I wont ever make enough to pay this off.