Okay something has been bothering me for over a decade since Ep.3 came out. Now...

Okay something has been bothering me for over a decade since Ep.3 came out. Now, I don't know if this shit is explained in the EU or not, but I don't get something. Okay, so Han is older than Luke obviously. Luke's father was a Jedi and proceeded to wipe out the Jedi in the years after Luke's birth. When Han meets Luke and Obi Wan, he acts like the Force and Jedi were just ancient myths and superstition. How could he think that when IN HIS LIFETIME they were a major player in galactic politics and the war where they were all generals was occurring? Can someone explain this to me.

Perhaps he was just retarded

It was about 20 years between 3 and 4. Han was probably too young to remeber. Problem is Chewbacca wasn't and knew yoda. Maybe chewy would tell Han stories and not believe it.

you are making certain assumptions that cause your confusion.

> they were a major player in galactic politics

can you cite anything in any of the movies that demonstrate this? yes, the jedi were involved but how many people knew the force was real? they didn't go around doing concert demonstrations for the galaxy, and the only people who ever saw the force used were people who came into contact with force users. if Han Solo never saw a jedi, why would he not think they were a myth?

The galaxy is a fuckhueg place and there are only like a thousand Jedi. The chances of ever actually encountering one are so low that they may as well be myths.

Who could possibly give half a fuck?

This, Han is older but not sure by how much. Maybe Han was too young to remember

This is right. Most people who saw the Jedi in action were clones and battle droids.

Not much older than Luke really. I'm sure the new movie will touch on what Han was up to that kept him in the dark.

Well they had a huge temple on Corrusant. They were the generals of the clone army. The Senate dispatched them to handle something as simple as trade negotiations and even a simple droid recognized them and knew that it. "thinks they are Jedi Knights". Anakin sees the hilt of Qui Gon's lightsaber and flat out asks if he's a Jedi without seeing the actual blade, and he's a child slave on a backwater planet.

He has to be kinda older to be all ways calling Luke "kid" all the time

Yet wanted to fuck his sister. That's just Han being cocky and a pedo

I'd put him in his mid to late 20's

And Luke was teenager?

There are people in the US that don't know what the House/Senate are and think the President is the supreme leader.

It's not outside the realm of reality that a literal street rat criminal would know nothing about the Jedi.

In space sex has no age, also it was a long long time ago, so things were different back then

I don't know. How are flat earthers a thing?

I refuse to accept aliens are as stupid as Americans.

Except Corellians are Americans.

Alderaan was like Canada.

Kek

He was busy doing the kessel run in 12 parsecs. (Even though parsec is a measure of distance not time)

Was a wizard you fool, everyone knows that when a serie makes a mistake, is a wizard doing weird things.

Continuity problem from writing prequels like 20 years after the episodes 4-6 and making 4-6 first. This is one reason why you start from episode 1 and not 4. There is also weird continuity problems at the end of episode 6 were Liea says she sorta remembers her mom. This isn't possible because padame died after giving birth

>The chances of ever actually encountering one are so low that they may as well be myths.
Exactly. Like respectable black people.

edgy little cunt.

So you're saying it's just a fuck-up on George's part. He didn't rewatch the original 3 before/while writing the prequels.

Luke was like 18,19

if you find a shortcut, that reduces the distance as well
i imagine the run being a dangerous, unchartered smuggler route with defined start and finishing point, but the actual route is undefined. han could for example fly closer to a wormhole or black hole (which is assumed to be unsafe), and therefore complete the run in a shorter distance than assumed possible. the statement makes perfect sense

Probably trying to make shit fit together really. This is why people are hired to do these things now

Yes, he or his team over looked some details. Easy to do when you are trying to do some much per movie

Yes. He made it in the distance of 12 parsecs

I like the way you think

would have been funny if his last dieing words would have been "Ben, 11.8 parsec"

Maybe they were stories with a decent idea but poor script writing and execution as movies

>what I'm saying is it was a badly written movie that was, and still is shit

Same way whites will be. HAVE BABYS WHITE PPL!

Doubt Han would fly near anything dangerous, he's such a pussy he drops his cargo at the first sign of imperial ships.

Hans parents must have been cousins, what else explains that whiny edgy emo faggot kid of his with the Vader fetish?

>wtf
Watches at 0 $?

This is the explanation that Lucas gave when someone told him what a "parsec" was. The run is a dangerous smuggling run where the shorter the distance you take, the better. You can take a longer route and avoid the authorities, or you can just go in a straight line like Han did. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but you can pretend that it does.

Because Lucas has become a hack, it's obvious that the original films intended the Empire to have been around a good long while - centuries.

This is why. Because the prequels were made in 1977-1983 and were a mix of ww2 meets knights meets samurai meets western set in space. A lot of ways to make something interesting in a movie is to have it be open to interpretation. The Jedi were old knights ancient and now extinct (even though obi wan is only 60) and Jedi carried swords instead of guns. The way yoda talks about the force and the way obiwan talks about his old friend anakin is something left to the imagination and when you begin to spell it out or try to make prequels therefor painting a direct picture of the things obiwan, ham and yoda talk about you destroy the thing that makes them awesome. The characters talking about these things is what gives these things (force, anakin being a good friend, and the force being a hokey religion) is what gives these things their own characteristics.... I remember yoda talking about war not making one great and size matters not and shit. I remember what that meant to me being this little dude was once some powerful Being and that could have meant anything as it was up to me to interperate that but then you see him sitting on a paw shaped chair talking bullshit then flipping around like a Tourette's laced spastic and killing clones.. it kills the imagination. Don't try to make sense of the prequels entirely just treat them as a retelling of the past. Treat them as someone else version of events.