Any medfags or ssri users?

any medfags or ssri users?

i have been using this shit for 4 days. already on the first day i had a hard time achieving orgasm and staying hard / aroused. dumped this shit 4 days ago but those problems have not vanished.

how fucked am i?

was on it for a year the supressions dissapear by the 2 week mark, also dont bother using zoloft it dosent help once it gets out of your system you notice no diffrence

though by day 8 - 9 it should very much be gone

I'm on Effexor. I think that's an SSRI? I can't tell if it's working on my depression or not but I haven't had an erection in the month and a half since I started. My libido was shit already but it's worse now.

Thinking of going to my doc and getting switched. Sertraline just makes me feel kind of flat. Haven't got the motivation to do anything.

These things take about a week before you feel anywhere close to normal. Take about 2 months for best effects and side effects to minimize. But making it hard to orgasm is the number 1 major side effect of these for men as a class.

bro listen the anorgasmia will go away after about a week. I would stay on it. It is a good medication honestly.

have a pic

I'm on lexapro. Been cheap and effective. My libedo is fine but harder to cum. Need lots of stimulation. Worse at night, better if I bone in the AM. Even better if I skip a day.

You should try exercise and and a better diet. Fucker.

try zoloft + coaxil combo, i did once and can't remember 25 hours of life

thanks, i hope so

>Haven't got the motivation to do anything.
i also experienced this
plus i slept 2 times 8 hour long a day
(since i lost my job i could afford that)

>bro listen the anorgasmia will go away after about a week. I would stay on it. It is a good medication honestly.
there were other sideeffects. i will consider staying on it but my general practitioner (a very young, attractive yet unexperience woman) is on vacation now.
>have a pic
thank you

Zoloft does the opposite for me. It makes me REALLY horny. Especially if I drink alcohol with it. Problem is it makes me very impulsive and it's gotten me in trouble more than once but damn I can fuck like a king.

You haven't been on them long enough to tell at all. You will go through this with another one. My first week I felt like I was on the come up of a speed dose. Teeth grinding, wired and tired at the same time and yawning like constantly. It gets better in a month. These drugs have long half lives and take awhile to build up to the theraputic level and longer for you to adjust.

But you are probably right and the doctor with 12 years of school plus residency and fellowship is wrong.

Yeah my diet isn't so bad but I'm in my 30's and never do anything physical. I'm only a little overweight but I'm sure it would help me a lot anyway. I just hate exercise...

>and it's gotten me in trouble more than once
How so? You rape a bitch because of your antidepressants?

Easier to exercise when your brain chemistry is back to normal. Stick with it.

Look op, not a medfag but those dickhats male $ by those companies to prescribe that shit to anyone & everyone. I was on remeron, paxil, zoloft, xanax, etc. I stopped taking everything & forced myself outside every day. It makes everything better. Sex is better. Libido is like hs. Literally everything. And it saves a lot of money. Again, not a dr but not everyone who gets a prescription needs one.

>taking an SSRI
>wondering when his sexual function will return to normal

I've got some bad news user...

SSRIs take a while to give you benefits. You'll notice the side-effects first. You should have stayed on it, spaz.

No I've ran around having tons of sex and got gonorrhea. I was arrested for shop lifting but the charges were dropped. I almost got arrested for domestic violence but the cops just told me to fuck off for the night.

Ive been on and off ssri's for at least a decade. Longest stretch of time was about 3 years.
It took about a month or 2 to finally be able to cum, but when I came, it was so intense, my legs shook. If you want a shortcut, smoke some weed and jerk it,thats what allowed me initially cum without waiting months.
side note: ssri's helped me smoke weed without getting panic attacks.

I work outside on the daily and I didn't do shit. Hence the SSRIs.

Did you discuss any of this with your doctor? That's kind of alarming man. You may not always be so lucky.

I mean the low impulse control. I'm assuming you discussed the gonorrhea with someone.

Those are common side effects from dopamine drugs like for parkisons. They make people lose impulse control. Wierd effect for a ssri or snri.

i also suffer under hypothyroidism/hashimoto and i think i makes it worse. i have to apply for jobs and can't just sleep all fucking day or trying to masturbate for like 2 hours.

>But you are probably right and the doctor with 12 years of school plus residency and fellowship is wrong.
12 years of school?

I kept downing bottles of liquor with it because it feels great! I stopped doing that shit though. Its bad news.

I've been on a few SSRIs and shit in my life, and my libido and ability to cum / stay hard has been fucked since.... but it's also alot to do with your mind, if you believe the side-effects and think that's what's causing it, it will make it worse.

But they are proven to cause issues... As some stated, give it a few weeks / months and you'll level out.

I didn't like any meds I was on, so I got off them all completely and doing intense CBT has been more helpful than any med ever was.

Is your hypothyroidism under control because it could be the whole problem. You will feel really gnarly for awhile but you probably going to be a blob until you adjust. An SNRI would probably be a better choice for you.

I started taking effexor like 8 months ago- it's an SNRI. I was worried it wasn't working at a month into taking it but after a couple months I feel amazing. Knocked my depression out so hard. I feel like my depression or anxiety doesn't stop me from doing things now. Good luck - as for libido mine really hasn't changed

Stick a butt plug up your ass when you fuck. You can thank me later.

Don't let the doctor put you on ANY dosage of Lithium. Shit fucked me up forever.

Thanks Sup Forumsro and yeah I think my shitty libido is more a function of the depression itself than the medication. I'm hoping it comes back. Not that I'm using my dick for anything these days other than peeing anyway, but it would be nice to have the option again.

so you experience problems up to now? when did you stop taking the drug?

>Is your hypothyroidism under control because it could be the whole problem.
they checked it and i take meds. but setralin weakens the effect of l-thyroxin (my doc didn't tell me that).

>An SNRI would probably be a better choice for you.
thanks, i will look it up

I've had issues, been off any SSRI / SNRI for several months now.... I think most of my problem is in my head though, because I started having "more" issues once I was on the meds, read online they are known to cause Erectile dysfunction, and orgasm issues... and then convinced myself that was the issue, and that is still the issue (despite being off the meds)

it's been proven, you tell yourself something enough times, you'll start to believe it / experience it.

I'm on SSRIs for two years. Can't complain, the stuff gets me through the day. Side effects for me are mild nausea and headache once in a while. 8/10 would recommend. Also as many posters stated you have to take the shit for a few weeks or month for your body to get used to it and the drug to take full effect. After that the side effects will most likely level out.

Should be gone pretty soon

Have you even read the paper that comes with the pills? On every ad it says it takes a month to start feeling good effects. If you are not having serious side effects you should keep using the drug

>Have you even read the paper that comes with the pills?
i have... eventually. but shit also interferes with the second drug i take (l-thyroxin against hypothyroidism/hashimoto) and my new gp haven't told me that.

> If you are not having serious side effects you should keep using the drug
there were also other side effects

Well that's fucking bullshit. I'm taking l-thyroxin too and it doesn't interfere with the SSRIs for shit. Also what kind of shitty doctor do you go to? He has to make you list all the other medication you take so he doesn't kill you by prescribing some drug that can lead to horrible interaction with the ones you take already. The doctor who prescribed the SSRIs to me also prescribed the l-thyroxin. So don't tell some shit about interferences and the SSRIs not working because of this.

I've taken sertraline (zoloft) up to 150mg/day for like a year and never heard of that, kinda weird but most issues iron themselves out after 2-3 weeks

Tyroid problems often look like mental problems. I had that checked before i went to a shrik. Are you shure you have mental issues and not just a physical illness?