Brit here, looking to get into baseball. What team should I support...

Brit here, looking to get into baseball. What team should I support? Ideally looking for a well-established team with a lot of history with a nice stadium. Don't necessarily have to be successful recently.

Bump

Tampa Bay Rays

Oakland Athletics

Diamondbacks

Pick an east coast team to mitigate the problem of the time difference. The Yankees or Boston are probably the best options.

Convince me

Would rather not support a team on the West Coast though because of the time difference.

>Ideally looking for a well-established team with a lot of history with a nice stadium.

So that means expansion teams are out, also you're looking for east coast teams and nice stadiums. Most stadiums are nice, there are only a few shitty ones. That leaves:

Boston Red Sox
Baltimore Orioles
Atlanta Braves (new stadium opening this year)
St. Louis Cardinals
Cleveland Indians
Cincinnati Reds
Minnesota Twins
Chicago White Sox

A few of those are central time.

I think the best fit for you would be the Baltimore Orioles. They have history, made the playoffs last year, and play in one of the best stadiums.

Orioles sound good. As an added bonus, I am actually planning on going to Baltimore this year.

Also the logo is a smug meme blackface bird

Careful, the Orioles haven't won since like 1979 and only have 2 or 3 titles total. Don't expect to see them lifting a trophy any time soon.

This user is right though , they're stadium is incredible. Shame that the rest of the city is such a shithole.

>Careful, the Orioles haven't won since like 1979 and only have 2 or 3 titles total. Don't expect to see them lifting a trophy any time soon.

Fine by me. Muh history > current success

Dont do it man

*their stadium

Right, but they don't even have >muh history. If you want >muh history, go with the Yankees or something.

Aren't the Yankees basically like the Man United of baseball though?

cheer for the Blue Jays Britbong! They're the only Canadian team so support the commonwealth
The team has made it to 2 straight semi-finals in the playoffs after a deficit of 15 years, where we won back to back world series. Anyway we have 2 of the best home run hitters in the game, and a pitching rotation that's way better than anyone expected.

The Cubs have been around since like 1880, have a nice stadium, and just won the title for the first time since 1908. They're central time though, so there's like a 6 hour difference between >us and you.

What about the Phillies?

>Man United of baseball

That's honestly an insult to the Yankees. United won like half of their titles in the past 25 years. The Yankees have been winning since 1918. 43 AL titles, 27 AL titles....they're more like the Real Madrid of baseball. No club sums up >muh history better than them, if you list the most legendary baseball players like half of them are from the Yankees.

But they haven't won the title since 2009.

Shit team, shit fanbase, shit city (like America's Newcastle), but I guess they would be easy for you to watch and they definitely have some history.

only 4 teams have shit ballparks. the cubs, red sox, rays and a's.

The other team actually to think about is the Pittsburgh Pirates. They also have a lot of history and their stadium is considered the nicest in baseball. It's basically a major league stadium designed to look like a minor league ballpark.

no dont choose them

>be Pirates fan
>one of your players hits a triple
>Red Sox/Yankees/Dodgers offer him a $200 million contract and he's gone the next month

>cubs
>shit ballpark

blasphemy

I'm going to DC, Baltimore and Philadelphia. If I were to pick a team out of those 3 which should it be?

baltimore

Phillies are a decent team to support. They're down right now, but they'll rise up again in the next few years.

>Do you like being drunk and rowdy?
Phillies
>Are you a classier kind of guy then that?
Orioles
>Are you black?
DC

Orioles it is then.

Is it easy to get tickets?

baltimore is the nigger town

Thats insulting, >we do it through consistently getting absurdly lucky in prospect trading. Just look at Gary Sanchez, complete luck and he is already shaping up to be a god.

Ever since free agency started which is theoretically when being able to buy championships started the Yankees have won less often. >We don't get star players through cash but those star players are kept under lock in key through absurd amounts of cash which is why the Yankees are always paying luxury tax.

Yeah if you want a list of teams that bought their championships it pretty much begins and ends with the Miami Marlin who did it twice then sold off everyone directly after because they couldn't afford all those star players.

nippon ham fighters