Stranger Things

Now that the dust has settled, final verdict on this show?

It's a happy meal transformed into a show

reddit shit

7,5/10

Pretty inauthentic pandering to millenials that were never even in the 80s
Pretty lame desu, but I did kinda enjoy it, especially at first , underwhelming though

>you just know

7/10

Not great, but entertaining.

Some terrible acting from Ryder and the young girl though.

>implying I watch anything

Judging by the opinions all around me, it seems like it was a tvtropes the series and everyone creamed themselves every time they got a reference.

That's partially true, only people weren't creaming themselves over references, because the kids who watched and enjoyed Stranger Things hardly recognized any of them at all.

It's a 6/10 show at best that showed us nothing new or attempted to do anything out of the ordinary with the material. You only keep watching because of the awkwardly placed cliffhangers at the end of each episode, and then are left with an underwhelming feeling at the end, knowing just as much about the universe as you did when you first began.

Overrated pandering pleb shit.

Nice atmosphere and production value, but the story and characters fall into too many well-worn cliches

6/10. 8/10 if you really like Spielberg

It felt like an adaptation of a a mid to low-tier Stephen King novel

eleven/10 show my friend

it's OK

>le edgy opposite opinion to Reddit meme
Obligatory Sup Forums hatred aside, I really liked it. It's nothing special but it clearly isn't trying to, and that's what makes it comfy as fuck. The characters are likable and the actors are amazing, particularly the kids and the Eleven chick who has a better grasp on subtlety than actors thrice her age. I'm hoping season two holds up to expectations but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Good enjoyable fluff. But the inevitable contrarian hatred has now fully matured.

first episode or two or three were god tier

the next few were meh tier

the last ones were shit tier

>Good enjoyable fluff
this

le 80s pandering for the reddit crowd

you weren't supposed to know a bunch about the universe at the end. it was just about finding a kid who went missing under fucked up circumstances and how people who knew him reacted. if we were to follow a protagonist who worked in the lab and saw what they were discovering, it would be a different story.

>subtlety
>Eleven

Were you watching another show, junior?