Sup Forums I think I want to an hero

Sup Forums I think I want to an hero
I've tried before (intentional overdose) but was found and brought back both times
I've been doing okay in life the past few months but I still have no will to live. There's no end game for me.
I'm just going to fuck everything up again and if I don't life will just continue being exactly this shitty.
I failed a drug test for probation last week (Drug Court, not regular probation) and I guess I'll find out tomorrow what the consequences will be. It may be severe, it may be a slap on the wrist, but either way I don't see a point in begrudgingly dragging one foot in front of the other any longer.
Life fucking sucks and it's torture Sup Forums
What gives me the right to an hero? And what gives anyone else the right to ask me not to?
I need a girl like that Carter bitch to give me some reinforcement.

You have the right to end it if you wish, but any possibility of find happiness or anything good in life will die with you

Even if that were to happen, it still doesn't seem worth it

Being happy isn't enough to not kill yourself? Also how old are you user

I don't really know, is it?

I feel like when you talk about the possibility of things getting better being lost, or about missing out on good times, you have to remember that once you are dead you aren't conscious, you can't regret or miss anything. I find that really peaceful.

I find the thought of it peaceful. Albeit a bit freightening, because there's no sure idea of what happens once your heart stops beating and your consciousness leaves

I think the most logical answer to that is you and everything in your perception ceases to exist. Besides, there are like 200k deaths a day, over 108 billion people have lived and died. You will die eventually, your heart will stop, and whatever happens then will happen. Why wait.

Good point
Only thing I'm really concerned with is the people I'd leave behind
My girlfriend has put up with so much of my shit, and she would be crushed
Possibly permanently

My mother is susceptible to severe depression, I'm In a similar place, man.

Hey OP. As someone severely depressed, find a reason to live. That's what I'm doing with myself right now. Hard to do but may as well try to add meaning to my life. Hope this helps.

Meh, It's hard to say. Sounds like your life is pretty fucked but that's never the issue is it? no matter how great everything is going, you still feel like shit. I would tell you to get help but it's really hard to do that, I know. Just make sure you have no regrets if you do decide to do it. Good luck Sup Forumsro, you're not alone.

people have been in your position before, thinking that there's no way life can get better and you might aswell die but it can. Don't make a permanent decision to what could be a temporary situation even if it doesn't seem like it

you obviously have no idea what it feels like

And there's no way to mend their broken hearts after you're gone. They may never get over it. She's been with me through so much even when I treated her so badly. It would essentially be a "fuck you"

This is easier said then done

Than*

if you go through with it, I think you need to think of it as the end, of everything. Don't cling to that "we don't know what happens" crap. Your decision should be to END it. The end. Game over. if you cant accept that as an absolute, you don't really want to kill yourself

I wish that was true

"Someday you will die somehow and something's going to steal your carbon" -Modest Mouse (worth a listen OP

Life, inherently, is the problem

Love MM. Parting of the Sensory.

World At Large is a good listen to right now...

That whole album is pretty somber

Use a gun. It's over 88% effective -- the best tool for suicide. You could also use CO, as that faggot Cody just demonstrated. Drug OD has a very low success rate, which is why women use it. They want to be found and pitied.

Asking what gives you the right to end your own fucking life makes you a pussy who really should an hero.

Hope this helps!

>over 88% effective

12% is really an unacceptable failure rate in this instance.

Drug OD's are common. And to shoot 10 bags of heroin would pretty much seal the deal, trust me

Do you genuinely believe that?

Nice trips
And maybe it's just my capacity to live and enjoy it without being a fucking scumbag degenerate loser
I know it can get better but it seems like there's something in me that won't let it

>I know it can get better

hah. that's not real depression.

Yeah, but you have to account for retards who don't bother to research where to aim.

Plus, if you use a shotgun the number goes to like 95%.

you're an idiot. Depression isn't a fear of it getting better, it's the fear of knowing that it getting worse is always around the corner.

>implying you have to be depressed to want to end your life

interesting, explain.

No, you're an idiot. Not the person you're responding to, but his point (which you missed) is that a truly depressed person would never say that they know it can get better.

that's not what i meant. depression is abject hopelessness.

>it's the fear of knowing that it getting worse is always around the corner.

wrong. it can't "get worse" when you're depressed.

Could be a complete nihilist, if life is meaningless then "making your own meaning" is meaningless as well, the only escape is death.

Ok dude. I have MDD. I know it CAN get better, but the will to try is gone. Apathy overwhelms me everytime I even think about trying. That's depression. Dumbfuck.

yeah, it can. That's when you kill yourself.

yeah well I just drank a half glass of spoiled milk before noticing

at least you don't have that impending dread. i can feel it in my stomach, working its way back up.

There's just really no point.
Say I actually put some effort in and my life were beyond my wildest dreams, what exactly is the point? Who cares? It still means nothing and it never will.

>I have MDD
Lemme guess. Self-diagnosed?

Hmm. the concept of making your own meaning via anhero is kind of contradictory. But, I can see it as a final "fuck you" to the world and finding meaning in that. I consider myself a nihilist but I also have a depression problem so its kinda weird to think about

Oh no I didn't mean death being you making a meaning, that's just what I always see these Internet "nihilists" say which to me is really stupid. Death is just a way to stop experiencing everything which is meaningless.

Well the issue there is placing value in the value other people place in your effort. But, with depression, it's kind of contradictory because it makes you very insecure because you feel worthless. A difficult obstacle for sure. Haven't figured it out completely, myself.

Lol no. Got the paperwork and everything.

It doesn't even have to be a fuck you. You're just sick of the boring, pointless game, so you decide to stop playing.

NAD+ therapy or DMT.

To clarify I always see Internet nubilists say shit like "I'm a nihilist but I believe even though life is meaningless and there is no God, you can make your own meaning and find happiness I life I.e endoism"

ahhh ok. So its a way of becoming the meaningless.

yeah. I definitely get that. But In also see it as a game, and if I kill myself. The game wins. Just different perspectives I guess.

Accepting that it can get better is a good step, that's why you shouldn't when it, what if life is better in a few years

yeah, that's kinda how I see it. The word meaning is only pertinent to the person who finds it.

You're here to vent. I've been here before, confessing my own failure and final despair. You would have just done it if you reached the point of no return. Do you have it in you to wake up tomorrow and face the day? Can you realistically survive tomorrow? I think you can, even though your punishment will be harsh. You will never turn yourself around in a moment of clarity. You will never find whatever you are looking fore with some brilliant realization. Take the day as it comes. Do your best, in some small way for anything, even if it's the smallest task that will help you in the future. And keep doing that, day after day. Are you a man? Bit by tiny bit, do what it takes.

Can confirm.
Killed myself in previous life.

kek

lul

Do you feel the same way about quitting a shitty video game?

Shit, and you respawned into the same game? Sucks to be you.

Honestly, yeah lol. I'm too stubborn for my own good

Yeah dude, No Man's Sky sucked ass