American logic

>American logic.

What went wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

space.com/3332-nasa-finally-metric.html
youtube.com/watch?v=IzAqNSo5UsI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When you mail a letter, what order do you write the address?

Explaining to you "why" American logic is superior would tax your poor little Norwegian mind too much.

Just accept American dominance.

METRIC: Based on arbitrary and un-relatable definitions.

CENTIMETER - About one billionth of the distance between the North Pole and the Equator through Paris.
INCH - About the width of a man's thumb

METER - About ten millionth of the distance between the North Pole and the Equator through Paris.
YARD - Approximately one pace

DECIMETER - About one hundred millionth of the distance between the North Pole and the Equator through Paris.
FOOT - About the length of a foot in a boot

you cant make this work with rest of the world who use metric system dude , It might sound more sophisticated , easy and stuff to you , but to us it is batshit insane and useless

Month>day>year

max of 12>31>infinity

>those fake arbitrary definitions of metric distance
The actual metric system is even more autistic.

CENTIMETER - Distance light travels in a vacuum in 3.33564095 E-11 seconds

METER - Distance light travels in a vacuum in 3.33564095 E-9 seconds

DECIMETER - Distance light travels in a vacuum in 3.33564095 E-8 seconds

You should be using metric.

I don't care about Imperial vs Metric, but why M/D/Y?

Metric however easier to do calculation with due being divisible by 10.

hahahahaHAHAhaHa.

You believe we even think about the rest of the world?

Literally the only things I know about your country are Cockroach memes and that it's names after something we eat on one of our FREEDOM Holidays.

Nobody thinks " About one billionth of the distance between the North Pole and the Equator through Paris" when thinking of a cm for example. They just know the rough size or use a ruler. The metric system is superior in every conceivable way.

The rest of the world is also an inferior 3rd world shit hole in comparison turkroach.

The only place I've been where everything is as clean and "just works" as the USA is Dubai.

I do a lot of international travel, lots of cool places to visit, only place I'd ever want to live is the USA.

why mad tho

>idiot thinks there are more months in a year than there are days in a month
>makes the triangle smaller for month to try to argue this

wew lad, you almost had me there but that "pyramid" is so wrong your entire point is wrong

Europeans use millimeters to measure their cocks because inches are too big for them.

Celsius is pretty fucking retarded for human use given its basis is water. 0 freeze 100 boil
Fahrenheit is for people. 100 is really fucking hot. 0 is really fucking cold.
Im a people not a water.

Also imperial units are kick ass. For the Imperium of man motherfucker.

>your country is a shithole , so you must be wrong hahahaha
>proceeds to shill harder
wew

>amerifat education

Dont you guys not sleep with your fans on or something because you think itll kill you

We do use Queen's English once a year - Fourth of July (Independence form England). Everything else is spoken as "July 5th, July 6th" - so that is how we write it.

3/8 + 7/16 + 3/64 + 11/32 + 1/2 = imperial

9 + 11 + 1 + 8 + 12 = metric

Which one in easiest to add up?

It's fun being different. There is no reason for every country in the world to have the same System. The Euro exists because of the metric system. After that comes the world currency and the NWO. One world government.

Prease go

Not mad - just surprised you don't know us well enough.

We have Air Conditioning. Who needs a fan when you can tell your room exactly what temperature to be at all times?

But that doesn't explain the usage of M/D/Y. Both D/M/Y and Y/M/D have merit, but M/D/Y doesn't.

Are you stupid? Day is a short amount of time, so that comes first, month is a longer amount of time so that comes next after that a year

Here you go.

We don't sleep with our fans on because its actually cold outside at night. Unlike where yall bushmen live

Temperature is shit in both imperial and metric. You should be using the Kelvin scale.

0K = the lowest fucking temperature can't go any lower
0K to 250K = too fucking cold for people
300K ~= average room temperature
350K to inf = too fucking hot for people

everyone should be using kelvin

i wasnt talking to you hun

no, its not. 0 represents null, the inability of motion in matter hence freezing point. It makes perfect sense.
why do I need to know you well enough? Why all americans feel so important?

i wasnt talking to you either hun

See
But who fucking cares about the order for fuck sake

LOL

they relied on the metric system to get on the moon, since actual science is based on it

>Literally needed a nazi to design their rockets

NASA didn't use metric back then, and still isn't in complete use today.

>ask british friend about imperial system
>getting more and more drunk
>ask him if he wants to order a yard of beef and a gallon of beer and will he be paying in pounds
>he is becoming more irate
>tell him its a short walk home, around two leagues and a furlong
>he tells me that the imperial system won two world wars, conquered the world and put man on the moon

Top mad

>no, its not. 0 represents null, the inability of motion in matter hence freezing point. It makes perfect sense.

Only if you use Kelvin negro.
Matter still moves at 0 Celsius. 0 Celsius is waters freezing point. But water molecules are still moving at 0 Celsius.

are you sure?

BushNigger you talked about murica you talkin about me.

However the day is more important than the month, plus a day is within a month which is within a year so D/M/Y or the opposite make simple sense.

smallest to largest? Like day/month/year, street number, street name, suburb, state, country

herp derp

the imperial system is a joke

This isn't the original moon mission

Learn to read

>jealous of our BBC to smite your wife

i was talking to the korean person. its a common superstition in south korea than fans are dangerous when left on. it was a jab at him, nothing to do with your country at all. i am actually extremely confused where you even got the idea i was talking about america from...

i wasn't talking about the moon mission in my first post but the science behind it; learn to read

Thanks, Koreanbro.
You'll be a good state when we annex you.

I thought you guys still used it

You are essentially Britain and America combined so why not?

This just seems to be a preference issue

But you implied that the moon missions in the 60s had metric measuring behind it. And your article only says that astronauts "will" use the metric system.

yeah I forgot to add water in that sentence, the movement of water molecules in 0 celsius is close to unnoticable. Celsius is easier compared to kelvin or fahreneit because it uses numbers usually between -20 to lets say 40 , so every 1 celsius represents more information compared to fahreneit or kelvin.

You're both arguing with retards just let it go.

>It's another foreigner metric thread

Somebody want to tell me why Europeans act so goddamn offended that average Americans use gallons, pounds, miles and Fahrenheit?

I'm not retarded. Your fellow toothpaste tube is the stupid one here.

i didn't imply anything else than what i posted

Second best Korea belongs to Us

Probably every burger on Sup Forums has that image saved.

This image nails it. Don't use the imperial Jew.

They're obsessed with us. I can't blame them though given that the US is the greatest nation to ever grace this planet.

>defending primitive imperial system with insults
Wew retarded murka is retarded
Also. space.com/3332-nasa-finally-metric.html

>why do I need to know you well enough? Why all americans feel so important?
Because we're the best and most powerful nation in the world.

What is this then?

after russia, of course

if only you knew what they were cooking...

Why do you want us to change? There is nothing wrong with it. You want us to change so we can be like everyone else. You're just jealous of our success. Number one GDP. 300 years of using the same system and have never had a problem.

>british friend
Why was he mad?

So you're saying that the moon mission was achieved without using science based on the metric system? lmao burger education, science based on yards and ounces

thats what happens when half of the school day goes towards praying toward a flag

Avoirdupois system advantages:
>Easy to mentally size up an inch
>Easy to mentally size up a foot
>Easy to mentally size up a yard
>Can easily track miles traveled by time in transit (Average walking pace of a person is 3 miles in an hour)
>Easier to describe smaller increments of weather change in Fahrenheit
>Fahrenheit doesn't make you suicidal when you live in an Area that spends 6-8 months of the year below freezing
>Month day year written how spoken

But thank god it's easier for scientists to do math in metric.

no , you are not. You are similar to the erdoganless non muslim turkey. Niggers are your kurds , you all feel nationalistic as fuuuuck. There are lots of dumbfucks in your nation. Yeah it all adds up, literally english turkey

Do you spiders not salute the flag every morning?

Harvard
Yale
Princeton
MIT
Stanford
What do you have?

Americans don't add them up.

Your average burger, when he builds something out of wood, can't align the supports, for example, because he's incapable of working in fractions of an inch. I have seen some of the wonkiest metalwork by burgers, it's almost sad. The older guys know what they're doing, but they still can't get millimetre precision without grabbing a piece of paper to add up fractions.

For me, I just grab a metric caliper, measure a couple of points, and I can start welding shit together.

American engineers on the other hand use metric, and there's a reason for that. Older American marine engines use imperial on their nuts and bolts, and newer ones still do (exports sometimes use metric nuts and bolts), but the engine dimensions themselves are designed in metric and then they add the imperial in parenthesis.

The burgers here harping on about the greatness of imperial are the former, those who don't use it in a serious setting, or those who don't care if their homebuilt metal bench isn't completely flat because one leg is a few millimetres too long.

>no , you are not.
Our GDP, military, media influence, Etc. all point to the fact that we are.

We have education based on intelligence rather than the amout of money you can pay.

In my engineering classes, we did problems in both systems and I found the metric system to be much easier to work with. However, I never really developed an intuition with the metric system, and I definitely still do mental estimates in feet, inches, etc. in terms of dates, I always use the form YYYYmmDD, i.e. 20160516

Liberia and Myanmar have been to the moon?

so there are no negative points that would make you feel this country could have been better by doing stuff? Cmon man this not a contest you and I both know you are far from the best country in the world.

Although you might want to define the whole best country in your point of view.

>But thank god it's easier for scientists to do math in metric.
dude powers of 10 lmao
but seriously.
I would be considering suicide a lot more frequently if I had to remember
every imperial unit conversion factor. Reading articles written by yanks used to be
an exercise in frustration with your fucked up units, thankfully
I don't see imperial units used often anymore in american academics.
Just change over completely already.

Australians use the metric system for everything except measuring dicks cos it sounds better (and less accurate) to say 6 inches

I don't understand the point, it just makes it harder later in life, here in America they teach us the shitty imperial system when we are young then when you get to high school and do science they randomly switch to the metric system like wtf is the point in the imperial system then

Then what do you call the best country in the world?

Which one is currently being taught in school these days?

>Americans are so stupid that they can't just remember how big something is

You're using British Imperial measurements. That makes you a cuck.

You also have a nigger president so you're a double-quadruple-mega-cuck.

And you can't count to 100.

No one under 40 in the US thinks not moving to the metric system is a good idea desu.

Q. What went wrong with American logic?
A. American logic.

Obama's better than your Mussie mayor.
Niggers that love this country are as good as non-niggers in my eyes, and while Obama's an idiot, he loves this great nation.
GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
BEST NATION

Literal retard

Nass dosent use the metric or the imperial system when dealing with astronomical travels, they have their own measurement that us measured by the distance light travels in a alotted time

youtube.com/watch?v=IzAqNSo5UsI

And all of it is usable by shifting the decimal point, i.e. no crappy conversions of 12ths or 16ths or 1760ths.

>INCH - About the width of a man's thumb
who's thumb? how wide is it?

>YARD - Approximately one pace
how long is the man making said pace?

>FOOT - About the length of a foot in a boot
how long is the foot?

Everything they even killed 3000 their own people by taking down twin towers

Eat on one* of your FREEDOM days? It wouldn't be humble pie then.
(*: how many days do you that are freedom?
(4 July, OK.
(MLK Day?

America is in no way similar to Turkey, get that out of your head. Yea you'll see an American flag here and there, the Turkish flag is everywhere in Turkey, so are pictures of Ataturk.

Here's a kicker, in south west Turkey, sandbags piled up high and armed men in military uniform guarding a building, ask if that's military building, nope, police precinct, think to myself why the hell would a police precinct need armed military and sand bag protection, start wondering what they're waiting for.

Another thing, no garbage cans anywhere, ask Turk friend what's going on here bro, nowhere to throw out garbage, he turns sad, explains Kurds like placing bombs in them, so they got rid of them, just drop your garbage in the pile over there building up.

Taking a bus from one town to another, bus pulled over, everyone in panic on bus, soldiers walk in eyeing everyone in the face several seconds, ask everyone for ID, soldier asks me for ID, speak english tell him it's in my suitcase stored on bus, he winks says in broken english, "we're not on here for you my friend", taps his hand twice on my shoulder and smiles and nods, starts pulling horrified Turks off the bus interrogating them, one soldier talking to me the whole time like this is normal laughing with me asking me where I'm visiting and going and to enjoy myself and even where to go in Turkey, meanwhile a few Turks get back on bus heads down crying cause they were yelled at shoved around.

Anerifaggs are so proud of themselves on independence day every fucking house has at least 10 flags -.-

Uh, no the Euro doesn't exist 'cuz of the metric'. Many nations a long way from Europe use metric, and would never be 'NWO". Sheesh.

And in Croatia, every other dick had a cro flag tattooed on them.