Still cunts

Still cunts.

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2017/07/trent-reznor-nine-inch-nails.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

his heroes (David Bowie, Prince), contemporaries (Chris Cornell), and acolytes (Chester Bennington) are dying at an alarming rate.

d-delte this

>In retrospect, the clingy black powder that served as Not the Actual Events’ prankish “physical component” seems less like a cheap gag and more like scattered ashes.

stop

yea but unlike them Trant is buff as fuck

Oh come on it's at least an 8

Don't worry about it, Attie.

Honestly, it's written like 8 point review.

Fun fact: This EP is the best rated NIN record, (not counting in the reissues of The Fraggle and Pretty Hate Machine) since The Sip which got 7,5.
Pitchfork was never kind to NIN, this is very positive review from them.

From Trent's newest interview

vulture.com/2017/07/trent-reznor-nine-inch-nails.html

>“These are my last few moments of life,” he says as the conversatioon beings, "Let's make the most of it"

WHAT DID HE FUCKING MEAN BY THIS Sup Forums

>For a long time, you were one of the real avatars of white male-

stopped reading

T-Trent?

He's-he's just kidding...I think, he will tour soon, so he means like his "peace" will soon be over.

I-I think.

Please, Trent.

Let's check if the score is accurate
>ep is 9.5
>no "fuck drumpf" -0.1
>not multicultural -0.1
>was made by a white person -1
>was made by a male: -0.5
Seems right, he should have included the nigress of the week if he wanted BNM.

I think this isn't as much as any of that, yes, I do believe that you get additional points for being a minority. But also for the type of songs Trent is making, Pitchfork is much more looking forward to stuff like Hip-Hop and such.

but nothing can stop you now
NOTHING CAN STOP YOU NOW,

I'm okay, guys. Calm down. I'll be busy with other music and non-music projects. NIN may take a rest again, not sure if permanent.

didnt read the review because pfork are cunts, but this is the best nine inch nails record there is. i really believe that.

These EPs are the best stuff he has ever done, it is next to The Dowwnard Spiral and The Fragile.

Thanks for the new EP. Take as much time as you need

trent are you okay right? pls don't die :'(

hi trent do you plan on getting more buff

Denial - I am stronger than I have ever been
Anger- Add Violence

>Another problem is that it’s too easy to listen to the opinion of the anonymous basement-dweller.
Oh kek, Trent.

He knows about Gamergate as well. The guy lurks in here.

i'd bet my bottom booty that he posts here

oh he does i guess

NIN hasn't produced anything substantial in 9+ years.

Trent should stick to soundtracks. It's over.

>this is what YZfags actually believe

more like TDSfags

you mean casuals

TDS was 23 years ago, though, not 9+

>Interviews fucking Trent Reznor
First question the interview thinks to ask:
>"White male anger and angst"
Which leads to:
>Gamergate
>Oppression
>Online trolls
>Trump

When will it all end?

NIN isn't relevant or interesting anymore.

It's time to move onto better music.

>relevant
how does that relate to "better" music?
>interesting
entirely subjective, next.

there's none better.

grimes and dg are just memes, sad, but true.

TFW you're this generations dad rocker.

Did you ever thing you'd cease being interesting
at this age?

> brings up subjectivity

> in thread of dad rockers bitching about
> pitchfork not giving 10/10 to mediocre music

t. 20 year old who used to listen to Nails, and then came here and got told it was for edgy kids and that scared you because you want to be considered an adult, so you dropped music you liked in order to please others, and you're blissfully unaware that the music is going to speak to you before you know it, and that edge you dismissed is going to start taking on whole different meanings.

When you're ready to come back, we'll be waiting.

>still no question about all the buried spoken word samples through HM (and the intro to fucking A Warm Place)
>no question about the Deviations/Firebrand/Sandbag debacle
>no question about the relationship between YZ and AV
>no question about the relationship between Bleedthrough, AV, My Dead Friend and This Isn't the Place
>no question about future tour plans
>no question about his relationship with brian

what's the point

dad rock is such a 2000's buzzwords

D*MN

That would involve listening to his work and doing some background digging. Easier to call him the king of the goths and ask about trump.

>-0.1
>-0.1
>-1
>-0.5
what did he mean by this?

Except p4k is actually interpreting the lyrics to be blatantly anti-trump/trump voter

but please keep being retarded it's just funny at this point

* 33 years old here and not the point.

Nice goal post moving.

> "I can't really come up with a good way to
> defend daddy Trent's boring new output
> Ad hominem will surely work!"

I actually quite like NIN from year zero back. This is before they ceased innovating and started releasing music exclusively for the NIN-zombies that will still eat it up. The worst sin of the recent output? It's boring. I would rather them release bad albums that tried, instead they release boring albums that play it safe.

These EPs are anything but boring.

this legit warms my heart

Name one group as commercially successful as Nine Inch Nails willing to try anything remotely close to The Background World.

>This is before they ceased innovating and started releasing music exclusively for the NIN-zombies that will still eat it up
What the fuck though, after Year Zero Trent went on to release Ghosts, which was innovative for NIN as fuck.
Hesitation Marks was innovativate as fuck and Trent here does things he has never tried before and evovles far more than he has in Year Zero, he takes some serious risks here like Everything.
And now you've got to these EPs where he is releasing it in three parts for fullf-edged album, it is a concept album and he attempts to do new ideas in almost every track of these EPs.

Nothing is "being played safe" here, how can you look at NTAE and go "yea, this is safe" when you have shit like Burning Bright on it?

released as a single no less

Radiohead, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Marilyn Manson, Green Day (unronically, American Idiot was more daring than NIN has ever done)

a meme score of "we don't care about the record but we have to like it"

I’ve heard all of his new stuff. It’s fucking boring. But Nine Inch Nails fans are like Radiohead fans. Trent Reznor could fart for a half hour and people would buy the $1,000,000 280 gram gatefold vinyl. He's a studio wizard and he was a great artist. Now he's a boring old rich guy, making boring art with zero emotional weight.

>unronically, American Idiot was more daring than NIN has ever done

It was for it's time. It's changed the collective concious so much that you think it's standard now.

Look into the trope Seinfield isn't funny anymore.

>zero emotional weight.
Let me prove you wrong
>Right Where It Belongs
>Head Down
>In Two
>While I'm Still Here
>The Background World
>In This Twilight
>Zero Sum
>A Minute To Breathe
>Burning Bright

It's clear you don't about NIN recent output because all the stuff you complain about is utter non-sense.

Actually not really. I posted that post about Green Day, it was a bait.
Concept records existed and if anything, Pink Floyd's The Wall was much more daring than American Idiot. But even Pink Floyd would not dare to do stuff NIN does, not even Radiohead would make their music this aganostic and unfrendly intentionally so.
Kek, gotcha.

It's clear you are easily pleased. You are the music equivilent of calling yourself a literary buff whilst being hooked on YA Fiction.

Actually no. It's easy to diss someone's taste like you would here, saying Trent's output has no emotional weight is objectively wrong.

ending of the last track bumps it to a 9

>I appreciate what Radiohead has been doing the last few years. You’re not saturated with stories about them. They’re not in the press constantly talking about stuff. They create an aura that makes you more interested in what they’re doing.

fucking based radiohead greatest band of all time truly incredible

Oh look Its
>i only like their older work
guy