Princeton Prof: Transgenderism Not Scientific, ‘Superstitious Belief’

>A noted Princeton University professor has attacked the very notion of transgenderism, saying that the belief “that a woman can be trapped inside a man’s body” is ludicrous and superstitious, with no basis in medical fact.

>Robert P. George, the McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence at Princeton, sent out a tweet late Sunday evening questioning the science behind the transgender movement, in reaction to the Obama administration’s threatening letter to educators mandating accommodation of gender-confused teenagers.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Freud
youtube.com/watch?v=nTHbY9mVYAM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

resignation in 3...2...

>how to spot tenure 101

this
for an ivy league professor he's quite the retard

So, he's getting fired.

#RWNJ who isn't trained in psychology. figures

dis is anudda shoah

No, he's going to issue an apology of his own volition and then retire. The black vans outside his house are completely unrelated, and his wife and/or children are not missing, they're on a impromptu camping trip to Argentina

>psychology

Psychology is the biggest scam of the last century, the whole point is to diagnose "problems" within otherwise healthy people so you can have them lie on a couch and tell you about their mothers for $150/h

THANK GOD THERE ARE STILL BAD GOYIM IN HIGER EDUCATION

Don't you mean a helicopter ride?

he's supposed to be a lawyer. wonder what he'd would say about an account that decided he could do brain surgery

/thread
you don't need a brain to get a PhD here anymore

>#RWNJ

As opposed to the brilliant Western Left, that says a man with a penis and a Y chromosome is a real woman for no reason other than they say so?

you probably think your a man

I don't have to think about that I simply yam

His a man what?

Holy shit I thought Sup Forums was red pilled, what's with the sheep in this thread?

You've never noticed Canadians on here?

>Getting fired for stating the obvious
It's a strange time to be alive

Wow anons you're 100% right. A Princeton professor who doesn't have a doctorate in psychology should have no say on transgenderism .

Leave it to the below 90 IQ tumblrinas/redditors and other lgbt activists who don't have a PhD in psychology but identify as transgender instead.

Fucking retarded. The research regarding transgender issues is equivalent to Yahoo answers/Sup Forums debates. It's not rocket science, or even middle school grade mathematics. It's not something that requires 180 IQ to wrap your head around.

This is why the whole of psychology is looked down upon by the legitimate sciences.

>not biologist
>not psychologist
>not neuroscientist

Who the fuck cares with this man thinks?

Chances are he has 10 year so he can't be fired.

>appeal to authority

Maybe you're referring to counselors or something.

My experience with actual psychologists has been very different.
I've had the fortune to meet them and their patients. There are people who really do need help with their minds. Once you get to studying it, you'll understand what it's about.

The last time I've been to one, I was in a pretty bad place with my life. It took him a 10 minute conversation to break down everything I presumed was an impassable obstacle and left me shaken.
I've been reading about it ever since and it's been getting useful in conversations.
Don't go about judging it from the perspective of a redneck.

>scientific
>psychology
>scientific

No.

whats going on in this pic?

OY VEY..... SHUT IT DOWN

HERE ARE YOUR RESIGNATION PAPERS GOYIM

Psychologists don't know shit abut the brain though, you can literally show a picture of CNS tissue on a microscope to any psychologist and they wouldnt know what they are looking at

It's because he's a professor that isn't complying with radical left wing narratives, ya dingus.

That's why it's such a big deal. He has authority. It's not some random redditor like you.

Eagerly awaiting for you to take Ben Carson's advice on the matter.

It's aids skrillex. Some user made a thread yesterday about seeing him in a restaurant

The people who will try to make him lose his job because he doesn't enable their mental illness seem to care

>This is why the whole of psychology is looked down upon by the legitimate sciences.
Daily reminder that physics is the only real science

Nope, been to actual psychologists myself. The results? 3 completely different diagnoses from 3 different doctors, and 3 different prescriptions for 3 different kinds of medication.

I'm not denying that mental health issues exist, I'm just saying the vast majority of "issues" can be fixed with a slap on the arse and a stiff drink, instead of a course of anti-psychotics or anti-anxieties and a couple thousands dollars telling a stranger all about your mum

we'll see, maybe the trump phenomenon has led to people growing balls

>sorry sir no more booths hope a table is alright
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Exactly. Psychiatry is legitimate.

Also
>implying any respectable person cares what a psychologist thinks
LOL gob2reddit

invented by (((sigmund FRAUD)))

acknowledged to be an attack on goyim by him in his book

he wont resign, he's a philosopher and most likely has a well formed argument against nonsense like gender identity.

There is no available evidence a person can find that can determine gender identity other than testimony. The concept is bullshit, only sex exists

>all those trannies defending themselves
fuck off subhumans

He's right though. Put a teenager in an unhealthy environment where everyone around him subscribes to the lie that women can be born in men's bodies, and he'll start becoming a tranny because he knows women have it easier. they grab you in the most vulnerable time in your life, where you're either an alpha or an omega

Not sure if bait

The thing about the mom is only because of Freud, not all psychologists follow psychoanalysis, which everyone knows is a scam and has even less scientific basis than the average psychological branch, maybe only more than Vygotskyan bullshit, which bases itself around a theory that is inherently flawed.

what is Ben Carson's advice?

Ahahahahaha

Why do brits struggle so hard with the english language in this board? PSYCHIATRY not PSYCHOLOGY jesus
I feel sorry for Americans, they will always be asociated with you losers.

I hope this transgenderstuff will be stopped soon. The genderidentity stuff is hurting children. They don't think about sexuality during childhood, but now they do because they are forced to think
>Am I really male?
How can this be good?

Well what's wrong with you anyway?
I had a crippling fucking depression due to certain Sup Forums tier circumstances.
I don't know what to say other than maybe quality of service varies from place to place.
I was in Romania and I had connections to the actual best guy in the city. He was an old dude, university prof. and worked with cops and intelligence.

The others worked in asylums and hospitals, but they were friends and colleagues, all of them trustworthy.
I've never seen any of them ever just throw out a diagnosis like that. At worst they'd prescribe medication and tell the patients about symptoms but otherwise it was just one on one talking and often plenty of screaming, crying and broken windows.

Dropping Knowledge Prof

lmao imagine a five year that got into his head that he's a girl because he saw girls getting treated better, or some commercial or movie he saw.

You can't slap it out of him and it's child abuse not to pump him full of hormones that will ruin his development, his psyche and his life.

This is fucking insanity

It'll probably end by the end of the decade, once everyone wakes up one morning and realizes it was just a phase.

That Die Cis Scum chick realized that and now she's normal.

I mean there are some people who really do believe it, but gender-fluid folks will realize they were just being stupid and just wanted attention.

hopefully Tumblr ends around in the next decade and people grow bored of it.

Even if he has 10 year, professors are a diamond dozen, he'll be replaced

i'm not sure but that MIGHT be the "you're a fucking white male" guy from the carl the cuck video

Yes, but the people that really do believe it need psychiatric help. And children that believe that they are trans will sooner or later come out to their parents or kill themselves. I don't see the need to push the transstuff down everyones throat when they are a fucking minority amongst minorities. I find it absolutely disgusting that this gender identity politics now invades children tv shows and books.

uh oh, this nigger's about to lose his job. he should've hid his power level.

I'm a lunatic, quite literally. My mood is low on a new moon and high on a full. Not sure if that's significant, but it's the only pattern found throughout my entire life. The school thought I had ADD, but none of the psychologists thought I did. One thought I had anger problems and sent me to anger management, which didn't help at all.

Now it's not as pronounced, but I have trouble sleeping around full moons, and feel fatigued around new moons. Strange shit for sure.

this this this this this
Putting hormones into your body is very harmful, they don't even know what they are doing to the children; they will sterilize them for life and increase their chances of getting cancer in the future. Any doctor who prescribes this for kids needs to have their license revoked, and they need to be thrown in jail. This is child abuse plain and simple. And it's happening all for the shekels.

This. My prof who taught us all about Dar-4 also had 10 year and he couldnt get sacked

Unfortunately parent's don't even have any say in it anymore if their 11 year old want to take hormones. Courts are out of control.

Jesus Christ, I don't think it's that bad yet in the U.S; but I wouldn't be surprised if that has happened in Canada.

Day of the Rope When!!!!!?????

Dude, you're an actual werewolf, what the fuck!
But back to the point, yeah, okay, I can fucking see why that would be hard to catch.

I think you might need a psychiatrist for that one, they specialize more with these sorts of conditions.

Psychologists generally deal with problems of related to your way of thinking, the choices you make and irrational behavior.

Psychiatrists deal with brain chemistry and the actual "wiring" inside it.
You might be trying to get a programmer to do an electrician's job.

I just live with it, it's not a huge problem. Extra coffee on a new moon, none on a full.

>In creating psychoanalysis, (((Freud))) developed therapeutic techniques such as the use of free association and discovered transference, establishing its central role in the analytic process. (((Freud)))'s redefinition of sexuality to include its infantile forms led him to formulate the Oedipus complex as the central tenet of psychoanalytical theory

>Psychoanalysis remains influential within psychology, psychiatry, and psychotherapy, and across the humanities. As such, it continues to generate extensive and highly contested debate with regard to its therapeutic efficacy, its scientific status, and whether it advances or is detrimental to the feminist cause.[10] Nonetheless, (((Freud)))'s work has suffused contemporary Western thought and popular culture. In the words of W. H. Auden's 1940 poetic tribute, by the time of (((Freud)))'s death, he had become "a whole climate of opinion / under whom we conduct our different lives.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Freud

man that's so stupid i bet you have 80HD and don't even pay attention to what you're typing

Nice source you stupid asshole

deliberately sterilizing a child or adult should carry the death penalty, unless they're a shitskin, kike or retard

It's tenure. TENURE. You fucking mongs always do this.

God help us all; sterilizing children and mutilating their natural bodies is considered progressive, and if you disagree you're a bigot.

I want off this ride.

>often plenty of screaming, crying and broken windows.
Sounds like you're just a giant spoilt fucking manbaby that needs an occasional spanking

Thats uncle bill's pancake house isnt it?

>not getting the reference
>being this new

You fell for it, you idiot.

It begins!

Response Rule #1: NEVER resign. Make them fire you, which they can't, because they don't have cause. That's WHY they ask for resignations in the first place.

Has Trump taught you nothing?

Never apologize. Never resign.

That was Carl the Cuck.

AIDS Skrillex was 'A FUCKING WHITE MALE'

I'm pretty sure this is a joke, but I thought that is what tenure was for a very long time.

Psychologist does not make diagnosis, that is psychiatrists jobs (ie M.D. tier)
Psychanalyst are scammers.

Anyway I would not throw the baby out with the bathwater, talking about your problems is what most people who goes there don't have in their social circle and it can be quite liberating even if it will never fix things by itself.

Trannies are the hardest fucking thing to talk to anyone about.

if they're even slightly left or progressive, you are immediately called a bigot and shit.

My best friend is pretty left now and just discussing anything political nowadays is harder than it used to be.

>highly contested debate with regard to its therapeutic efficacy, its scientific status, and whether it advances or is detrimental to the feminist cause.
One of these things is not like the others

a m-f trans is simply a man who develops a female brain, either from birth or over time.

Everybody knows that the female mind is mentally ill by nature. That is why men who think like a woman are so strange. Women really are crazy!

They're referring to the fact he said this in public. Little do they know he's probably tenured.

it's not even his final form

>questioning the science behind the transgender movement,
>science
lel.
they want to change the definition of gender into something completely meaningless (your gender is whatever you want it to be :^) so transgender shit doesnt seem completely nonsensical.

you can make anything true if you just change the definition of everything thats proves it wrong.

>implying sterilizing leftie scum is bad

Wasn't there a study released recently that found that like 60% of treatments can't be reproduced?

Canadian, Mexican, Japan and rare flags are redditt cucks and shills.

That's why they always say something a nigger or a faggott would say

Yup. I believe it's called dialectics

It's great to see someone will speak out against those mentally retarded faggotts.

Plus it's always fun to see redditt on 24 hour suicide watch

Who has those videos of all the idiot high school kids pretending to be upset that people are misgendering them? There are like, 10 videos out there of it.

I need a good laugh this morning. Have some titties as payment.

>JEB

let this be the start of the death of the sjw movement. it's been years and i can't take much more.

>implying a six year old can be leftie scum
A child's brain is not fully developed, they cannot make meaningful choices about the future, they will only make a choice based on the present and what will give them instant gratification. Sure if it was only 30 year old freaks who wants to mutilate and off themselves no one should care. Like another user said earlier in the thread; the courts will demand under penalty of law that if your 11 yr old thinks he's a girl, he must be provided with the "appropriate treatments". And the state should never, ever be given that much power.

psychology is for degenerates. it's a jewish meme.

In Star trek the next generation, Data generally thought psychology was bullshit so my bet is on the robot.

this.

Common Filth?
youtube.com/watch?v=nTHbY9mVYAM

FINALLY! Reason is coming to the rescue