How would Sup Forums feel about their brain being rewired into a robotic body ?

How would Sup Forums feel about their brain being rewired into a robotic body ?
I don't see this question often.
Personally I would change into a cyborg in a heartbeat if possible, even if I had to work years for the government or some shit, wouldn't mind at all if it expands lifespan for a decent amount.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayflick_limit
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0142961212003237
c60antiaging.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah, I'm going to have to say no, because I like having genitals.

You could always do it near the end of your lifespan, when the penis isn't as necessary anyway.

If it's advanced to the point of being similar to Raiden I might consider

But then I'm living an extended life with no dick, so what's the point?

As long as I don't have to abide by Asimov's laws.

I'll be honest and tell you I know jack shit about asimov, so please tell.
Getting out of this planet with minimal effort? You'll be partially robotic so it won't be such a hassle, there are already robotic senses and robotic dicks so what makes you think you can't make a future upgrade.

>all robots will have upgraded knee joints and mechanical parts for thousands of years of squatting

the future is now

I kek'd.
But I doubt the russians will achieve this.
It feels more of a stunt but such technology shouldn't be far away

Fucking Sup Forums doesn't care for immortality only jacking their fucking dick 24/7

>A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

>A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

>A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

What i'm saying is fuck self preservation. I would sacrifice many people to stay alive. So long as they aren't my friends.

I wouldn't want to be trapped in one machine. I want to be split everywhere on every server available so as long as the internet exists, part of me always will. As far as pleasure, that is as easy as loading a program and experiencing greater pleasure than any human body could ever generate. And the experience could feel like a lifetime. Or, all urges could vanish and it would be easy to shrug off. Either way, our shitty meatbodies are simply not enough for our minds.

*fuck the lack of self preservation

It would be fucked up if we were considered merely robot imo.
But yeah I sincerely agree.
Would be nice to live hundreds of years if humans prospere in outer space.

I'd love to be a cyborg... Imagen your brain with a link to the internet or shit like that

Well, my ideal would be opposite of that tbh, but I see from where you're going, more of a spiritual side I guess lol.
But I'd rather have the least amount of things connects to the net tbh.
As mechanical as it can get.

Self shameless Raiden bump.

Until you are unplugged or erased

I would do it, I want to see what humans are up to in 10,000 years if we make it that far.

So what?
It's like saying that you might have an accident.
It can happen or it can't.
Anyway I'll long have outlived the children of your children gramps!

And maybe slowly gain power and become a space outlaw.
Building your empire slowly for centuries.

those laws are not actually a thing, we are nowhere near close enough to making a robot that would need those rules. oh, and I almost forgot, the military is working on A.I. kill bots to replace soldiers.

Why bother? Niggers are cheaper and easier to replace.

But why can't they focus on mechanically enhacing soldiers?
It's tragic that we had a space race and not a immortality race.

I would get bored of being a space outlaw after a couple years. Instead I would try all the fun jobs. surgeon, engineer, pilot, captain, chef, research scientist, whatever I feel like trying. I would never stop studying and trying different careers

Killbots have a fundamental flaw.

Having all the time in the world also implies improving yourself. But eventually I think that would lead to disregarding normal humans and being an outlaw anyway.

we are making those exosuits, the next step is to either remove the human aspect of combine them.
>also as far as we can tell there is no reason for us to die, we know how we die, but there isn't a clear reason why.
>there are tons of basic animals that are immortal
>I am considering getting a phd in genetic research to try to make myself immortal

you have a point, I think eventually you couls very easily become an unfeeling ghost
kek

>but there isn't a clear reason why
Evolution. Heard of it, Mr. Geneticist? Need to make space for the new people. I could go on.

Welp if that's true I'd go for it user.
Even if only to make contributions in the field.
Recently I've read journals about how they cancelled the aging gene in rats and were gonna try with humans.
The more people working on it the better tbh.
I'd be a guinea pig lol

Even if you cancel our built-in self destruct, our bodies will break down from all the toxins we're exposed to and the normal errors that occur from cell replication.

you arre making a ton of sense, and I know jack shit about genetics. We can turn off and splice some genes now, what will we be able to do in 70 years? is dying in our genetic code? and if so, can it be turned off? the thing is, only a very small part of the population can become immortal

Oh look its another eugenics with technology thread.

I'd much rather be a robot as I stated but maybe the key to success could be in the union of both fields.
I dunno, I'm just interested in science not like I know a lot.

You can hace all the dicks you want if science is capable of delivering them.

>is dying in our genetic code?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayflick_limit

They have effectively stopped telomere shortening in rats.
Making older rats much faster and endurable than before.

Feel pain man

Fuck pain.
I wanna have time to do everything.

I wrote a paper about this exact shit a couple of years ago. It was about how carbon 60 allotropes are really dope and if you eat them your cells would THEORETICALLY die at half the normal rate. my main source was this russian study that fed rats the molecules and the rats lived twice as long. the problem is though that there is hardly any research on this.
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0142961212003237

If you read through the I, Robot series, you'd know the laws aren't that great. Asimov intended them to be flawed and circumventable.

So how do we get our hands on some carbon 60 allotropes?

But ive read recently something in that line from a reliable journal.
And it was effective.

we need to improve the DNA repair proteins.

why do you assume the cyborg body doesn't have a bepis

But why is so little being done tho?
Maybe the very powerfull are doing it under our noses?

I can't imagine an artificial penor feeling as good as the real thing. If they could fake those sensations, I guess you wouldn't need a peen (or women for that matter) anyway, as you could just run that subroutine and orgasm at will.

materials list:
>a helium baloon
>a vacuum chamber
>two carbon electrodes
>a high voltage power supply
>toloulene
>nice olive oil
create an electric arc between the carbon electrodes in a low pressure helium enviornment. this will produce a grey soot composed of carbon nanotubes and C60 molecules. dissolve the soot into the tolulene and somehow filter out the carbon nanotubes. then dry the tolulene/C60 mixture out and dillolve the C60 molecules in the olive oil ans they are not water soluible. this will create a purple mixture. ingest it.

>mapping every function and aspect of the brain with 21 theoretical neuroscientists
Holy shit people are fucking gullible.

Read the thread.
Or better just gtfo kid.

its probably way harder than we think, and holy shit the ethical concerns may stop the reputable labs from touching it. also immortality is what the crackpot basement scients strive for

So you can buy that shit off the net?

Stigmatized or not I see it as the only viable way to colonize humans tbh.
I wouldn't want to spend month getting backray radiation and fucking up my bones.

Humans are supposed to die. Its an important function of biology.

c60antiaging.com/
I don't know how pure it is though
maybe something could happen where as long as you are a useful part of society you get to live forever

Fuck that.

FUCK BIOLOGY 80 years ago if I said that there are 36 genders people would think I am crazy, but look at us now? why stop here?

hypothetically yes but the reality is far to tied to financial issues. Woould you want a samsung skull?

Sickness, defects, and disease are also part of biology, yet we cure them to artificially keep people alive.

Woah, sounds kinda risky with so little research but I'll keep a close eye to that.
>something could happen where as long as your useful you get to live forever
What do you mean user?

As stated I'd sell myself to any company if my conditions are met.
Maybe military work or something.
Who knows

Another Da Vinci will have to be born in order to accomplish that by 2045.

>As stated I'd sell myself to any company if my conditions are met.
sure

Anyone smart enough to do it will be smart enough not to do it.

if you are really useful you get to live longer

You don't even know them lol.
Poor trolling.

But you have to realize...It will eventually happen. If they don't, someone else in the near or distant future will. Whoever gets there first will dictate the course of humanity forever, and it may not be for the better.

>not having cyborg sex
>not having the ability to turn your pleasure receptors up to whatever you want

Don't like that idea.
If the process makes your lifespan longer by a good margin I see maybe working for a company 10-15 years only to pay for the body.

1000 years to the master class

eeh, nothing is certian. im out