So why does the universe exist? What's its purpose?

So why does the universe exist? What's its purpose?

Giant lifeform and we (and aliens) are basically its antibodies that will keep it alive forever when it gets old

to cool off

It exists because if it didn't exist you wouldn't be posting threads about the existence of the universe

Your brain is not sufficiently developed (not just you but the human brain) to understand that question and maybe the question is irrelevant. Most animals exist in the universe as part of it and really never ask that quesiton....

It has none. Purpose was created by the mind to give life meaning. There is nothing wrong with this, as long as it doesn't lead us to believe something false. Purpose doesn't exist out there, it exists in our minds.

y not?

My theory:
Maybe our universe is a recreation/experiment made by higher forms of life in order to solve some question they have about their universe. Maybe we are in a big box. Maybe the Big Bang was an explosion made by aliens.
We'll never know anyway haha

>42

That fucking book is the most overrated thing there is

Clearly you haven't read the whole series

Clearly it had and impact on you if you understand a 2 digit reference from it

kek, we both came back at this dude with "Clearly"

Life is what happens when the 4th demension temporarily portrudes into the 3rd deminsion, manifesting the idea of "myself" into a physical form. Basically, you are the universe observing itself in this moment in time. Who's to say why?

Who even said this is base reality anyways

byproduct of brane collision

>implying that it needs a purpose to exist

I mean, you exist and im sure you have no purpose of existence .. other than shitposting ofc

And yeah, youre a faggot

We're dragged into existence, We die, We make the most of what's in between, Time goes on.
There is no purpose, just a shame we wont have time to explore more of it.

My guess too.
Some kid outside our universe has invented our universe and waits which planet with life on it, finds all laws of nature first.

Kek kek kek

we're some alien kids science project

You are "god" experiencing itself.
Think about it.

I´ve never researched shit but I like to think and I´ve done that for about 20 years...

I´ve come up with a lot of scenarios but they each differ from eachother...

One of the scenarios I like the most is that we as humans and as living beings sees 1 thing out of the whole picture

So what is the universe u might ask? Well I´d say that the universe is life and a way to portrait the different lives within it

If you compare the universe to particles you could say a star is a enlarged atom and that the whole picture of stars planets etc connects into what we percieve as humans :)

Thread

the fundamental purpose of existence is existence

Anyone that thinks they have the answer to this question is a fool.

fuck up

It's all meaningless, literally all of this is meaningless

Lol. You can know the answer, you just have to actually WANT to know. Requires an open mind to understand the answer though. So I'm sorry you're outta luck.

The purpose of the universe is to look pretty.

why do you exist, what's your purpose?
>there isn't one
also thisat the end of the day, you're nothing but a bunch of cells responding to a bunch of electrons

Dubs

To know the answer to the question, one first needs to know the answer to the question and what the question is to the answer of the answer to the question.

If that is true than so is the opposite and now all we're talking about is perspective.. wat to go Debbie downer

It was created by a higher form of life. The energy of the universe is used by that life form to mine a cryptocurrency that they use called UniverseCoin.

*way

why does something need a purpose to exist?

Mr Trump needed a place to put his hotels.

why does something exist

there is an answer to all questions, that is the meaning of life.

You're a fool. We don't have the capacity to even understand the way it all works let alone the purpose and meaning (if there even is one). It's folly and ego to think we're so much more than we are. We're too small intellectually, too limited in our perspective, and too muddied by our humanity to ever comprehend something so infinite.

You're a fool.

the way it works is simple, if something that is nothing exists then that would define what something is and therefore brings into being all possible states of existence.

Right?

"Why is universe" has so many possible answers (including ones we're no ABLE to comprehend or experience) that the only reasonable conclusion is that it's unknowable by us. It's like an amoeba trying to comprehend phd level mathematics. It's impossible.

the way it works is simple

You're a fool. You're an amoeba. We're ameobas. It's folly.

Clearly 43

>So why does a mountain exist. What is it's purpose?

Dumb pseudo-deep question.

A joke in a funny book is just about the closest we will ever come to answering questions like this.

this guy gets it.

It's how God gathers new knowledge and experiences - even through us. Our souls are integral particles of God.

Everyone that thinks they know the answer.

That is the answer

It's a close as we're going to get: understanding out limitations.

we are the universe itself
trying to understand what we are is meaningless.
all we are is matter assembled in forms that try to comprehend if there is meaning to the matter by it self. we live, we experience life and "consciousness" and we end till the next time. and the cycle continues but we don't remember our previous consciousness cycle.
ITS ALL A BIG FUCKING COSMIC GAG-REAL.

what we are is easy to understand but why we are is difficult

all i am saying is that in the deep core of existence
we are matter nothing else formed in a way that gives us the ability to question the existence of our current form and the why we are in that form.

IMHO, we're far to limited in every respect to answer a question like this. I'd rather live with the fact I don't know than adopt some idea that can't possibly be accurate.

We fool ourselves into believing we can know.

Perhaps trying to find the balance of emotion and logic in a species that doesn't lead to self destruction

life is pointless, it really doesn't matter what you think or feel or do, life is just completely pointless. fuck off with your "muh purpose" bullshit, the fact of the matter is that life is pointless and there's nothing you can do about it. it's actually pretty unfortunate, if you ask me.