You have 30 seconds to describe why this person is the best hitter of all time

You have 30 seconds to describe why this person is the best hitter of all time

he's not
If the legends are true that he could hit for a lot more power if he wanted to then maybe he'd have an argument. If he had 200 more home runs in exchange for 500 hits that would be great.

but he willingly chose to be a singles hitter, props for being the best singles hitter of all time I guess, at least he's the best at what he chose to do

>le zero power chink man

>Le slappy pappy chinaman

He's the Blake Bortles and Russell Westbrook of the MLB, just a stat padder out for his own numbers.

Has Ichiro ever intentionally hit a sacrifice fly to advance a runner?

One of the best is debatable, the best? Not a chance.

Are there animes about this man?

his hitting + defense makes him top 3 at least all time

>muh power

lel fucking fans of basement dwellers

Team cancer.

He's not even the best hitter from china

>Old fags holding a candle to modern superstars
No.

>le infield single man
>le never walks man

m-muh batting average

I N S C R U T A B L E

Dude had 4 elite tools and an iconic career. Guaranteed first ballot HOF but nowhere near GOAT hitter. Not even top 100.

1. Ted Williams
2. Barry Bonds
3. Tony Gwynn
4. Babe Ruth
5. Wade Boggs

more hits than rose

Bonds, Gwynn, Williams, singlesbitchbabby Rose
throw whoever you want to round out the top 5, idgaf

One of the things that always weirded me out about baseball was how legends keep playing so long after their prime.
Dude hasn't been anywhere close to his best in a decade yet here he is, still playing.
Seems like it'd be frustrating as hell to be so mediocre at a game you used to be great at.

steroid era prolonged careers

if you look at the last few all star games almost all of the are 27 or younger.

At least he didn't keep a team irrelevant by demanding playtime while being a shit like Jeter/Aroid
But then again, Miami is keeping itself irrelevant without his help

a-rod carried the yanks to the playoffs in 2015 at 40, granted we lost right away in the playoffs but it was impressive for his age and the hip surgeries.