Has Sup Forums ever saved a life?

Has Sup Forums ever saved a life?
Has Sup Forums ever seen a life taken?
What did you think about what you experienced?

I once helped a fallen motorcyclist. He was drunk

Jup! Saved three fishermen quite a bit off New York, they had been sitting in a life raft after their boat had an engine fire and sank.

>Has Sup Forums ever saved a life?
Twice. First time I simply catched a little shit that was running to traffic. Second time was me patching up a cut of some weird guy.

Truth be told I regret both, the fucking mother deserved what was coming to her and the other guy was most likely a hobo.
>Has Sup Forums ever seen a life taken?
Do animals count? If so, many. I had also seen many people "Going to sleep".
>What did you think about what you experienced?
Not really much. I was at peace with my own mortality long ago before the first time I had to face a departure.

Gave CPR to a woman who had jumped off a car park and landed in front of my car , Couldn't be saved in the end. Odd feeling having someone die in your hands , But did all anyone could do I guess. Have to drive past the point every day on the way to and from work which kinda sucks tho

You can't save hoes
They don't wanna be saved

Saw a fatal wreck happen 15 ft in front of me

I work as a first responder in the same area I live in. I drive by houses and down roads where I have seen horrific things happen. I always think about it everytime I go by a spot like that.

Saved a friend from commiting suicide. I guess it counts

I was abducted by a pedo and his gang friends when I was 12, forced to be a sex slave etc.
He friends took me along for one of their "business trips". One guy has been way too late on his payment so they gave me a mystery pill. I blacked out and can only remember snippets but I ended up tearing the guy apart.

Therapy is pretty expensive

yes
yes
meh

I saw some guy fell from the rooftop (probably suicide) when i was 7 and i felt literally nothing

story?

I wouldn't say it haunts me but its an unsettling reminder . Worst part is it was the auntie of a friend I went to school with. they all wanted to know some nice settling romanticised version of what happend ( which i obliged ) but man , Landing back first from the top of a multi story inst pretty. trying to stabalize and support neck and spine was like a hockey sock full of stones.

I'm surprised they wanted to hear. I have tons of stories but whenever I start telling them at parties when I'm asked people instantly regret it because of what they hear.

Paramedifag here. Its a daily, or near daily thing. Its like a mechanic changing oil or a bank teller counting money. Its work. Save them? Good, that's your job and that's why you're paid to do it. You want a pat on the back and recognition for doing your job? Go be some glory seeking faggot somewhere else. I hate these fucks who want the glory. I have never seen someone who was any good at this job look for attention. The ones who do are not good at their job, they're lucky.

ive taken a life little nigglet. wacked the man who
touched my lil sister. didnt have to do much he fell over, snapped his neck, sounded like a crunch and then he was gone easy af

No one cares faggot. We asked if you've saved a life or seen one end. Get the fuck over it.

That's how I always look at it. It makes e laugh seeing rookies at work get excited because we are headed to a critical call like a CPR or serious accident. I see it as this is what we are paid and trained to do, no reason to be excited. Just another day at work.

Yeah , They wernt getting anything from the police about how it happend, UK are very closed about disclosure of events until coroners report comes in , I guess they just wanted some form of closure. And you sound like fun at parties ...

Quite right , Not Parimedifag but unless operating under absolute pragmatism I could imagine it not being a trade glory hunting rewards. Heroism means nothing if you dont have the skills to back it up.

Spot on mate.
21 years working as a nurse and saving a life or losing someone has it's effects but you have to move on to the next situation and be able to leave it all behind when you go home.

i saved someone from drowning in a pool around my 9th bday party. they almost drowned me because they got on top of me and i couldnt touch the bottom but luckily i got to the edge of the pool so they could get out

saved a drunk girl from almost getting gangbanged raped, does that count?

CPR to a child at a pool, carried a friend to hospital when she was stung by a nest of wasps.
Have done CPR again before all that but wasn't successful.

Allergic to wasps I should add.
Was completely bloated by the time we got there.

Always said: it's not about the last pt, it's about the next pt. Change your uniform, decon the rig, and get your ass in service.

Don't get fucked up by what you witnessed, it's not your emergency. Its not about you: what you saw, what you did. Its their tragedy, don't steal that away from the victim and their family.

"Need" a CISD? Then you probably picked the wrong job. Did someone lie to you and tell you it's always going to be cute little old lady's who are lonely and kids who skinned their knee? You're going to see shit that will make it hard to smile in the future. Accept that or go work in a factory or in retail.

Just my $0.02

sad pic :(

2 dudes overdosed on fentanyl at my bar a couple weeks back. I hit them each with 2 doses of narcan and called the paramedics.

Both lived.

I accidently ran over a guy in a Grand Theft Auto 5 Roleplay server. So basically the same thing.

i've saved animals a couple of times.
saved dogs and a child from getting run over. performed cpr to two of my friends. helped a cat and my brother who were almost attacked by dogs.

but i've also been responsible for killing multiple mice and rats as pest control. using rat poison, stray cats, small dogs, drowning, but mostly by bashing them in the head. its creates a huge mess but i'm the only one in my family not afraid of them

Many years ago (I was in the US Army) I was in the same room when one soldier accidentally shot another. The m-16 round hit him in the neck and blew out a huge hole in his back. He died almost instantly. I was a coward. I couldn't have done anything but I didn't even try.
It's ruined my life.

On our way to the mountains in northern sweden one Christmas when I was 6 yrs old we saw a car just a few cars infront of us swirl into the wrong lane and hit another car straight on then fly off the road and into a tree. The car that went into the wrong lane contained a family. The mother was thrown into the windshield fullf orce and her head went thru the windscreen and her head got torn almost completely off. There was a small child, maybe 4-5 yrs old who got thrown completely out of the car and laid lifeless in the road (but survived we later found out). The driver (father I assume) was completely crushed. The driver position was reduced to a pancake. The other car contained only a driver who miraculously stepped out of his car after the accident wih only minor damage and what looked like a broken arm. He was in totalt chock though (understandably) just pacing around the crash site crying and yelling "Varför?" (why? in swedish) over and over and over. There was christmas presents scattered all over the accident site. It was all a terribly sad scene. I had nightmares for a long time after.

I never saved a life. I have seen death more than once. Only the first time counts. I was talking with my friend, driving the car. We passed under an overpass. The car's ceiling collapsed on him. Slow motion, I saw the car swerve into the dividing wall. I woke up in a hospital. I was the only survivor in a 3 car pile-up. A jumper in the road above our car fell on us, our car started the mess. The collisions and shit tore me out of the car, I somehow tumbled free and got busted up. 8 people in the total of 3 cars died. I rehabbed only a month before I got back to work. Now, I never let anyone drive me. I know it is neurotic, but we all have issued.

Surrounded by water and they sink from fire? I'm dumbfounded here.

Agreed. I don't know what it is about kids, but i can watch people die all day long, but if it is a child, I feel really bad.

No, indeed. Fire is the most dangerous threat to ships.

I have a feeling you're dumbfounded everywhere you go

Don't be. Engine fire, no water at that moment. Spreading and burning the hull. Water outside goes in. Makes boat heavier than water. So, bye bye, boat.

I have metastatic cancer and next they want to take my arm and scoop out t2 and t6 vertebrae. I'm thinking of terminating my existence having taken came of other end stage cancer patients. Moral arguments aside, what's a neat way to end it all. I don't have access to drugs or firearms.

Two years ago in camping a friend of mine try to immolate himself, i knew he was scuicidal tendencies but when i notice that the bottle he spit on him wasn't water but kerdan i knew his intention, run as fast to catch him and slap him, then poor with one other frined watyer on him. He would have burn my tent

same here. got no problem for gore ect but seeing children die its the worst

I am . That komment wasn't very nice. Good reason for it, but not nice, lol.

That stinks pal. I'd recommend having an associate get you a whole bunch of oxycodone and drift yourself off to sleep.

Thank you. Ive never been depressed or suicidal. I only want to be realistic. I'm not sure my MD is willing and it's rather late to be shopping for another one. I was thinking off they get me to the orthooncologist then I will be a surgical case and then I can't get out on my own thereafter. I don't want to involve others.