Now that the dust has settled. Was it really that bad?

Now that the dust has settled. Was it really that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xui06jwWaAM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes.. I actually regretted wasting time "pre-viewing" this shit.

the dust is nowhere near settled. it's fucking terrible.

Ignoring the several production gaffes, it's really not bad at all. St. Anger is a quality song.

It's just lame/lackluster compared to the material they put out in their heyday and right when they were catching hella flak over cutting their hair.

Invisible kid the the worst goddamn song I've ever heard

Yeah it's pretty fucking bad for a Metallica album

St. Anger could have been good but James's vocals sucked. He's lost it.

No, but it's still their worst (not counting Lulu though even that got a bit too much hate as well)

The main problem (apart from the production of course) is that the songs drag on too long, this style of music should only got for 6 minutes tops but the album is full of 7 and 8 minute songs

Exactly!

It had so much potentially, but they screwed the pooch so fucking hard with it.

whenever you hear people talk about "the loudness wars" on how music was mastered, just consider that this album did it FIRST.

St. Anger is a shit album. yes.

St. Anger is also 100% ahead of the curve on the production trends that took over pop music for the next decade.

so it's both complete garbage, and incredible smart, at the same time.

It has some killer riffs and if you get used to the snare drum being tuned like that, you'll start liking it.

Also

>Shoot me again I ain't dead yet

Oasis were the pioneers of this though.

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=Xui06jwWaAM
Reminder

No, it's one of their best albums

Actually, I take that back. On second thought it's terrible.

FRANTIC-TIC-TIC-TIC-TIC-TIC-TIC-TIC-TOC

It's bad but it was the first "alternative" album I heard and it's probably the best school shooting soundtrack

Frantic gets stuck in my head way more than it should, those lyrics are way too easily memeable
Haven't even listened to the rest of the album, don't see any reason to

No, and anyone who tells you otherwise is a faggot

Kek - That is actually my fav song on the album

I listen to the full album once or twice a year. It's memorable in some of the worst ways possible, but it's so much better than Load/Reload and Death Magnetic.

It's a conversation piece of an album with nothing like it, which is why people talk about it 14 years after its release. It's not as awful as LULU and it actually has some good tracks.

>someone actually took this picture