>Irish Sea League with teams from Scotland, Wales, Ireland and North Ireland

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/sports/soccer/valencia-la-liga-spain.html
youtube.com/watch?v=EVnb3nwZH0Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Nordic coutries league with Sweden Denmark and Norway

>Nordic coutries league with Sweden Denmark and Norway
No, smaller teams wouldnt be able to afford the travel costs

at least join nederlands and belgium would love to see the pussy ligue 1 joined in that as well

also,
>nordic countries leauge
>doesnt include finland

switzerland and austria
eastern europe basically

Hmm. I think you're right: Ligue 1 is pussy.

finland would go with estonia

all your teams are fucking small already
you need a strong league
you'll have 18 teams, 6 from each country or so

what about poland?
finland is too far away, i

finland is too far away and they are not really nordic or scandinavians

and how would having to spend huge amount of money flying from iceland to scandinavia every other week help them?

The correct way.

Bigger league means more money.

ok, no iceland then

not bad

what about switzerland or yugoslavia

Switzerland is mostly german and so is Austria, this would make sense

I thought Switzerland deserved its own league because of muh neutrality and whatnot. I was thinking of doing a Balkanliga but I didn't want to incite any genocide campaigns so I decided to leave them alone.

nice one

>ban spanish teams from europe
>watch the mighty epl and serie a
>leave the rest shit and irrelevant

>. I was thinking of doing a Balkanliga but I didn't want to incite any genocide campaigns so I decided to leave them alone.
yeah me too that would be complicated
like joining macedonia greece and turkey, although that would be very funny to watch

NO! Just no! We've had enough of ebel liga, and aba liga, as it is. Multi country leagues don't work, they never did and never will. Too much corruption, patriotism, and the regular bullshit from the refs is exponently increased. Refs in aba leiga were bribed with prostitutes for Christ sake!

right you are still too primitive

slovenia is the best eastern european country

I have always wondered, how would the promotion to the top flight work. Since teams, especially in Scandinavia, in the first division cannot afford the travel, so they would need separate national divisions.
Also, no away fans.

France+Italy+Switzerland
Spain+Poortugal
Great Britain (wouldn't change much but Celtic and Rangers would get PL money)
Benelux+Scandinavia
Lebensraum (Poland+Austria+Germany+Czech Rep)
Yougoslavia

split Belgium between France and the Netherlands, give Luxembourg to the German super league. Iceland meme teams deserve a spot in Scandinavia. Welsh teams should be able to choose whether to be in the Premier League or the Celtic League.

i dont buy that first division teams cant afford to go to other countries

too international frog, we ready have the champions league

fixed it

A league with the Balkan teams, would be awesome
Croatia, Serbia, second Serbia (sometimes called Kosovo), third Serbia (Albania), Bosnia, whatever.....it'd be cool

yeah, you we've already established you're not that smart. If you have como leagues, you can't have relegations, unless you also have national competitions at the side. And that's a whole lot of clusterfuck.

of course you have relegations
you have two transnational divisions and then national subdivisions

I'd watch that yugo league

the habited zones from denmark sweden and norway are closer to each other than each part with the rest of their mostly empty nations

You are ware of what you are saying?

Regional subdivisions already works like that

we already have them here m8

What is the point in this thread?
most of the relevant leagues mentioned in this thread are reasonably balanced
the only one that isn't is La Liga, and in every example people haven't touched it
most of the time you see Spaniards posting about wanting a Europe league just so they can feel relevant when they play league matches
that's what you should be fixing

yeah the Spanish league has a decent coefficient, but do you actually engage with/enjoy the league matches?

and it is CLUSTERFUCK,

honesty, when you have huge league and two teams playing for championship, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and have no say in how the other countries are organised

It's actually an undercover /gsg/ map painting thread

Balanced? Is bundesliga balanced? Is ligue1 balanced? Is europe in general balanced? How many teams have won the cl from leagues other than pl serie a or lfp in the last 20 years?

Stay being fucking irrelevant then
1 champions league

oh, boy, he's talking about league balance. some comprehension wouldn't help. leagues you want to throw together have parity, yours hasn't got that, so how about you rather take your time and figure how you'd take all that tv cash from barca and real in your own league,

oh, and import some refs, you have the worst ones in the world right now

where does your superiority come from?
reading zizek or what?
calm the fuck out
the balance would come once the league has more viewers so each team has more money
and we do have at least 2 teams that can win unlike ligue 1 or bundesliga

>we do have at least 2 teams that can win unlike ligue 1 or bundesliga

nope, that's actually false, who was it that last won it Deportivo in late 90's?

How would the Bundes profit from shitty mountain teams entering their league?

How would the shitty mountain teams profit from never playing in the CL again?

Bundesliga & Serie A not being balanced for 5-10 years is not a crisis
they could do with a financial reform
La Liga is beyond even that

>Split Belgium

Why?

That match fixing scandal didn't help serie a

I thought it would be an interesting way to breathe a little bit of new life into both Ligue 1 and the Dutch league

plus, the while Juve and Bayern win the league every year
the standard of competition outside their monopoly is a step above la liga
even if it's not about the actual standard of play
I actually enjoy watching the Milan Derby or the BVB vs >Schalke
there isn't a point to watching Valencia vs fucking whoever

no it's not
2 teams
barça and madrid

Oh but they are in the CL now? You mean being the 4th of a group and geting knocked by everyone? is that being in the CL?
There are too many teams in CL anyway
only 2 from each league should go
The rest could have the uefa or a reborn supercup

oh btw if by balanced you understand that all teams can win then fuck that
what I mean by balance is having 2 or three powerful teams and not just one like France and Germany has, or not even one like the rest of Europe
eastern european nations use to have teams wining the CL, not anymore

what are you talking about, the average spanish team is one or two steps above the average english/italian/german team
wether you enjoy watching them or not is another matter

I would love to watch an european championship, the best 20 european team fighting for the final title

Polish Ekstraklasa is too good to be destroyed desu, we even had a general yesterday.

Yeah but Valencia isn't malaga or sevilla; Valencia is on their death bed
mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/sports/soccer/valencia-la-liga-spain.html

>Irish Sea League with teams from Scotland, Wales, Ireland and North Ireland
Scottish clubs would dominate unless you include Cardiff and Swansea

Also

>Scottish clubs playing in Ireland
I don't think you understand the level of crowd trouble this would cause

germanic league
latin league
anglo league
slav league

>>Scottish clubs playing in Ireland
>I don't think you understand the level of crowd trouble this would cause

But Irish people are retarded and don't realise that the Scottish have done more to oppress them than the English ever have.

Seriously when they opened up Croke Park to the Six Nations there was never any trouble with Scotland playing there, only with England.

>rugby
Ah yes

Do you know what kind of songs are sung by the Ibrox faithful and loyalist elements of other clubs like Hearts?

Imagine either of the Old Firm sides playing competitive ties in Belfast on a regular basis.

Poland will obviously play in the Visegrad League with Czech Rep, Slovakia and Hungary

Tartan Army don't represent the spectrum of Scottish football supporters very well mate

England have a hooligan element in their support that Scotland doesn't but the fans are far worse at club level in Scotland

Tbf I was thinking more about the South. There are already sectarian games played in the Northern Irish league and the trouble isn't that bad. But seriously most people in the South are completely ignorant of their own history and actually like Scotland. For example when England play Scotland in rugby/football the entire country cheers on Scotland.

>There are already sectarian games played in the Northern Irish league and the trouble isn't that bad
True but Glentoran and Linfield are minnows compared to the Old Firm and much smaller than even Hearts and Hibs.

Rangers played Linfield in a friendly a few months ago and these were the scenes on the streets of Belfast:

youtube.com/watch?v=EVnb3nwZH0Y

Whatever way you spin it, that is a recipe for disaster. Imagine several thousand Scots and Ulstermen strolling through Belfast with UJs and Red Hands every few months. Or a huge crowd of tims strolling around with tricolours.

Scotland should join with English football football leagues , the two Irish leagues just could not compete financially

Even dundalk, Ireland's most sucsessful team in recent memory only have a handful of professional players - and they are one year contracts at that

>Even dundalk, Ireland's most sucsessful team in recent memory only have a handful of professional players

I'm pretty sure about half the players in the premiership are professional. A lot of them earn >€30,000 p.a.

Nope

It's a semi professional league mate im afraid - all the big clubs (Rogers,Derry,dundalk,cork) have the majority if not their entire squad on semi pro contracts

Really? My mate plays for Cabinteely (the worst team in the first division) and he was making €100/wk and only made the bench for like half the games.

Who is your mate ?

Im fairly certain about what I said anyways, heard it from a few loi fans and from what I hear on fan forums

Clubs are forever in finacial difficulty and are usually unwilling to give out "big" wages even if they can afford it (i.e. dundalk)

>Who is your mate ?
Played for them while still in school.

Was sort of a reserve team player. Was maybe used once every 2-3 games. He would probably have been a level lower than playing for the Ireland underage home based team.

but isn't celtic glasgow basically irish already?

>Scotland should join with English football football leagues

We don't want them.

>I am greek
kek

Nobody would benefit from a Swiss-Austrian-German league

There is no need to add shit leagues to already strong ones. Epl doesn't need Scottish teams. Spain doesn't need Portuguese teams.

what about fusing austria and switezerland?

Remake the Yugoslavian league

yeah maybe

there are enough chimpouts the way it is now already

balkan league would b nice

I know, but it would still be fun to see a war started by some Serbian team getting btfo

>Oh but they are in the CL now? You mean being the 4th of a group and geting knocked by everyone? is that being in the CL?
You make like 20m for that

Thing about it, Manuel. What if Osasuna had to fly to Edinburgh every 2 weeks?

For me, it's Team USA.

I know its a filthy American concept, but a multi-national league with divisions for each national association could permit regulation with relative ease. In a Nordic League say, there's one competition and one champion. However the worst of the Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish teams are relegated regardless of their overall ranking. The divisional ranking could be based on team records against all teams or just against teams of the same nationality.

Now this could result in a situation where the top teams are all Danish and therefore the worst Danish team was maybe 8th overall and still gets relegated. This is a little weird, so perhaps there could be playoffs between the relegated team and promoted team so if they are a quality team they aren't unjustly relegated.

Eeeh. Our league is already pretty shit with one team dominating it completely, and a few other guys getting a win every now an again, and I don't think the change would be that big. It would just be three teams fighting over the title every year.

I'd rather have a Balkan League with Romanians, Bulgarians and Macedonians than ex-yu league.
Croats can make a butthurt league along with bosnian muslims and shiptars if they want.

Add a league consisting of Greece and Turkey, and another one consisting of Russia and Ukraine, and you've just ushered in WW3

>Eredivisie gets Club Brugge + others
>Ligue 1 gets Standard Liège + others

Aside from the fact Anderlecht might go either way, I am actually quite okay with this.

Not to mention it just feels right, Anderlecht and Ajax (although to a lesser extent) mope and groan about past glory 24/7, it'd give them the chance to do so together.

And AA Gent - AZ Alkmaar or Club Brugge - PSV sound evenly matched proposals.

How about this improvement

On an Iberian league portuguese top teams would fight for europa access at best.

>Balkan league
Memegorets will dominate easilly, unless prolly T*rk league is included

liverpool and arsenal will both lose their two biggest games of the season

you need us we dont need you

>crimea not blue
triggered.

why would we sacrifice our whole football league pyramid when our leagues are already an overwhelming success