Hey Sup Forums I recently got diagnosed with schizophrenia, any other people here suffer from it...

Hey Sup Forums I recently got diagnosed with schizophrenia, any other people here suffer from it? And does any one have any tips on how to cope/deal with it? Thanks.

I got it, but I don't suffer from it. Just let it take you for the ride

U gon die son.
Haha

Play hellblade

Ur fucking edgy bro. Look at that deep "my mind is a doorway" pic. Edge lord bro

Could you guys share how the schizophrenia is affecting you? All I think of when I hear schizo is having imaginary friends

just accept that nothing is real
and do nothing

react to nothing
become a ghost essentially

Not OP but I mostly hear voices but I also get really bad urges to hurt myself or others. The voices can say something as simple as saying my name or one time they told me my mother was going to get stabbed and I had to get to her house immediately or she would die. So it affects my ability to think and be around people and concentrate and my ability to look after myself.

Hey OP, schizofag here.
It's really cool to never be alone. My favourites of the bunch are Bob, Lizzehrd, Britney, Bucketranch and, of course, Taneesh.

We all do a lot of dank shit together and the best part is that normies don't need to be involved in it.
Schizophrenia is awesome, dude.

do you even remember what it's like to be alone? or is it just a cyclical thing where your delusions come and go?

They're always here with me and it's lit.

Attribute the voices to objects, real things you can see and hold. Treat them as individuals apart from yourself, and with the same respect you would hope to receive. It's what I did and it all changed from being scary to me having a little family of friendly talking plushies.

Never take your meds; it's a method of control; you must resist; don't tell them anything; you are humanity's only hope, OP

Always take your medicine, no big secrets.

You should watch a beutiful mind

I got diagnosed a few hours ago so I haven't got my medicine yet and what do I do if it doesn't work or starts making things worse?

My girlfriend developed it 4 years ago. Whenever she would hallucinate or freak out i would give her a massage and it would basically go away after a few minutes. She hasnt hallucinated or had any delusions or anything for about 8 months now. But during the first years I had no idea what i was doing and it was really hard.

Making sure you get enough sleep, eat properly and enough, excercise, relaxation and a decent support network are basically the determining factors in how well you'll cope and what the outcome will be. All those things are relatively in your control which is nice. The hardest is finding a support network imo. Do you have family and friends you can rely on? A girlfriend?

I have family and friends who would support me but they don't really know what to do and what I'm going through which is understandable but I don't see what they could do when I have a phycotic episode apart from talk to me and tell me it's going to be ok

awwwwww

there are no voices, it's simply like remembering an earworm. silence your inner voice and the others will stop.

I developed it in my late 20's. I didn't have many visual hallucinations, I would mostly hear things.

At first, I knew they were fake but as time went on it became hard to distinguish hallucinations from reality and slowly slipped into insanity.

I got on some medications and I'm able to control it now.

One thing I've found that's helpful is to find yourself a good hobby that totally engrosses you when you're doing it...whatever it may be.

Me? I make model airplanes and ships. Whenever I'm making them I focus 100% attention to it. They fact that it's very detail oriented helps me. I focus all of my attention on cutting the pieces, gluing them, and painting them.

So find something that you can do that totally engrosses your attention. It's helped me.

Just them being there and talking to you and reassuring you is actually invaluable and one of the greatest things that can help you cope.

Also the fact that you're lucid enough and aware something is wrong is hugely promising. 50% of schizophrenics don't acknowledge or think they're experiencing psychosis.

When you say hearing voices, is it like a literal sound? Or more like an internal monologue? Because I constantly have this internal monologue running through my head and sometimes it turns mean and says shit like 'you're a loser', but it's not like a literal voice I can hear. Dunno if I'm a schizo or just really depressed.

yea bro thats so edgy bro

chill he was diagnosed with fucking scizophrenia have some decency

Why haven't you killed yourself yet?

You must get the urge to end it all.

nice dude how do i get schizofrenia

This is true and I guess I was lucky enough to know I was experiencing hallucinations. Some however don't know and they go full blown psychosis. I would mostly hear static, or hear the TV on when it wasn't. I would hear someone knocking on the door that wasn't there or hear someone call my name outside.

It was definitely scary, but after a while I just knew that my brain was fucking with me and was able to tune it out with the right medication.

>741684455
yea theyre still people

It would probably be worth suggesting your family to join some kind of support group or something too, so they can learn how to help you best and talk about their own feelings n shit

It varies from person to person, but I mostly heard sounds that weren't there or would hear things that didn't happen.

Knocks on the door, the vacuum cleaner on, the TV being on, someone calling my name from a distance.

One time I heard someone calling my name from a distance and was tempted to follow it and see who it was, then I realized that it was just my head and I was walking out into the wilderness towards nothing.

That's how mine started at first it would be little things in my head but soon the voices started saying things more often and in full sentences and soon I couldn't tell if they were my own thoughts or I was just hearing voices like before and it just went down hill from there. And I practise mma and I train for about an hour a day and when I train it clears my head and helps me think so I should focus more on training right?

Yes, as I said earlier, try to find something that engrosses you and you can give your undivided attention towards. It doesn't matter if it's MMA or whatever.

For me, I build models. If it's MMA for you, then go for it...

Play dota 2. Maybe the voices will tell you to delete dota and that you should kill yourself instead of the players. So you can freely mute the chat.

I have that to. That's not schizophrenia, id assume depression most likely.

When those thoughts pop and start up, try and focus on something else or if you know how, direct thoughts to different things until the episodes calm down.

I have that too, although im not sure what it is, it can be controlled. Although it hasn't left me in years

I should use a "my mind is a black hole" pic, because all the shit goes in, but nothing comes out.

I do. It sucks. Corrective thought therapy. Positive affirmations. Etc.

Thank you. I feel a little better now, I really hope that your schizophrenia clears up completely and you live a really good, happy life. Have fun building your models I'm sure they're amazing, just thank you for the advice I really appreciate it

No problem man. It's nothing to be ashamed of. It's perfectly treatable these days. I've had it for years and I'm doing just fine.

Yeah man you'll be fine, focus on being healthy and happy and it'll fall into place.

Try yoga too.

I'm going too, I just hope I don't go full blown insane before hand, I think I might say at my friend josh's house for a few weeks while I get to grips with it.