Alright, real shit b, did y'all feel bad for light? and let's say he DID win...

Alright, real shit b, did y'all feel bad for light? and let's say he DID win, and the death note at the ending scene was real and kira (light) walked out victorious, where would the show go from there? I can't sleep so yeah

Hello no. If anything, that asshole should've died much sooner.

nah nigga tryna play god and shit and think itd just be cool the fuck you thinkin bruh

no
I don't see where the show could have gone from there, without those cops trying to catch light/kira while he worked alongside them there wouldn't have really been much of a premise to the show

He was hardly an asshole and completely justified in his thinking. If he won at the end though he basically would have lived as an emperor from the shadows until his life was taken as normal.

yeah the whole God concept threw me off too. But the 2nd question y'all, the 2nd question. What if he DIDNT die?

i didn't like that anime. The netflix remake looks amazing though.

The second season was just a means to show Lights fall from superiority and the fallacy of man in 'There is always someone better then you'

OP here and I have this funny idea, the orphanage where where L and N were from was created for the sole purpose for housing children and mentoring them to be I guess you can say as "smart" as L. What if N died, and even more kids from the orphanage went after Kira/light again? Now that I think about it my idea sounded better in my head, cause i guess whatever ever happened to N would happen again. Or WOULD IT?

>wtf
Watches at 0 $?

You realize that if the shinigami exist then God as a central being probably doesn't in that case. In essence he was just acting as a mortal reaper

Wait you didn't like the magna/anime but you think Netflix's idea of death note looks better? Jesus

No, his dead was good... I did feel bad for him, he got cocky at the end, but at the beginning he did wanted to make the world fair, I mean religious people say
>don't worry god will judge them!
When they hear about a killer, robber, kidnapper, etc

So how was what he did any different? He had the power to judge and he used it
Him dying just made him kind of a martyr for me

he became progressively more insane as the show went on, absolute power corrupts absolutely yadda yadda yadda.

But let's say he did, he would think himself untouchable and either get JFK'd or nearly get killed to lock himself in a bunker which would eventually be bombed when people notice he can't write everyones name at once

No. He should have wrote his own stupid fucking name into the book and then burned the thing in episode 1.

Everything about Deathnote is stupid. It's like fodder for edgy teens. The effect it had on audiences makes it like the japanese version of Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas.

Just play season 2 on repeat in that case. The plot wouldn't evolve and you would be stuck at the begining. The original writers started writing in the ability to explore the shinigami king but it kinda got swept under the rug towards the end.

Triggered. Gtfo if you can't contribute to a fucking conversation.

OP in the show you could slowly see light becoming a tyrant. Yes in the beginning he could justify killing those inmates, but what about all the Detectives/innocent people. How long would it have been until he started killing people for simply offending him

Sorry, but the only people who like light are underage, and/or edgelords.

I did contribute to the conversation: Deathnote is shit. Cry more if it upsets you that someone didn't like your garbage.

I only felt bad for the people that didnt read the manga ending. Inb4 weeb. But no, he sacraficed his own families happiness/lives so fuck him.
There's also an alternative ending written by the creator where kira does win.

Kira was a vigilante, nothing wrong with taking the law into your own hands if it's what you believe in. He was essentially god on earth; he made his law clear and his punishments were plain as day. No one could hide, through the fear of god he was turning the world into a less evil place. If he won, his ideal world would have likely been achieved. Unless an O and a P showed up...

bruh speculation aside for a minute
either he bein a god or he bein a reaper he doin the same shit, like regardless of the label we provide for him the niggas actions still the same
the boy killed even the closest people around him he a fuckin dumbass nigga forreal
fuck outta here with that weak shit

I'm curious if he actually felt remorse for killing L. In the scene where he finally acomplishes this for several seconda he frowns over L's corpse before mentally cracking at his triumph. I think he actually expected not to win. That he DIDN'T want to win. And when he did he felt the need to go through with everything like a bad bet. N coming after him was like his subconcious desire coming back to haunt him.

Hahahahaha only children immediately dismiss anything as garbage because they 'don't like it'. Cool, you don't think it has any cinematic/literary value. Saying he should have an heroed is edgier then those teens you said the garbage belongs to. Everything has its value in some form or fashion.

I completely agree. Seeing him sitting the way he always sat while he was laying down on that stair case. Breathing his final breath, he saw L. And also after L died, I can't help and think he thought, fuck. What did I do? But then he was like nah don't think like that he's finally out of the way

It did happen, through mikami but he understood kiras mindset.

Do you get the concept of 'many before the one'? Regardless of whether he killed those he was closest to, he was killing off hundreds of people who were deranged and dangerous criminals. People who were taking advantage of and murdering possibly hundreds of thousands of people if left unchecked.

i wanted light to win so much because i hate near,but he did deserve to die..

The point in my opinion where he fell off the track from his moral high ground. He left his, well probably what he would consider duty and responsibility, behind in order to just go off on a chess match murder spree since he had no challenge anymore.

i stopped watching Death note after L died, it just wasn't the same. i have no idea how this shit ended

I can't help but feel he (if they had some way of giving him a trial anyways) would have been tried under war crimes. He was waging war in a sense.

Well seeing as he threatened the president and had the power to back it up, world leaders would probably attend in secret to see his execution.

OP here, so what do y'all think about Netflix's take on death note? I personally feel like it has a "video game movie" vibe. They are trying so hard but I feel like it's going to be ASS. I can't really say anything for sure tho since I haven't watched it and I want to stay open minded. But how do you feel about riyuk pressuring Light into using the note instead on light being curious and trying it? Light was top of his class, fit, chick magnet. This dude doesn't give me that vibe, and L is black? I can't say that part actually "bothers" me but, in the magna/anime. L would NEVERRRRR make a public announcement in person, it's just not a L thing to do, but in the Netflix trailer he does, like, tf.

There's no way it would be a secret event. That's a caliber of excution that would be broadcast live to the world.

OP, and this is L

and what about all the people he didnt or couldnt punish
nigga you cant get rid of all the fucked up people in the world as long as births keep happening you gonna have some thug niggas bustin your car window for an ipod nano
when he was wasting his time killing only the people in the news and shit people was cuttin heads off of kids in the middle east and shit how in the fuck you gonna punish those guys
you cant play god if you aint god bruh
point still stands that he a bitch nigga

This L looks like he has insomnia and is on drugs

There would be riots on an international sacle from his devout followers if they learned their god was being killed. Would be chaotic imo.

I think it's gonna suck pretty hard too. Artist's right to a product and so forth is going to just take away from back and forth nature of the manga/anime. Not sure but fingers always crossed.

Dude, the way your putting it is like saying "well if he can't kill all the criminals in the world he might as just well not do shit" I don't agree with that, he would always mention in due time crime would die off if the killings kept happening. So no, your wrong. He wouldn't have to kill every single criminal in the world, people would be to scared to even commit a petty crime. Use your head

Yeah of course fingers crossed

Oh you most definitwly can indeed play god when you aren't. People do it now on a global scale without having any ability to kill people literally at a whim. The fact is he would have turned into a symbol that people threated said children with.

On the flip side, he made a fucking point not to kill petty crime. Cool, some 'niggahs' bust in some windows for electronics shit. Fucking sucks but people suck in general. If you have a God king of sorts, you are going to have people funneling you the info on these child killers. People would live in fear of getting turned into the secret police.

Said it before I did XD
>but the niggahs and sand nighahas

Lmao forreal tho.
>light kills rapist murders and such
>is called a bitch nigga

and whats gonna happen when he dies
you think everything is gonna stay the same bruh
until someone else picks up a book and has the great fuckin idea all over again
theres a difference between playing god by controlling the masses and playing god by trying to rewrite all human brains into thinking one way and one way only

yeah people will be scared into not doing crime but that doesnt mean its not going to happen at all ever and the world will just be at peace forever nigga
im saying the whole effort was futile in the end because no matter how revered you are you have an expiration date, and even if you pass on the job to somebody else and then someone else, there's no guarantee that the somewhere down the line that the other dumbass nigga you give the book to isnt gonna fuck shit up completely

>Inb4 NIGAHNIGAHNIGAHNIGAH
>NIGGAHYOUDUMB

I'm not saying you don't have a point. But for that generation, for those children and for those who are vulnerable because a of maybe of a disability or something. Those people wouldn't have to live in fear. Near the end of the show, even the USA had a press conference about how all of their investigation teams for Kira are being disbanded. when the press asked why, the president answered with not seeing a real threat to people who were innocent and something like that. And even if he did win the confrontation with N and he passed it on to someone when he died from age or some shit. The public world would never find out. I mean REALLY REALLY think about it, even if the government found out Kira was dead, do you think they would say anything? The impact Kira had on the world, crime was at a all time low. They would want to keep it like that. No one would no Kira was dead, or atleast that's how I see it

Dude if you think its all pointless then you must have a shotty fucking life. At least if you try you stand the chance of actually causing a change and making a difference. You also can't live worried 'the next guy' is going to fuck your shit up. Literally Obama into Trump. Regardless if you are for one or the other, either Obama
>Niggah
fucked everything for Trump or Trump fucked everything up for the next guy.

Wtf L looks like a brit inbred
Death note is ruined again

Isn't there some speculation that Light becomes a Shinigami?

>but he dumb cause he killed people
I'm not entirely convinced it wouldn't end up in the hands of a rather devote religious group that, contrary to the corporations that abused it, would keep it under wraps and use it sparingly against those wishing to start war or commited high crimes.

None that I have heard but logic dictates there has to be a way for them to be created/born so it could be retconned in by the new adaptation.

THATS WHAT IM SAYING. IM THE ONE WHO POSTED THE PICS IN THE THREAD. Just snapshotting them for the thread to see made me cringe. Like I said Light looks like a some dude with insomnia and takes hard drugs. And L looks like a mini usher wtf is going on.

Deathnote:The untold story of American Segregation

for real i can understand that if he won against near and nobody ever found him he would have had a sizeable impact on general world happiness
but when kira or the person acting in kira's stead dies or fucks up and gets caught the government wouldnt have to tell anyone for people to figure it out
a crime that kira would normally punish ends up not getting punished, then more people commit more crimes, then eventually through media and word of mouth people would eventually figure it out and shit would go right back to where it was
>nigga

But how would a religious group or corporation get their hands on it? When the owner of the death note is going to die, the god of death takes the note back with them. Kira would never hand it over to someone he knew in fact didn't have the exact same intentions he had

Its not about about happiness but about justice. And all it takes is keeping things a secret. Whether somebody fucks up or not, all you have to do is sweep the problem under the rug and wipe the dirt off of your shoes. On a small scale it seems horrible but if it keeps the peace and scales of justice balanced, however precariously, it wouldn't be that different then things are now but with less crime and murder.

True but Light was able to hand it over to his qt3.1415 gf and it texhnically passed ownership. So if it kept getting passed along then all would be well. Unless the shinigami said fuck you I want my book anyways. Golden rule is whatever the writer says he wants to happen overwrites anything previously said.

Wait but your entire rant before was about what was the point of trying to make a perfect world in the first place my dude or
>nigga
That generation would live in peace and has a point as well. When things get messy throw them under the rug. Hypothetically at one point in the world of death note Kira would be in history books and as long as "messy things" were kept under the rug people would think Kira's trusty followers is doing the work for him after he passed on. It's 4:30 am where I am I've only had 2 hours of sleep so sorry if i don't make to much sense. But like I said, he tried like no one else. Props to Kira

But don't you remember she lost all her memory of the note because Light made her do it so she could be as clueless as ever and so he could hand it over to Mikami

One of my favorite quotes is "The victors write the history books". Kira could rewrite history however the fuck he wanted tbh. And at that point he could falsify as much info as he wanted to a point where people believed literaly anything Kira wanted them to.
>Ni-GAH

She lost her memory because she lost ownership of her book. All it does is takes all knowledge you gained of the notebook while it was in your possesion. If you have knowledge of the notebook beforehand it wouldn't affect it.

My
>n
>i
>g
You are correct

? are you sure about that last part?
>if you have knowledge of the notebook beforehand it wouldn't affect it
Once you agree to disband your ownership to the note you forget everything about what you did with the note. even if you knew the book existed your memories do not come back unless you touch it again

Wait what's the point of making L black? Just so they have a nigger in deathnote to be diverse? 98% of the characters in deathnote are supposed to be Japanese, because that's where the story takes place, not British and Black.

I thought the original picture was a meme or some shit not the actual actor playing L.

Sorry I think I explained badly. You can have an agenda set up and a sect dedicated to the book. At this point you would have a grand master who has control of the book decide who the next holder is and pass it to them. They would keep their memories of the sect and their training even after passing the notebook along even if they forgot their actions pertaining to the notebook. Roundabout way to address the issue of handing it off but, again, if the shinigami says fuck you then
>he technically has 2 books and haha >fuck you i want my book back.
They don't have to leave the book there for any reason. We just see them do it out of boredom.

I have no idea my dude. I thought it was strange too, I mean Netflix fucked up EVERYTHING. Misa isint even fucking blonde can you believe that?

Wat

That makes way more sense, I see it happening if they devs ever made it work like that if Light didn't die

Yeah, she's not a model either I believe. I believe she's attending Lights school from the looks of the trailer

But thats literally how they infiltrate the corporations... How would they even fix that plot problem if she didn't do any modeling... It's also how she ends up meeting light without the feds immediately figuring her out