Unpopular opinion thread

unpopular opinion thread

I'll start with pic-related being better than Souvlaki and Loveless

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/163012604
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

THEY'LL NEVER INVADE HER NOW

That's a correct opinion, user. For all Souvlaki and Loveless are great, Nowhere is on another level entirely.

I put Nowhere and Souvlaki on the same level, and Loveless one notch below. I do like all three quite a lot, though.

Can somebody red-pill me on this album?

When you play it there is nice sound in your ear holes.

Ok, right. I think I get it now. Thanks, Mr. Trips.

All the opinions in this thread are wrong so far. Good night gentlemen

Or maybe it's you who is wrong.

Mike Love wasn't really a dick. As the cowriter of most of the Beach Boys songs and hits, he had a say in the creative process. Brian sat at home all year doing acid and dope with jobless poet leeches and churns out a bunch of art fag music and Mike Love is like, "this isn't the Beach Boys sound" and he was right. I do like Pet Sounds but I sympathize with Mike Love as the songwriting partner who'd dedicated his adult life to a group and having his creative input completely rejected, then becoming "the bad guy" in popular lore because a bunch of baby boomers circle jerked about how good it really was 20 years after it came out

lel

John Lennon didn't beat his wife

Loveless>Nowhere>Souvlaki

Imo pretty clear cut power rankings

if this has the 2 EPs behind it: Fall and Today...
then it's a very complete album to experience

Nowhere itself has good songs but don't click that much compared to Souvlaki and Loveless

Weather Diaries > MVB >>> Slowdive (2017)

more like

I used to think that, but now

Loveless>Nowhere>Souvlaki

Ride is fucking britpop shite m8

When will this meme stop.
They where clearly influenced by american music, R.E.M and the 80s college rock scene at the start and fuckep up Carnival of Light because they where trying too hard to be Neil Young (and The Byrds)
The only britpop connection was Andy joining Oasis, but even that was way after the britpop craze and was there just to get a paycheck.

I unironically like DragonForce.

I think that im the only oldfag left on this board.

This is better than Nowhere desu

I'm still here

pffft... ive been here since last summer
dont @ me

you dont count nigger

yeah user so hella epic but 8 years of shitposting I will never get back.

Live Light > Carnival of Light
It has the best tracks of that album without the thin production. "Birdman" and "only now" that are pretty lame in the album, sounded really good live. "From time to time" has to be the most underrated song ever

Today forever >>> GBA > Smile > Nowhere > Live Light > Weather Diaries > Carnival of light > Tarantula

I've been on Sup Forums since like October of 2008

i'll agree it's better than souvlaki but saying nowhere is better than loveless is just wrong and you all know it's wrong

Today is pure bliss though
Nowhere is a bit more boring than the rest but it has surpringly a good consistency and connection between the tracks

I'm old enough to remember the dissapointment when the video for "I dont know where it comes from" aired for the first time and we couldnt believe it was Ride.
Also bought Souvlaki the week it came out

Why you guy keep forgeting about this one?
"Ice age" alone is better than Slowdives whole catalog.

Agree but it's still not a good album

I like Souvlaki better than Loveless.

because maybe this is an underground genre that only has a few classics in the spotlight and that's it?
it's like asking why Pale Saints isn't more popular when The Comforts of Madness was released before the holy trinity

All better than your meme shit.

That Pale Saints album was really good, but when shoegaze became a thing they had already lost their main songwriter and where derivative af to the point of self parody (like The Farm for madchester).
BoS on the other hand where the american MBV, but I guess they got lost in the shuffle when grunge happened.
>tfw my big sister went to this show, she did too much acid and left halfway trough mvb set, doesnt remember much
vimeo.com/163012604

Fuck off kid, adults are talking
You also posted the wrong albums from those artists, APTBS s/t was their best, Darklands is overrated and Ringo Deathstsar are shit

Ok Anthony you can go now and do your video now.

Funny thing is that Curve was way bigger than the "holy trinity" bands at the time yet they never get mentioned. But guess thats what happens when you are better at singles than albums, i have a soft spot for Cuckoo thou
Maybe the new reissues will fix this

My nigga

Saw Ride the other week and it was one of the tightest sets I've ever seen. Without a doubt highest tier shoegaze

They always where by far the best live band from the genre. Saw the drummer playing with JAMC before Ride reunited and he was pretty much the only good thing from that show

Pls tell me they still play Unfamiliar

idk if this is unpopular but i think asia makes the best pop music in the world

that album cover looks like a yugioh card

i kind of agree though, even if they were poor performers, they knew how to produce some good songs

power metal is mostly a meme and over-the-top anyways so i don't understand the extra hate they tend to get