David Lynch

Don't fall for the Altman meme.

Better than Hack Van Saint.

George Lucas
Zack Snyder
Terrence Malick

Goes without saying but on this site...

Spielburger

agreed op. everything after pulp fiction is pleb tier at least...

Pulp Fiction remains a 10/10 in my book. Saw it again recently, absolutely flawless in every regard.

I don't care what contrarians say on Sup Forums, if you don't think PF is genius, you're a pleb.

Wes Anderson

besides maybe one or two of his films

If you don't get butthurt over some plebs thinking his films are the 8th wonder of the world, many of his films are actually quite fun and enjoyable.

if your opinion is derived from and dependent of the opinions of others, you're maximum pleb.

saving private ryan tho

nah

yah

wrong

Jackie Brown was better

>I get in a cab and say things like "TO THE MOVIE THEATER AND STEP ON IT!"
>I consider David Lynch a dark mirror of Stanley Kubrick

All his movies are just shit. Anyone who believes otherwise are utter morons.

Spielberg has 5 great movies and 20 bad ones. yet all of them are popular. hes pure plebcore.

there are 1000 shit directors who make worse films than tarantino. the difference is, no one likes them and watches their films. so yeah, the amount of fame/popularity and esteem his films get should influence your opinion on him. also after pulp fiction everything is shit from him. ok in IB there is hans landa, a good character. in Django theres the KKK scene. thats all the good thing the did after starting his downward spiral after pulp fiction.

Exactly. Basically his films are French New Wave for retards who don't know what French New Wave is, kind of like The Big Bang Theory and faux nerd culture if you catch my drift.

Seems like you are...

Or a more apt comparison would be people who watch The Big Bang Theory and suddenly think they get science now because it referenced Schrodinger's Cat so many times and they think they are geniuses for doing so.

This

Style over Substance the Director

I think his movies are really enjoyable but yeah they're not profound in any way. Great jumping off points into looking at the films that are referenced (and ripped off in plenty of cases).

I think he has talent but certainly is overrated but most people don't look into other directors that are both original and masters of directing.

Why should it influence my opinion again? Is there an actual reason?

Plebbitors spotted. You need to watch more cinema to become patrician enough for Sup Forums.

>plebbitors spotted
only redditors call others redditors

Good thing you outed yourself instead.

Everything Cameron has done, except for Avatar of course, is bona fide kino, you pleb.

well i guess no, it should influence you. but still its irritating for me because thats all people talk about and if i look on Sup Forums or talk to people irl its frustrating when the latest tarantino film is the "big film of the year" regardless if its good or not. but otherwise i agree , what other people think shouldnt influence your own opinion, only the film itself should. that attitude goes for pleb movies like the latest superhero blockbuster, but also for acclaimed art movies. people always say they like Persona for example, just because others say its a masterpiece, yet when you press them they cant explain why they like it or what is it about.

shouldn't (in first sentence)

Found the redditor

You guys don't even understand what a director does. Since he began his career, Tarantino has remained one of the most talented, influencial, ambitious, and exciting writer/directors in Hollywood. His films have a power and depth that reaches both mass audiences, and film snobs.

This board is just full of contrarions. Fuck Zack Snyder.

>I'm 16 and I watch deep movies: the director

Persona is 10/10 dude. Just because someone couldn't explain their experience of a piece of art well enough for you to get it, doesn't mean their experience wasn't real, or that the art doesn't have value. That's the point of movies like Persona. They say what words cannot.

>call me a pleb
>post a picture documenting how good Adam Sandler is

Oh dear.

>Tarantino
>smart
The fuck, that'd be Nolan you pleb.

Avatar was his best yet you redditor

I love posting on Sup Forums with all of my friends!

>Style over Substance

How to spot a pleb: the criticism

Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are legit good.
Jackie Brown is so so.
The rest is shit.

Do people actually feel smart when they watch movies? Outside of snooty critics and Sup Forums patricians?

Avatar is literally 100% reddit, you pleb.

Shit thread.
Kill yourself OP
Sage

While I do think Tarantino is a bit overrated, he isn't a hack. Just because he's mainstream and his films are popular doesn't mean he's some god awful director all of a sudden. His movies don't have anything to say but they're well made on a technical and storytelling level. So many people on this board think they are intellectual film buffs, yet all they do is resort to using buzzwords as their arguments.

Fuck Sup Forums