My brother died a few days ago and I wanted to ask b if not going to the funeral would be a bad thing...

My brother died a few days ago and I wanted to ask b if not going to the funeral would be a bad thing? I want my last memory to be of him when he was alive and smiling, not laying in a coffin. What do you kids think?

My best friend died of heart failure recently. Last time I saw him he was smiling like you said. I didn't want to go and see him in a coffin, but I felt like I owed it to him to pay my respects. My other friend who was closer to him didn't want to see him like that and didn't go. It's your choice, sorry for your loss OP.

thanks for that, I was leaning towards "not going" but I didn't know if that was something disrespectful

This may not make sense now OP, but you need to go. The dead are dead, and while your brother was an amazing person in life he is gone now and you need to fully understand that. Going to the funeral is essential to the recovery process.

you HAVE TO!!!
sorry OP :I

You'll regret not going.

Your family will probably dont understand but it's your call OP, you should go and say goodbye to his bodie tho

This. You don't believe it, but it actually does help.

I would recommend you go. The biggest reason is to be there to help support your family

You kids are right, It would be something selfish if I didnt go. I would be protecting myself but you are right. I guess I just don't know how to minimize this pain. But you are right. I need to go

i didnt go to my great uncle's funeral two days ago and i feel like mixed emotions. on one hand i feel bad i didnt get to see him one last time but from what i hear a lot of drama went on during that funeral

Went through the same thing with my nephew who was like a little brother to me. I made through visitation but couldn't bring myself to go to the funeral. It was too much for me. It's just something you have to decide for yourself, you're the one who has to live with it

You gotta go man.

Funerals are for Fam. Gotta be there for fam dog dog. Misery loves company.

Lol, look at this captcha

Fuck you he deserves to be dead faggot

Not a kid.
You gotta go, its one of those things in life. You don't have to view the body in the coffin.
Also rituals like funerals do help with the griefing process. As fake as they are and shit imo they do help, all cultures have various forms for a reason beyond "afterlife".

Op Here

I have made up my mind, I will be going. Thanks for all the feedback .

Robin?

sorry friend, no

Either way sorry about your loss. My good friend and cousin just died as well. Shit fucking sucks. Can't imagine what it would be like were it my brother. Fell better dude

thank you sir, this is a kind of pain that I would not wish on my worst enemy. I got cheated on after 3 years to my first love and that is no where near the kind of pain that this is

I thought the same thing OP when my grandpa died but go to the funeral, you will regret it if you don't. If you fear not remembering your brother alive and smiling just don't look in his casket during the service. That's what I did at my grandpa's funeral at least.

Go if you think you need to... or if the needs of your family outweigh your desire not to go. I don't think there is a right answer.

My brother is in prison, sometimes I think it would be less traumatic to my whole family if he had just died instead.

You should go, dude. Funerals aren't for happy memories, they're for catharsis.

Good luck to you OP. Sorry for your loss.

Löao

To see some preacher intone Bible verses that mean NOTHING and say NOTHING about the person who as died?

Remember him for his life. Play his favorite music.

The purpose of you attending your brothers funeral is not to give comfort to him but to give comfort to the rest of his family and friends. Plus you may never regret going but you might regret not going.