youtube.com/watch?v=inr3nDkC394
rateyourmusic.com/~Androol
youtube.com/watch?v=2TOB2McGSVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just this from this year

please leave the thread

i thought this thread was for album of the year
if you meant awful of the year then you should have clarified

kek. but seriously how can you enjoy that saccharine manufactured crap?

yeah this is good, minzy is still my kpop aoty though

it makes me feel happy inside

fair enough

nice.

Someone had to do it first

>it makes me feel happy inside
aw. okay sorry for being rude

that's alright, you didn't know and you were curious

Sorry my taste is basic lmao

sorry you can't appreciate great hip-hop

>hip-hop
>great

Oh you're one of those idiots who can't understand music that isn't driven by melody

>who can't understand music that isn't driven by melody
nah i just don't like repetitive 4/4 beats with people talking over the top.

and it doesn't help if the person talking is a self-
righteous pseudo-intellecual spewing ignorant and contradictory political sentiments just to pander to a demographic

i forgot about that xiu-xiu album.. kind of ironic considering the title. great album though.

kek you don't understand the first thing about music kid

please enlighten me.

Remains was trash, I miss pre-screamo BLACKIE

fuckin shit dude you sound like every one of us circa like 2007 rap is crap bro am i right? fuck black people

>Remains was trash
but that dissonant and cacophonous live instrumentation tho. especially that sax..

I can't in one post or even thread, but you should listen to James Brown to get a good base understanding of black music.

i just bought grief as a passion what am i in for

>you don't like rap? wow you're so racist!
why do people do this? i swear this institutionalized white guilt is the main reason why hip hop is even popular today to begin with.

james brown is good. jazz is good. african folk music is good. hip-hop is bad.

again, why do you dumbshits always assume disliking hip-hop has to do with racial bias?

I was disappointed by that ambersmoke album, I don't tend to like the brighter end of his sound.

Lord Have Mercy Lord Have Mercy Lord Have Mercy Lord Have Mercy Lord Have Mercy Lord Have Mercy Lord Have Mercy Lord Have Mercy Lord Have Mercy Lord Have Mercy Lord Have Mercy Lord Have Mercy Lord Have Mercy Lord Have Mercy Lord Have Mercy Lord Have Mercy Lord Have Mercy Lord Have Mercy

>James Brown is good

Then you should like this song

youtube.com/watch?v=inr3nDkC394

If you're tempted to say, "It's just sampled, there's no talent in that," there is a rich, storied history of classical composers doing the exact same thing.

Listen to the rhyme schemes – that's where the music is. The meanings of things that are actually said in hip-hop are secondary to how they're said, e.g. the sounds of certain rhymes, how many syllables words have, how you stretch out, compress, or pronounce a word. Essentially, rappers are percussion instruments with incredible variety and the ability to impart direct meaning.

Why Eucalyptus out of curiosity? I thought it was just flirting with some alternative folk style acoustics while just adding random sound effects and sometimes some percussive beats to actually drive the song instead of feeling like some atmospheric synth nonsense, which it doesn't do a lot for me
I liked his other output but this one was just meh

>Listen to the rhyme schemes – that's where the music is. The meanings of things that are actually said in hip-hop are secondary to how they're said, e.g. the sounds of certain rhymes, how many syllables words have, how you stretch out, compress, or pronounce a word
that's not music. that's poetry. some rappers do it well. i'm not going to shit on the classics. but even then, it's primarily poetry with extremely minimal and simplistic musical qualities. i like music that's actually engaging. not something you can just bob your head to and relate to the lyrics.

modern hip-hop on the other hand is irredeemable shit.

Kendrick dick suckers are the worst and are almost always under 18 years old. They'll grow out of it soon. Or they won't and be one of those embarrassing 38 year olds still dressing like theyre black

w-what?

rateyourmusic.com/~Androol

That's simply untrue, but here's something that doesn't sound like what you're describing

youtube.com/watch?v=2TOB2McGSVw

It sounds like you just have a major hate-boner for Kendrick.

;)

>That's simply untrue
what is?
>but here's something that doesn't sound like what you're describing
you're right. it's much much worse

Have you listened to "Get Lucky"? Song of the summer for sure

Very good album

Please, please kill yourself. This was painful to read

No it's simply the endless praise and cognitive dissonance that people apply to hip hop. Artists like Nujabes and Kendrick who are heralded as the best artists of all time and thinking that anyone who disagrees "can't understand the music" is incredibly close minded. It's equivalent to ICP fans saying they don't care what anyone thinks because everyone is just a hater

Melodrama.

If you can't see past the pop appeal of get lucky you're blind

futility report is my aotysf

Aotynj

>nj
?

nigger jew

ah.

New jersey