You are offered a trip in a time machine into the future exactly 10,000 years...

You are offered a trip in a time machine into the future exactly 10,000 years. It's a one-way trip and there's no guarantee that humanity will exist when you arrive. Do you stay or go and why?

I'd go. I'm just incredibly curious about what out fate may be.
Did we sort out our shit or did we just get worse?

Same, maybe it would be fucking awesome in the future. And if people were there you would be like a celebrity, living history.

Two possibilities (ok main possibilities)
either humanity is fucked as in idiocracy and you'd be the smartest man alive
or
planet is hyper 'evolved' and humanity would be exploring the stars 'n' shit

either way I'd give it a look

Might arrive to a barren wasteland after we nuked it

Humanity would have to exist, time travel is A - B, B isn't possible without a human construct for receiving travelers. That is of course if the destination is earth or some human inhabited planet. However, if B is of alien technology, only 2 outcomes are possible. The aliens are friendly and are accepting of our presence and travel, or they are utilizing time travel for nefarious reasons. Who's to say that the universe even exists, for everything that has a beginning has an end.

I was going for more of a theoretical situation where a magic time machine just beams you forward and you're still on earth. I think the universe should last at least 10,000 more years right? It's been hanging around for billions already.

Yes. Future alien tits.

English as we know it wouldn't exist 10,000 years in the future, probably not even well enough for them to be able to translate me.

So I'd have to learn a new language from scratch where neither party know the other's language, or just hope they have a way to decipher the meaning of any words spoken.

The future isn't certain. Supermassive singularities are always growing, expanding. Who's to say that one of these behemoths won't devour the universe as we know it? The Big Bang happened in an instant and set everything in motion. Maybe a supernova will cause a chain reaction, erasing all existence with heat beyond imagination.

Go. Maybe I would find people who caught up with me; if not, it would be the same. If humanity had destroyed itself, I would be okay with that, because it was expected, and I would just be the last.

True - but if that were the case after 10000 years some form of life would have superseded us. As long as its something other than rats/cockroaches

I knot that feel user

HUGE FUTURE TITS

So ultimately it would be a lose/lose in that scenario. Then what would be the drawback of trying?

No, Cause of the advanced evolution of disease, you'd most likely get sick and die pretty quick because of your instantly 10,000 year out of date immune system.

That my friend is the meaning of life. To question everything that means nothing in the end.

Also any pathogens you carry would usher in a new plague. So I'd totally go.

Probably not. I feel like it's unlikely humans will make it that far without fucking ourselves up. And if they do, there's no way I'd be able to integrate with that society- it'd be like a caveman traveling to modern times.

The shortest human beings will be 10 feet tall, hell no

CRISPR. Look it up.

Sometimes I look at the dumb people around me and think I wish I was the dumb one, I think I'd be happier that way. I guess this would put that theory to the test.

And? Imagine how important that would be to them. You would be a superstar, and have no want. It would be like if a Neanderthal showed up one day now. That individual would be so important to understanding the past, they could live like a king without the negative cost of actually being one. Kind of like a Hollywood star.

But then again, it could end up like The Planet of the Apes, if it were a more primitive culture.

No I don't think that would work. Assume they evovled from us, the "humans" immune system would/should be able 2 handle anything u bring with you. Kinda like how if u went back in time U'd mostly be fine from diseases but you'd wipe out half a continent with the shit u bring.
CRISPR lets you modify the genetics of regular adults? I'm pretty sure that would only be remotely possible if you did genetic modification on an embryo that you were growing in a stable environment

Not him
Wasn't there a really bad movie where they unfroze some cavemen and they were celebrities

Sounds like this would be a great Twilight Zone

It's only in its early stages and hasn't really been used on humans, however the potential of it is insane. Literally altering DNA in real time, crazy times we live in.

i'd stay, the new future would probably have some fucked-up diseases that would kill me regardless of human presence.

sp00ky

Trouble is applying that to a potential seventy to eighty year life, where maybe only forty to fifty of it is your own, or healthy. Then letting go of what has been brainwashed for the first fifteen to forty... Is the program many of us grow up with better for society, or worse? Does it make civilization, or hold it back?

funny thing that, there are a bunch of stone age tribes being segregated somewhere in the world, if you could convince scientists to let 'em loose, you could test the theory.

Fuck no, that's stupid

I go, see a bright flash out the window, and am pleasantly surprised that humanity is dead and gone when the time machine ends.

I love expeditioneering, building canoes, bushcraft, and camping. A world turned back into a global wildlife park is an ideal world.

Implanting the idea of having a purpose for being is dangerous and is blantant brainwashing. Purpose gives life meaning, understanding that life has no purpose makes it lose its meaning.

ddsfg

I could get into this, especially if they sent some survival gear with me in the machine

What incentive would there be to go?

Lol only someone very unhappy with their current life or too curious for their own good would go.

>wtf
Watches at 0 $?

check and check